The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh, it was in Buffalo. It was really a combination of wedding and reception -- the wedding was at 6:00 (precisely!), and the ceremony lasted no more than fifteen minutes. It was in the downstairs portion of the building. So after the ceremony, we walked up the stairs to the reception room and did the assembly line thing. We had sixty or so people there, so it took a little while. Then we went outside and did a bunch of pictures while others were eating. In truth, I didn't really get much to eat that night, even though the reception lasted until 10:00! So many people to talk to... Somehow my wife managed to get food though. She told me afterward how good everything was. :P

I got to eat some, but I wish I could of had more! I ate about 3/4 of it then I had to get up for someone or something. When I got back someone had cleared my spot! And Bill drank all my champagne because, "they were going to steal it anyway." :P Same thing happened with the flippin' cake. I appreciated the really good service, but they were to fast for me! But someone delivered strawberries and chocolate and more champagne to our suite after the reception, so at least we got something. Oh and twizlers? There were twizlers in the room. I think that was the best mans doing...

We opened our when we got home. We were gone 3 weeks on a road trip. So our living room was piled with gifts waiting for us. I've STILL yet to find room for some of them...so I have them hidden behind the couch.. :lol: How embarrassing, we were marred in Sept.... :blush:

*note to self...Get off computer* :lol:

:lol: Don't feel bad Joyce! We were married at the beginning of August and I have a pile of wedding presents in the corner of our bedroom! I got some really nice stuff, but most of it is kitchen utensils and other household items I really have no use for at the moment. When the time comes you really need one of them, hopefully you'll remember where it is!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

*Please god, oh please god, I'm so, so, so, sorry -- please make it stop, make the pain stop. I promise I....

~PUKES~ ooooooooooohhhhh*

And I quote.

:|

Ugh puking from drinking. Worst feeling ever. It's the only time I pray... and I'm an athiest. :lol:

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
That just means you're not doing it right. :lol:

I'll try harder then.

I do remember being quite drunk and wandering around a convention with my 24oz bottle of polar bear telling people how wonderful their costumes were.

I even drank from someone else's flask and gave them some of mine at one point... I think. They were quite enamored with the candian concoction I was drinking.

Then I found a lady in a sexy cat woman (ala batman) costume complete with whip and drug her back to whip Peachey and I's single friend who was bitching about being single. I don't remember what I had to do to get her to come with me... *ponder*

He didn't like the cat woman tho, so I went to harass the lady in the super girl costume (very short skirt too if I recall). I got her to agree to a snuggle up with him for a picture, but he wouldn't even come over.

Some people are all talk. ;)

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Timeline

I have some cool news! At least to me...

So, I think I mentioned in here before Bill and I have been looking at apartments to move into. We've been living at the in laws house since I moved down here in June, so its really time to move on. We are also relocating about an hour south of here so Bill and his parents can start a new business venture. They are opening a second branch to the family business that Bill is going to operate and manage.

But, we came up short in our apartment search. The only 1 we really liked seemed a little expensive for the space and location we were being offered. I won't mention that price, because those of you in bigger cities will be completely jealous and laugh at me :lol:

Long story short, we decided to look into purchasing something. I was skeptical since I have no income and a very short credit history, therefore I really couldn't be considered to have my name put on the mortgage and figured that with Bill's credit history and single income we wouldn't prequal for much of anything. Well, we hooked up with a Realtor and a lender that Bill's parents have worked with in the past and actually prequalified for a decent home loan. I'm really shocked actually. It makes me realize why there have been so many issues with foreclosure! In the real world if Bill was living on his own and had just a few more expenses there would be no way he could afford it on his own. We are going to look at places tomorrow! We are in the market for a townhome or condo, just based on the amount of our prequal and a couple other considerations. The housing market in Colorado Springs vs. Denver is like night and day! There is so much in the Springs right now that is really affordable, its pretty fantastic. Pretty exciting but scary at the same time! :)

We're staying away from foreclosures and short sales, no worries there. I don't want to wait months for a conclusion.

Timeline

Hey Huggles!~

That is really, really great news! You must be so super excited!!!

Woohooo!

:)

Congratulations!

I have some cool news! At least to me...

So, I think I mentioned in here before Bill and I have been looking at apartments to move into. We've been living at the in laws house since I moved down here in June, so its really time to move on. We are also relocating about an hour south of here so Bill and his parents can start a new business venture. They are opening a second branch to the family business that Bill is going to operate and manage.

But, we came up short in our apartment search. The only 1 we really liked seemed a little expensive for the space and location we were being offered. I won't mention that price, because those of you in bigger cities will be completely jealous and laugh at me :lol:

Long story short, we decided to look into purchasing something. I was skeptical since I have no income and a very short credit history, therefore I really couldn't be considered to have my name put on the mortgage and figured that with Bill's credit history and single income we wouldn't prequal for much of anything. Well, we hooked up with a Realtor and a lender that Bill's parents have worked with in the past and actually prequalified for a decent home loan. I'm really shocked actually. It makes me realize why there have been so many issues with foreclosure! In the real world if Bill was living on his own and had just a few more expenses there would be no way he could afford it on his own. We are going to look at places tomorrow! We are in the market for a townhome or condo, just based on the amount of our prequal and a couple other considerations. The housing market in Colorado Springs vs. Denver is like night and day! There is so much in the Springs right now that is really affordable, its pretty fantastic. Pretty exciting but scary at the same time! :)

We're staying away from foreclosures and short sales, no worries there. I don't want to wait months for a conclusion.

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline
*Please god, oh please god, I'm so, so, so, sorry -- please make it stop, make the pain stop. I promise I....

~PUKES~ ooooooooooohhhhh*

And I quote.

:|

Damn right, I pray to god, allah and every other known creator out there. I call them all up when I'm kneeling over the porcelain queen. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Thanks lgg!! We should start a contest. What will happen first? I get a new home or you get your visa? :P (I think you will win...)

Timeline

Oh yeah. Honey? I was totally quoting MYSELF!!!!

Yeah. That's right.

:}

Damn right, I pray to god, allah and every other known creator out there. I call them all up when I'm kneeling over the porcelain queen. :lol:

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

All good things, lady!!!

I was just telling Spails, I am totally starting to get excited about the interview and thus, the big move and such. Am totally crapping myself about telling my boss that I"m leaving but will cross that bridge w hen I get to it. MY part time job knows the deal and they're just plain old happy for me, this place? they think husband is coming here!

But good news all around, Huggles!

My money's on me and the visa too as the interview is only 2.5 weeks away!!!!

:D

Thanks lgg!! We should start a contest. What will happen first? I get a new home or you get your visa? :P (I think you will win...)

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

My money is on your too lgg, but a girl can dream! :lol:

I know what you mean about the job thing! I didn't tell my boss anything! She didn't even know I was engaged. She was so mad when I told her. My last 3 weeks of work? No hours for me! Which is exactly why I didn't tell her sooner. She's vindictive and thinks everyone is there to serve her. But, the good news is that you won't ever need to deal with them again! So kick them in the butt on your way out the door if they want to give you trouble! :lol:

I'm excited for you! Its about time your journey has a conclusion!

And thanks Mal!! :)

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Timeline

My sister just managed to snag a super nice house rediculously cheap as well.

Good luck Huggles, it's a lot of effort - but ... then again compared to immagration, it's not really.

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

<back to interview>

Timeline
Soo.. my Gramma and Dad are awesome. They offered to pay for the sleepers from Chicago to Florida. No weirdo interaction for me! :D

Sleepers?

I must be missing something, the only thing I can think of is sleeper cells/agents or pods for deep space travel.

What exactly are you up to there Mal!?!

<back to interview>

I was always more of a "Stupid. I am so stupid. BLLLLAAAAAHHHHHH. How could I be so stupid to drink this much BBBLLLLAAAHHH BLAH BLAH BBBBBBLLLLAAAHHHHH." It's when the dry heaves would start (haven't had them since I was a teen) it would change to praying: "Please God. Kill me. I don't deserve to live. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH OW OW OW OW OW!"

Soo.. my Gramma and Dad are awesome. They offered to pay for the sleepers from Chicago to Florida. No weirdo interaction for me! :D

You mean no weirdo interaction for everyone else on the train... :D

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.