The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Whee!! IN laws are gone to Boston for the week for a business trip. WE HAVE THE HOUSE TO OURSELVES!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

not that i dont mind when they are here..but we didn't really have a honeymoon by ourselves. we had 2 days by ourselves and this is sooo nice :)

A week?! Lucky gal. We got the afternoon to ourselves here... so very rare. And such a welcome thing!

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone... long time no looksee!! :) I'm pretty regular on another forum (totally unrelated to immigration) these days, but wanted to say Hiya! :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Today's weather is supposed to be in the mid-60's, all sun and some clouds. Spring, I am so glad you are back as I was getting depressed with all the gloom and rain. :)

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

Hi everyone... long time no looksee!! :) I'm pretty regular on another forum (totally unrelated to immigration) these days, but wanted to say Hiya! :)

Well howdy - miss ya! Going for citizenship soon?

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Thanks everyone! No citizenship this year.. probably will try next year perhaps.. the money is going to other places this year.. not in a super rush for it, but it's on the radar!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I'm ending my stay here in RI on a less than stellar way,lol So this morning get up, still half asleep, and dog wants out right away, ok no probs, so I open the door! OOPPSSS I forgot to shut off the house alarm!!!! Sirens blare, it starts squawking INTRUDER, The police have been notified and are on their way!!! lol I shut the alarm off. But of course the alarm company immediately calls and aks who i am and for the password--Which I do NOT know!! And of course my in-laws who still reside in Florida this time of yr, are off to the Bahamas!! So alarm co. lady states she has to notify police,lol So few min lat police show up. 1 guy is immediately out of his car, and in the "lets kick butt" mode,lol he is quickly moving down the driveway, hand over his gun in the rdy,lol the other cope just strolls on up when i open the door. They had to phone people onthe "approved" list to see if they knew me, which of course they do. I showed him the engagement photo on the fridge, lol So that was pretty exciting, know the alarm work well and the cops were here in around 5 min.

Prob hit the rd back to VA late tonight. Was going to leave tomorrow, but I want to ensure im home for game 7 caps/Mtl!! Halak needs another stellar performance. Time to clean house and vehicles

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

lol!

You lead an exciting life, Flames! just awesome!

Glad you had a good trip, save for the cops coming to haul you away.

;)

Well I'm ending my stay here in RI on a less than stellar way,lol So this morning get up, still half asleep, and dog wants out right away, ok no probs, so I open the door! OOPPSSS I forgot to shut off the house alarm!!!! Sirens blare, it starts squawking INTRUDER, The police have been notified and are on their way!!! lol I shut the alarm off. But of course the alarm company immediately calls and aks who i am and for the password--Which I do NOT know!! And of course my in-laws who still reside in Florida this time of yr, are off to the Bahamas!! So alarm co. lady states she has to notify police,lol So few min lat police show up. 1 guy is immediately out of his car, and in the "lets kick butt" mode,lol he is quickly moving down the driveway, hand over his gun in the rdy,lol the other cope just strolls on up when i open the door. They had to phone people onthe "approved" list to see if they knew me, which of course they do. I showed him the engagement photo on the fridge, lol So that was pretty exciting, know the alarm work well and the cops were here in around 5 min.

Prob hit the rd back to VA late tonight. Was going to leave tomorrow, but I want to ensure im home for game 7 caps/Mtl!! Halak needs another stellar performance. Time to clean house and vehicles

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

:rofl: What a way to take your leave of the place! Safe travels home.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol!

You lead an exciting life, Flames! just awesome!

Glad you had a good trip, save for the cops coming to haul you away.

;)

Haha Flames your story is the most excitement Ive had today too. Thanks! ;)

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

lol, it wasn't super exciting, but the alarm going off did startle me a bit, was loud, dog ran off too,lol The seeing that 1 cop in the "ready" lol 1 cop went to check things out, and the other that asked the questions was prety relaxed, but he stayed at all time a few feet from me,lol My wife really can't bug me to much over this, as when she came home from Amherst during her college yrs, she set the alarm off numerous of times!!

cleaned up their car and mine. Time to clean house, then hit the road after supper. hopefully I can find the Coyotes game on the radio, not likely though

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Wow, no posts in the OT thread today? How strange!!

Flames- that's quite a story!! :lol: Those alarms are ridiculously loud too. When we were living with my inlaws they "forgot" I was home one day and set it on away mode. I got up, walked up the stairs and set it off. It scares the ####### out of you! Especially when you're half asleep!!

It's been a week and a half since I started my new job and I'm really liking it so far. I thought insurance would be boring, but it's actually pretty interesting! :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

great, 6:30pm and the hubster is already asleep... he can't seem to get into a routine yet.. one day he falls asleep around 6 or 7 and the next he falls asleep around 11pm..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Wow, no posts in the OT thread today? How strange!!

Flames- that's quite a story!! :lol: Those alarms are ridiculously loud too. When we were living with my inlaws they "forgot" I was home one day and set it on away mode. I got up, walked up the stairs and set it off. It scares the ####### out of you! Especially when you're half asleep!!

It's been a week and a half since I started my new job and I'm really liking it so far. I thought insurance would be boring, but it's actually pretty interesting! :)

lol, yes scared me!! I ran to shut the alarm off,THEN donned on me the DOG!!!! She of course took off! But she came back after she was called,whewwwww. On the bright side,I now know the password in case it happens again!!

Timeline

Tomorrow is settlement day. We have to go over to the new place at 8:00 for a walk through and then off to sign our lives away. I decided to keep my son home from school for this, he's been there for everything so far and is learning a lot. My mother never bought a home, so I never learned about that kind of stuff, I really think its important he learn about it. He's very excited.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.