The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We went to the courthouse this afternoon and got married :) We had really wanted to wait to do one more formal wedding, but with the need of medical insurance with the little one on the way, this was the best option. It will allow me to apply for AOS now as soon as I get a SSN. We are still doing a formal wedding in July....I just have to try to be careful or else my dress will not fit in 3 months time!!! Thank god for it being lace up in the back with panels.... :lol:

Congratulations! Don't worry about the dress, I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride (again). :star:

so I finally heard back from the lady I work for today after I sent her the email yesterday.... in the email she seems upset because I didn't give them much notice but in the email she sent me yesterday morning she asked if I thought I would be able to work up until the surgery .. :unsure:

she also said if she thought I would be returning after my surgery... I am not sure if I should or not.. it isn't really fair for them to find temporary care for about 2 months and then have me come back...

and I kind of would really would like to find a job that is closer ...

I have no freaking idea what to do... I really don't want to deal with this right now though.. I have other stuff on my mind...

I do know that the last few months have been challenging for them with me not being very reliable...

Marilyn this is probably not the best time to make the decision. Being preoccupied with your surgery and not feeling well is not a good combination. Perhaps you can just tell your employer you really don't know how your recovery will go and take your cues from her response. Bottom line...your health is more important than anything else.

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Hi all!! Just got back from our trip to FL. It was great, I love that state! It was also interesting. The paramedics were called to the plane on the way to FL for a young man that had a suitcase hit his head from above, (he looked really embarrassed to get off the plane first) AND another one was called for a young guy for a drug overdose on the way home. He was sitting right in front of us, and I saw track marks and bruises all over his arms. Hope he got help in time :(

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I talked to the lady I work for on the phone and we decided to just play it by ear for the next little while... in the meantime they are going to look for a solution for childcare for the next little while and if need be that will become permanent ...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

you should probably resign.

so I finally heard back from the lady I work for today after I sent her the email yesterday.... in the email she seems upset because I didn't give them much notice but in the email she sent me yesterday morning she asked if I thought I would be able to work up until the surgery .. :unsure:

she also said if she thought I would be returning after my surgery... I am not sure if I should or not.. it isn't really fair for them to find temporary care for about 2 months and then have me come back...

and I kind of would really would like to find a job that is closer ...

I have no freaking idea what to do... I really don't want to deal with this right now though.. I have other stuff on my mind...

I do know that the last few months have been challenging for them with me not being very reliable...

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Too bad Marilyn, hope u feel better soon.

Week off from work, so driving up to RI and chill at the inlaws summer house. Do some yard work, watch hockey and drink beer,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Too bad Marilyn, hope u feel better soon.

Week off from work, so driving up to RI and chill at the inlaws summer house. Do some yard work, watch hockey and drink beer,lol

Wow, sucks to be you Flames lol. Have a great time.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline

Made it hear safely in 7 hrs. Time to chill with a beer and enjoy the sounds of the waves hitting the shore. Must be 5 pm somewhere,lol

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Have a great holiday flames. Sitting here in Calgary waiting to hear the sound of the rain hitting the window - basically the same thing, right? :)

That's what I was thinking! Woke up to rain here!

But then again, a few days ago I was in Key West..so I shouldn't be jealous of Flames. And we're going to Myrtle Beach on Monday for a couple days for Tim's b'day...so I'll get to hear those waves again.

*smiles*

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

When I looked a few days back, was suppose to be sunny my whole time here, well not now!! Today is the only sunny day!! lol Will be back here a few times this summer

Timeline

Have fun flames! :)

The weather has been miserable here lately. Yesterday it snowed up in Denver, and some of my coworkers who live up on the North end of town were claiming they woke up to 6 inches of snow Friday morning! Thankfully we didn't get anything at the house. So strange!

Timeline

Made it hear safely in 7 hrs. Time to chill with a beer and enjoy the sounds of the waves hitting the shore. Must be 5 pm somewhere,lol

Even with the rain it sounds nice. Have a great time! :)

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Whee!! IN laws are gone to Boston for the week for a business trip. WE HAVE THE HOUSE TO OURSELVES!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

not that i dont mind when they are here..but we didn't really have a honeymoon by ourselves. we had 2 days by ourselves and this is sooo nice :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

As forecasted the rain arrived here in RI!!! Suppose to rain right till Wednesday--the day I depart,lol--then it gets sunny! oh well! Still went for a walk on "2nd Beach" Pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. 0/4 on roll up the rim to win! Coffee still doesnt taste the same as it does in Canada, but its ok. As stated before the XL here is bigger, I'm guessing to compete with Dunkins XL, which I think may still be a bit bigger. I'll take a rainy day any day then being back at work,lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.