one...two...tree

The conservative backlash against "Avatar"

70 posts in this topic

330840561v1_225x225_Front.jpg

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we watched it tonight in IMAX 3D .. I thought it was really good.. the special effects were amazing, it seemed so real.. even the story was better then I was expecting .... yeah it was kind of your typical action movie story but I thought it was good...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Anybody notice that in the beginning when it shows the Colonel's boots and then the camera pans up--he has his gun and holster on backwards!

I don't know if it was purposeful or if Cameron really is a tree-huggin' Libby who know's nothing about firearms.

Other than that I enjoyed the movie.

21FUNNY.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Anybody notice that in the beginning when it shows the Colonel's boots and then the camera pans up--he has his gun and holster on backwards!

I don't know if it was purposeful or if Cameron really is a tree-huggin' Libby who know's nothing about firearms.

Other than that I enjoyed the movie.

Movies screw up military uniforms & rank all the time. For example they screw up the wearing of berets about 90% of the time.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Charles, don't wait to watch it on DVD! Go see it in 3D, preferably at an Imax. Watching it at home, on your HD TV, no matter how big it is, just won't come close to seeing and experiencing it on the big screen.

I agree. But I'm a big fan of seeing movies in a theater for the experience.

So, we're going to see a movie tonight. It's either Avatar or Sherlock Holmes. Recommendations?

SH was great too. Lots of literature references too which were very funny.

Whether or not something is offensive is of course subjective & some people are more sensitive than others, but I saw nothing in the Golden Compass that I considered anti-Christian.

Actually, TGC was an anti-Christian book and film. That was the author's intentions. He has stated that in interviews. I still don't think my children will turn evil from watching it, but it was definitely anti-Christian. Pullman is a very outspoken atheist who made no secret of his intent to undermine Christian belief system, while also upholding certain morals he does believe in.

Though I am Christian, non-Christian doesn't always mean evil. It's just a different set of beliefs.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I agree. But I'm a big fan of seeing movies in a theater for the experience.

SH was great too. Lots of literature references too which were very funny.

Actually, TGC was an anti-Christian book and film. That was the author's intentions. He has stated that in interviews. I still don't think my children will turn evil from watching it, but it was definitely anti-Christian. Pullman is a very outspoken atheist who made no secret of his intent to undermine Christian belief system, while also upholding certain morals he does believe in.

Though I am Christian, non-Christian doesn't always mean evil. It's just a different set of beliefs.

But you do understand the difference between non-Christian and Anti-Christian?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
But you do understand the difference between non-Christian and Anti-Christian?

Yes, but anti-Christian (unless advocating the killing of Christians or something equally radical and offensive) doesn't bother me either. I can't be personally offended if someone is anti-Christian and I absolutely don't think a book or film has the power to change my morals or those of my children unless we allow that in.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

A conservative backlash against "Avatar"? A right-wing nightmare?

And yet, the movie is owned by Fox? :whistle:

Mark! Steve is ambidextrous. he is a wordsmith . Especially while looking for words from someone else.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow