MARM

January 2010 AOS Filers

2,189 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, shoot. I just talked to our lawyer and apparently she received an RFE while we were on our honeymoon and it was dated 2/3. It was for a medical, which makes no sense. We did the full medical on 1/4/10 and the paperwork was complete. They even gave us a copy for our records and I can't see anything that is missing on it. I called the doctor's office and they're not sure, either, but they're looking into it further. So frustrating that the RFE doesn't just say what was incomplete about it. Argh! Hopefully, we'll figure it out and get on our way.

AOS (from tourist w/overstay)

1/26/10 - NOA

5/04/10 - interview appt - approved

ROC

2/06/12 - NOA date

7/31/12 - card production ordered

N-400

2/08/13 - NOA date

3/05/13 - biometrics appt

6/18/13 - interview - passed!

7/18/13 - oath ceremony

Well, shoot. I just talked to our lawyer and apparently she received an RFE while we were on our honeymoon and it was dated 2/3. It was for a medical, which makes no sense. We did the full medical on 1/4/10 and the paperwork was complete. They even gave us a copy for our records and I can't see anything that is missing on it. I called the doctor's office and they're not sure, either, but they're looking into it further. So frustrating that the RFE doesn't just say what was incomplete about it. Argh! Hopefully, we'll figure it out and get on our way.

If nothing lacked, that could be the "bogus RFE" Nik+Heather was talking about. I hope you resolve that quick.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

I just had my biometrics taken this morning. We got there at exactly 8:00am and I was 4th in line. I gave my appointment letter and my state ID to the guard, he looked at them very carefully then asked for my passport and marriage certificate. He verified all the information and attached all my documents to a form i needed to fill up. After I'm done with the form, the guard asked me to wait in my seat and he submitted my papers to a lady who seem to be the supervisor. I was called by the lady after about a minute and as expected the name change issue came up along with other issues...she first asked us how come I have a different address in my marriage certificate, and a different address in my application. My husband was quick to explain that we have 2 properties, one by the lake and one in a farmhouse. For tax purposes, the property in the lake was registered as the primary address so that is what we use as official address in all our transactions, however, we are staying in the farmhouse right now as the property in the lake is due for renovation, and we use a PO box for all our mails which is the one intended for the farmhouse. After satisfying her curiosity about that, she came up with another issue which we find a bit ridiculous...she asked how come we were married downstate and not in the county where we reside. We had a winter wedding and we decided to have it downstate where there's less snow and more convenient for family members who are coming from other states. I never heard of the place of marriage as being an issue. We were married within our state, I know some people who had their wedding in Vegas and it was ok, so i don't understand why she would even bring that up...and then she brought up the name change issue...she bluntly told me that the way we do it in the Philippines is definitely not acceptable in Michigan and that if she was the immigration officer to decide on our case I will definitely not get an approval. I felt like she was bluffing but i maintained my composure and told her we made inquiries from our county about it and they said we can only file a petition for name change after 1 year of residency. I guess she felt like we came there fully aware of the situation and fully equipped with information so she said "Well, I checked all your documents and we found you to be the same person in the ID and in the application, the name change may be an issue during the interview or it may not be, but you're all set" she smiled, wished us a good day and walked away...overall it was ok but I felt like we had a preliminary interview already...I'm not hoping much about a transfer to csc given those issues she raised but nonetheless i guess we're ready for an interview.

Wow... *HUGS* I think the lady who talked to you was the same as the one who talked to us about the name change issue. Don't worry, if we have an interview it'll be fine. We just have to make sure that we have all the documents needed during the interview.

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Wow... *HUGS* I think the lady who talked to you was the same as the one who talked to us about the name change issue. Don't worry, if we have an interview it'll be fine. We just have to make sure that we have all the documents needed during the interview.

Welcome back, Fatima! :pop:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
If nothing lacked, that could be the "bogus RFE" Nik+Heather was talking about. I hope you resolve that quick.

I think it's something different because our AOS is from tourist visa, so we never had a previous visa application. It's definitely strange - I'm thinking about submitting the exact same thing again since it is filled out completely. I don't know what else to do since they're asking for a complete medical and that's what we originally submitted.

AOS (from tourist w/overstay)

1/26/10 - NOA

5/04/10 - interview appt - approved

ROC

2/06/12 - NOA date

7/31/12 - card production ordered

N-400

2/08/13 - NOA date

3/05/13 - biometrics appt

6/18/13 - interview - passed!

7/18/13 - oath ceremony

I think it's something different because our AOS is from tourist visa, so we never had a previous visa application. It's definitely strange - I'm thinking about submitting the exact same thing again since it is filled out completely. I don't know what else to do since they're asking for a complete medical and that's what we originally submitted.

I got an RFE too -- not sure if it's about the medical, but I'm HOPING it's not. We have the same case: Concurrent I-130 & I-485. I cannot think of anything I did not submit - - although I highly suspect it's the 2009 W2 forms since we only got them from my husband's employer the day after we had sent the package. I'm VERY worried that they "lost" my medical exam...I don't want to have to pay for another exam...Geez.

Please update us as to what the medical exam report RFE is about exactly.

Then again, I'm hoping it's a "bogus" RFE of some sort. Even if I think that "bogus" RFE is not applicable.

25 January 2010: Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, EAD and AP - sent via UPS overnight delivery to Chicago Lockbox

26 January 2010: Received by receptionist CHIBA at 8:30 AM/Received date on NOA

02 February 2010: Checked cashed/Notice date

05 February 2010: Received NOA's for I-130,I-485,I-131,I-130

13 February 2010: Received ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics.

17 February 2010: Date of RFE for Federal Tax 1040/Received Text & Email confirmation

19 February 2010: Received RFE in mail

22 February 2010: Mailed Response to RFE via USPS Express mail

24 February 2010: Package delivered and received at Lee's Summit office

26 February 2010: Biometrics DONE/RFE Received-case processing resumed

17 March 2010: Email approval notifications - EAD & AP.

22 March 2010: Received AP by mail. Received interview schedule notice for 22 April.

22 April 2010: Greencard Approved :)

Removal of Conditions

24 January 2012: Sent I-751 petition via USPS Overnight

25 January 2012: Delivered at CSC, Receipt Date NOA1

27 January 2012: Checked cashed

30 January 2012: Received NOA in mail.

06 February 2012: Received Biometrics notice (dated 03 Feb)

02 March 2012: Biometrics appointment.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Maybe I am freaking out too much, but after the hellish process we had with the K-1, I don't think I have any patience left for any glitches during the AOS/EAD. So tomorrow I am going to fax my congressman and senators for help in figuring out if my husband's RFE response actually has been received by USCIS because we still do not have a status change online. It still says "we sent a request for evidence, blah blah blah" even though my husband's response was delivered on Feb 03, 2010. :angry:

Hey Marm what happened? what was the RFE foe?

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline
I got an RFE too -- not sure if it's about the medical, but I'm HOPING it's not. We have the same case: Concurrent I-130 & I-485. I cannot think of anything I did not submit - - although I highly suspect it's the 2009 W2 forms since we only got them from my husband's employer the day after we had sent the package. I'm VERY worried that they "lost" my medical exam...I don't want to have to pay for another exam...Geez.

Please update us as to what the medical exam report RFE is about exactly.

Then again, I'm hoping it's a "bogus" RFE of some sort. Even if I think that "bogus" RFE is not applicable.

W2 forms itself are not sufficient, they must be accompanied by 1040 (tax return) with all attachments. The better choice appears to be tax transcripts from IRS, in which case you don't have to send any attachments.

Hey Marm what happened? what was the RFE foe?

The RFE was for a copy of his birth certificate, which we included in the initial application we sent but I guess they lost it so they asked for another one. We sent it in again and they received the doc on Feb 03, 2010. Still no change in status online though, it still says "We mailed you a request for evidence..."

Where are you in the process? Did you finally get your NOA1s?

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi. New here. We received and RFE this week. It said, 1. submit latest tax return and underneath it, 2. a box was checked saying my husband does not meet the sponsorship's support financially. How come? He earns 56K a year for 7 years? Please help what shall we do?

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The RFE was for a copy of his birth certificate, which we included in the initial application we sent but I guess they lost it so they asked for another one. We sent it in again and they received the doc on Feb 03, 2010. Still no change in status online though, it still says "We mailed you a request for evidence..."

Where are you in the process? Did you finally get your NOA1s?

We are in the same problem too Marm, we sent in our RFE and it hasnt been registered, even though our case was touched on the 17th, the USCIS military helpline couldent even see that. Definitly getting the right people involved on Monday. Let me know how the process goes so we can do ours too, and see how easy it is... Lol!

Ahhh this AOS journey...

12/31/2009 - Married

01/08/2010- Mailed in AOS

01/13/2010- AOS received and sent back due to missing signature

01/22/2010- AOS arrives back at my house, signed, sent off again

01/27/2010- Receipt number given, huzzahhh! NOA1

01/29/2010- Money taken out :'(

02/02/2010- Touch

02/06/2010- Biometrics Appointment, 16th Feb at 2:00pm .... Also happens to be my 21st Birthday!!

02/07/2010- Sent in Medical to Chicago office

02/09/2010- Got a RFE for medical.....Sent reply letter 2 days earlier due to forgetting to include vaccination data.

02/10/2010- Sent a 2nd copy of medical to MO office.

02/16/2010- 21st birthday, Biometrics done, and a letter saying my case is on "hold" from the 7th of Feb, in a email...

02/17/2010- Touch

02/23/2010- Letter to congressman

02/24/2010- RFE Received and processing resumed.

02/25/2010- Case transferred to CSC

03/24/2010- Work permit printed

03/28/2010- Work permit received (After writing to the congressman...Again...)

07/01/2010- Call to Senator about Green card, Call to USCIS, Nothing... Told to wait another 2 months and then possibly another 4 months.

07/01/2010- Touch on I-485/Green card...

07/02/2010- Second touch on I-485/Green card, No notifications....

07/07/2010- Told at info pass that my application is being sent to west palm from CSC

07/10/2010- Touch I-485

07/14/2010- Touch on I-485

Same deal here - our RFE was sent in on the 12th, and here we are a full week later with no update in the system. But according to some of the experience others are having, I'm not optimistic about seeing an update any time soon.

Our Timeline - AOS from J-1 & J-2

10/03/09 - Wedding in Reno, NV

01/14/10 - I-485, I-130, I-765 & I-131 filed

01/25/10 - Checks cashed, NOAs sent!! (Day 1)

01/28/10 - NOAs received - dated 1/25/10 (Day 3)

02/04/10 - Biometrics letter received! (Day 10)

02/16/10 - Biometrics appointment, Modesto, CA - COMPLETED! (Day 22)

03/11/10 - Received interview notice - April 15, 2010 in Fresno, CA (Day 45)

03/18/10 - AP Approved (for my daughter - not me)!! (Day 52)

03/24/10 - Touch I-485 and email that RFE received on 2/18/10 (Day 58)

04/05/10 - INFOPASS appointment -- was told NBC must have decided not to process AP or EAD because interview was so soon. (Day 70)

04/13/10 - Email - EAD Card production ordered, Touch on my AP (Day 78)

04/15/10 - Interview @ 10:30am - APPROVED!!! Email - Green Card production ordered! (Day 80)

04/16/10 - My AP received in mail (no approval email), ANOTHER email EAD Card production ordered, Touch on I-765, I-485 & I-130 (Day 81)

04/20/10 - Green card status changed to post-decision activity, Touch on I-765 & I-485 (Day 85)

04/26/10 - Greencard RECEIVED!!!! (Day 91)

Our Timeline - ROC

02/09/12 - I-751 Filed

W2 forms itself are not sufficient, they must be accompanied by 1040 (tax return) with all attachments. The better choice appears to be tax transcripts from IRS, in which case you don't have to send any attachments.

"insufficient" is so subjective :( I really think it's up to the one holding your file. My friend submitted W2's and everything went on smoothly - -no RFE's.

Just my luck. My packet ended up in the hands of some strict adjudicator.

25 January 2010: Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, EAD and AP - sent via UPS overnight delivery to Chicago Lockbox

26 January 2010: Received by receptionist CHIBA at 8:30 AM/Received date on NOA

02 February 2010: Checked cashed/Notice date

05 February 2010: Received NOA's for I-130,I-485,I-131,I-130

13 February 2010: Received ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics.

17 February 2010: Date of RFE for Federal Tax 1040/Received Text & Email confirmation

19 February 2010: Received RFE in mail

22 February 2010: Mailed Response to RFE via USPS Express mail

24 February 2010: Package delivered and received at Lee's Summit office

26 February 2010: Biometrics DONE/RFE Received-case processing resumed

17 March 2010: Email approval notifications - EAD & AP.

22 March 2010: Received AP by mail. Received interview schedule notice for 22 April.

22 April 2010: Greencard Approved :)

Removal of Conditions

24 January 2012: Sent I-751 petition via USPS Overnight

25 January 2012: Delivered at CSC, Receipt Date NOA1

27 January 2012: Checked cashed

30 January 2012: Received NOA in mail.

06 February 2012: Received Biometrics notice (dated 03 Feb)

02 March 2012: Biometrics appointment.

Kayte and Miranda: We are trying really hard to be patient, but our past experience with the K-1 is still in the back of our minds so we don't want to risk sitting around waiting. I hope any of the officials we contacted get back to us soon! I hope you too get good news of the RFE acknowledged by Monday.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Kayte and Miranda: We are trying really hard to be patient, but our past experience with the K-1 is still in the back of our minds so we don't want to risk sitting around waiting. I hope any of the officials we contacted get back to us soon! I hope you too get good news of the RFE acknowledged by Monday.

Thanks MARM! Nobody faults you for not trusting the system, when the system is known to be flawed. Good luck!

Our Timeline - AOS from J-1 & J-2

10/03/09 - Wedding in Reno, NV

01/14/10 - I-485, I-130, I-765 & I-131 filed

01/25/10 - Checks cashed, NOAs sent!! (Day 1)

01/28/10 - NOAs received - dated 1/25/10 (Day 3)

02/04/10 - Biometrics letter received! (Day 10)

02/16/10 - Biometrics appointment, Modesto, CA - COMPLETED! (Day 22)

03/11/10 - Received interview notice - April 15, 2010 in Fresno, CA (Day 45)

03/18/10 - AP Approved (for my daughter - not me)!! (Day 52)

03/24/10 - Touch I-485 and email that RFE received on 2/18/10 (Day 58)

04/05/10 - INFOPASS appointment -- was told NBC must have decided not to process AP or EAD because interview was so soon. (Day 70)

04/13/10 - Email - EAD Card production ordered, Touch on my AP (Day 78)

04/15/10 - Interview @ 10:30am - APPROVED!!! Email - Green Card production ordered! (Day 80)

04/16/10 - My AP received in mail (no approval email), ANOTHER email EAD Card production ordered, Touch on I-765, I-485 & I-130 (Day 81)

04/20/10 - Green card status changed to post-decision activity, Touch on I-765 & I-485 (Day 85)

04/26/10 - Greencard RECEIVED!!!! (Day 91)

Our Timeline - ROC

02/09/12 - I-751 Filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.