Resha

Nervous about the interview..

37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was wanting to tell my story to everyone to get an idea what everyone opinions are about the outcome of our interview based on our story so here goes...

I met my fiance Adnan on Myspace on June 10, 2007.. We talked for 5 months and I decided to go see him in Morocco.. I stayed with him for 3 months the first time I went.. We tried to get married while I was there but I forgot some of the papers I needed, so we couldnt.. So we had our fiance party on February 2, 2008.. Before leaving I found out I was pregnant.. I left on February 5th and we continued to talk via email, phone, text... We thought about doing the fiance visa then, but due to money problems we decided to focus everything just on the baby, bc she needed so many things.. So we dealt with not being togeter for her sake..

I gave birth to her on August 21, 2008.. Well finally got the money together to start the visa process, but it was so hard to wait 6+ months longer before he met his daughter, so we decided just to go to morocco so he and his family can see her.. We stayed there for another 3 months and decided not to marry there just to do fiance visa when I got back.. After we left Morocco I filed it and our interview is in 1 week from today! We have alot of proof of our relationship and the fact that I have lived with him for 6 months is a good thing I believe and the fact that we have Fatima.. I am really worried bc I have heard alot of bad things from Morocco lately.. I cant imagine being denied! Everyday having to look at my child and know that I have to do it all over again.. What do you think our chances are? I know you guys cant predict the outcome just wondering about your opinions!

Thanks...

Resha

POE at JFK:01-26-2010

Wedding:02-03-2010

Filed AOS: 11-22-2010

AOS Accepted: 12-08-2010

NOA1 for AOS & EAD: 12-11-2010

Received Biometrics Appt: 12-16-2010

Biometrics Appt: 01-05-2011

Transferred to CSC: 01-13-2011

EAD Approved: 02-11-2011

EAD Received: 02-22-2011

AOS Approved: 03-07-2011

AOS Received: 03-14-2011

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

If your sponsorship is accepted, and their investigation of him turns out clean, you should be OK. Will you be there for the interview?

Timeline

No.. I cannot be there.. He has no criminal record and the co-sponsor makes enough to do it..

Timeline

What makes you believe that they will give him one so easy? Just curious...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Resha...I have no idea about the Moroccan Consulates for certain but it seems as if he can prove his legitimacy in the relationship and your visits and his criminal record is clean that he should eventually get the visa. I know it's hard raising your little one alone and for your love to be far away and miss days with her. I just wanted to chime in and offer some support to you. Best wishes with the process and I pray your family will reunite soon.

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
ok you having a baby together living with him that long is more than a proof i been there so i know they will give it to him trust me you dont need to be nervous

Ok, for starters, having a baby with someone is not proof of a valid relationship. I am not trying to be mean here I am just trying to help.

Second, living with someone for 6 months is not proof either. If I was the interviewer I would be questioning these things.

1. You met online. (NOT A BAD THING....I am just saying the time line is weird)

2. The time line.

-----You met online talked for 5 months then went and he proposed. Am I understanding that write?

3. He is a man. A man from Morocco. He will have to overcome immense obstacles at the interview. My fiancee interviewed last Tuesday and they were very very harsh on the men.

All the women got the visa's that day and I'm not so sure how many of the men did.

4. You have visited twice. (This looks very good.)

Because of the amount of fraud that comes out of Morocco, they are very hard on men.

You will just have to be prepared for the tone of the interview. You could have someone really nice. So finger's crossed.

However, how is his English? Is it good? Bad? So-so? The evidence we had in our success was pictures with each other's families.

This was incredibly important. Also, we compiled HUNDREDS, of emails, skype logs, msn logs, and receipts from the phone calls.

The more the better.

Maybe even contact your congress person to check on the status of the interview. If its soon, start now.

They take time. Remember, Casa is just one of those consulates you need to prepare for. So good luck.

I wish you the best!

as well, the consulate may have some questions about his family being so accepting of their son having an out of wedlock child with you. it's not mine, or anyone else's business of course, but it's not a cultural norm for this to be embraced. not saying there aren't exceptions, and if it is that his family is an exception to that, great, but he should be prepared to answer some potentially hard questions about it by his interviewer. best of luck. your daughter looks like a sweetie pie.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

Yeah.. We didnt get married legally in Morocco but we did have a religious ceremony when I got there.. We announced it to all of his family and all in his neighborhood know us as married in Islam.. I know the consulate in Morocco is very hard on the men, and I know some of the Interviewers are very rude about some things... My fiances english is good to me, but maybe a few words are hard for others to understand.. We have alot of proof and alot of pictures with his family from both of my trips..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You should be prepared for an AP. Seems common enough for Moroccan men.

Looks like there's a bit of grilling that goes on during the interviews -- especially, the online cases. So be prepared with TONS of evidence.

And also, like someone else pointed out, people need to get over this misconception that having a child is a fast ticket. It is not proof of a valid relationship, just that you had sex with someone. Not saying this to be rude -- but don't BANK on a visa based on your child alone.

Good luck and keep us posted! :)

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Never assume that the visa is a guarantee. You must realistically look at all of your possible red flags and be prepared to answer questions on them. Meeting online is one of them. Be prepared to answer questions on it. A child out of legal wedlock could raise some eye brows.It isn't by any means proof of a valid relationship, so never assume that it is. How that specific Country views an Orfi marriage could be a possible problem. I couldn't tell you have the consulate will react to it, but I know that my husband does not believe in that kind of marriage. If this is how the consulate sees it as well you might want to prepare to answer questions on that as well. Spending a lot of time there is helpful. Acceptance of both his and your relationship is also a good thing. Make sure to take pictures of you with his friends and family.

All in all I wouldn't stress too much. Just remember it is better to be overly prepared than assume that there will be no problems.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Is there anyway you can do a DNA test to provide proof to the consulate that he is your fiance's son? That might offer extra substantiation.

Good luck!

ok you having a baby together living with him that long is more than a proof i been there so i know they will give it to him trust me you dont need to be nervous

having a child together proves nothing more than that the USC and the foreign beneficiary had sexual relations and procreated. it is not a reason to be approved a fiance(e) visa. having lived together for a significant period of time is good if ample evidence of a bona-fide relationship is gathered during that time. Having co-habited for six months should have resulted in joint-leases, bills, and such that can be used as documentary proof of the relationship bona-fides. It is those bona-fides that tip the scale for a positive outcome.

Without detailed information about the OP's specific situation, it is misleading to state with conviction that the fiance will be issued a visa without incident. We simply cannot make that call. The best advice that can be given is to make sure all your documents are in order and be as prepared as possible for the interview...because the visa is never a given until it is in hand.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Yeah.. We didnt get married legally in Morocco but we did have a religious ceremony when I got there.. We announced it to all of his family and all in his neighborhood know us as married in Islam.. I know the consulate in Morocco is very hard on the men, and I know some of the Interviewers are very rude about some things... My fiances english is good to me, but maybe a few words are hard for others to understand.. We have alot of proof and alot of pictures with his family from both of my trips..

Pictures with the family are definitely good, but it is 'primary' evidence that you're looking for. Stamps in passport, visas (if you had to have one for your length of stay there), plane tickets, boarding passes, hotel receipts, credit card transactions while in your SO's country, hotel receipts for your stay there and apartment leases if applicable. Basically you're looking to document on paper, the time you spent with your fiance...the photos are 'visual' proof of that time, but it not what one would term 'indisputable'.

Good luck.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.