baron555

They are Here

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

A fine reward for a long and difficult journey. Congratulations!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just a quick update. After one week here in America:

Everything is going spendidly and wonderfully. Everyone is very happy and very much in love and a happy family.

The little one has totally adjusted to his new home, new sleep times, and his new father (me). Nika the dog is totally happy and has begun to obey simple commands (not that she didn't before but now just more of them, being a dog trainer/show handler that I am) and is very happy.

Over the weekend we took a car excursion into downtown Chicago, the lakefront, Michigan Avenue, Millenium Park, up and down LSD and into Wrigleville. During the evening we drove around looking at the different Christmas light diplays that many houses have installed in the neighborhood.

Yesterday to the local food market, then to Caputo's Fresh Market (with grand selections from many nations) and then to Sam's Club to purchase our Chiristmas tree. Last night we decorated their first real Christmas tree.

Her comments remain, "There is so much variety" and selections of things (esp. food) and still can not believe the clothing prices. She bought him a nice little insulated vest with matching shirt for $10. Back home she examined it and declared that it was decent quality but no way it would cost $10 in Moscow!

Ordered the electric shaver and pro hair dryer from Amazon. I am so glad we took to time to discuss (and show via Skype) around my house and what foods and things to have on hand, especially for the little one; there is nothing that I didn't have so their new life here would be so different.

And, we both do not see (we have talked about it and have talked about some of you folks talking about it) big problems related to cultural differences. Besides taking a shower before bed at night besides in the morning and wearing slippers around the house and the outdoor shoes stay at the door, I haven't caught them making pagan sacrafices in the back yard or spitting over the shoulder or anything. Obviously this has to be determined individually and most likely since Alla is very observant and inquisitive and worldly on her own, we see no grand changes needing to be made related to cultures.

She Skypes every day with her parents and family and some of her friends (some of them already here); actually she has to change her Skype status to Offline because the Skype phone is always ringing from one of her friends or another wanting the full story. She could be on the air for hours with all of them; "Tell them to read the Memoirs."

In Home Depot, she could not find a washing machine the same size as hers in Moscow. Everyone here is very big so they have big clothes and therefore need big washing machines!!!

And, out in public, we are the happy, good looking family. Leonid is a little cutie and a charmer to everone, regardless of color, size or whatever. And, I do see the men doing double takes (or at least that narrowing of the eyes when next to the wife!!!) when they take a glance at the blond $99 MOB hottie (I do the same and then grab her and give her a big smooch!). And the wives just keep their attention on the little one; haven't seen any yet giving their husband a slap across their head!!!!

So all in all, a very happy movie for us!!!!

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Congratulations, you sound very happy indeed! :thumbs:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Sounds like things are going great, Phil. Enjoy it!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Yeah, you probably won't hear the comments, "What is that hottie doing with that guy". But they'll be thinking it. Just remember to tell your single guy friends the process, they can see the rewards.

As for the cultural differences, just wait. They will start to emerge but probably won't be any big deal. Just differences will be discussed.

The important thing is when you look into each other's eyes and see the love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

congratulations ,we also flew in on the 7th,but we where british airlines and our p.o.e was here in atlanta,i'm glad all is well,it is same story here,adjusting to new life,wow'ed by self service checkouts at the grocery,and self serve soda fountains at the gas stations.pictures soon.

wow'ed by self service checkouts at the grocery,and self serve soda fountains at the gas stations.pictures soon.

Ahhhhh.... the little things.

Sounds like you guys are having fun. Enjoy!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Yeah, you probably won't hear the comments, "What is that hottie doing with that guy". But they'll be thinking it.

I've been asked that several times and I don't ever say anything in reply - I just take my fist and arm and hold it down near my nether region to insinuate that, "oh yes, that's why."

Works every time, especially with the ladies.

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
That's awesome news! I hope to be mimicking your adventures in a couple days. I just hope it's not numb-#### cold when she arrives. It's -11 and I have spent the past year and a half proclaiming how much nicer a Denver winter was going to be when compared to Vladivostok. C'mon sunshine!

I lived in Denver for 20 years and have been to Vladivostok - no comparison, she will feel the sun's warmth very soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
That's awesome news! I hope to be mimicking your adventures in a couple days. I just hope it's not numb-#### cold when she arrives. It's -11 and I have spent the past year and a half proclaiming how much nicer a Denver winter was going to be when compared to Vladivostok. C'mon sunshine!

Go rent a nice B&B with jacuzzi up in Estes Park; you won't notice the cold then!!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.