SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone we got our interview date for London......FEB 4TH :dance: please add Terri and I to the feb list...thanks and best of luck to everyone :thumbs: xx Jay & Terri xx

ukusflags2.gif

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent :2009-05-13

I-129F NOA1 2009-05-19

2009-08-02 my Terri baby arrived in the U.K. and i got to kiss her,i'm so happy i love you Terri Baby

TOUCHED 2009-09-02......YEY!!!!!!!! :-)

TOUCHED 2009-09-03...... AGAIN!!!!!! :-)

TOUCHED 2009-09-08...... YIPEE!!!!!!! :-)

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :2009-09-08.......i love you my baby!!!!!!!!

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :2009-09-26

Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-02

Medical Date :2009-10-21

Packet 4 Received :2010-01-05

Interview Date :2010-02-04

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 22, 2009 and September 4, 2009*.

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

picture111e.jpg

--------------------

Timeline

January 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jewel-8, Claire and Troy, lirwin2000, laura00412, beatlesrebel, Kimmy and PJ, NotworkSte, xSweeTiex

February 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

January Interviews

K-1....Jewel-8.............................4th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1....Claire and Troy.................5th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1....lirwin2000.........................5th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1....laura00412.......................7th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1....beatlesrebel.....................7th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1...Kimmy and PJ.....................8th Jan 2010 :star:

CR-1...NotworkSte.....................8th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.....xSweeTiex.......................8th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1...amykathleen2005............14th Jan 2010 :star: *pending medical

K-1....FrostyMist.......................15th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.....jenanddan2010.............19th Jan 2010

CR-1....viol8torUK.....................19th Jan 2010

K-1......TeamMoran...................20th Jan 2010

K-1.......D_G..............................20th Jan 2010

K-1.....Andrew + Bethany.........25th Jan 2010

K-1.....RUSSandRACHEL............25th Jan 2010

CR-1..david'sgirl/Scotinmass.....25th Jan 2010

K-1..........Nikki-UK.....................29th Jan 2010

K-1.....earlgreygirl....................29th Jan 2010

February Interviews

CR-1.......Hindocha....................1st Feb 2010

K-1.........yorkshirerose22..........4th Feb 2010

K-1.........Jay'n'Terri...................4th Feb 2010

K-1.........ajbe1986....................5th Feb 2010

K-1.........brit la..........................9th Feb 2010

K-1.........Think~Pink................10th Feb 2010

:star:= APPROVED

Approved and waiting for interview date:

Justine+David

I'm glad you finally got a date Hindocha! You must be very excited :)

Hey peeps, should we start a 2010 AOS thread in the AOS forum like they did for last year in 2009?

Edited by Jay'n'Terri

ukusflags2.gif

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F NOA1 2009-05-19

2009-08-02 my Terri baby arrived in the U.K. and i got to kiss her,i'm so happy i love you Terri Baby

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 22, 2009 and September 4, 2009*.

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

picture111e.jpg

--------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Traveling to London tomorrow - interview 9am on wednesday morning :S i'm so nervous! and all the traveling sucks too :(

i read that you can't take in mobile phones, ipods, or large backpack type bags, etc - but there are lockers available? does anyone know how much money has to be coughed up for one???

'Love - Life - Loyalty'

Traveling to London tomorrow - interview 9am on wednesday morning :S i'm so nervous! and all the traveling sucks too :(

i read that you can't take in mobile phones, ipods, or large backpack type bags, etc - but there are lockers available? does anyone know how much money has to be coughed up for one???

Good luck for Wednesday! I don't envy the travelling - I'm lucky that I live in London.

I've seen a pharmacy mentioned on here loads that people use to store their stuff..might possibly be mentioned on the interview 2009 thread?

Timeline

Hi buddy, 1st off best of luck from me and Terri for wednesday :thumbs: i copied this for you 'Since many items are not allowed to be carried into the Embassy, you may want to make use of a pharmacy just up the street to stow your mobile phone, electronic devices, etc while you are at your interview. They should be open by 7:30am, they charge about £5, and they have a good reputation.

Gould's Pharmacy

37 North Audley Street

Mayfair

London W1K 6ZL

Telephone: 0207 495 6298

hope this helps you, come back and tell us all how it went in London........ Jay'n'Terri :thumbs:

Edited by Jay'n'Terri

ukusflags2.gif

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F NOA1 2009-05-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

picture111e.jpg

--------------------

Timeline

Good luck for those with interviews tomorrow!

My bag is packed, and the documents are triple-checked. I'm all set for Wednesday, and look forward to hopefully being able to write the review and see that star!

Timeline

This time last week, I was fast becoming a nervous wreck with worrying about my interview.

Now, I'm sat here looking up shipping solutions and pet carriers. :D It's a whole new kinda stress, but I'm so pleased to have the visa approved at last!

Everyone that has their interview this week-good luck! Hopefully, it's nearly over for you now and soon you'll actually be able to plan. It's a wonderful feeling having some certainty and control back again.

I know it's very scary. No amount of preparing and planning can take that away. I had an overal very positive experience at the embassy, and my interview was approved despite us needing to rely on both his parents as our sponsors. We didn't know if the embassy would accept his parents' joint income, so we were quite anxious about whether we'd be approved or not.

Good luck to you all though. I still get butterfly's in my tummy whenever I think of anyone here having to go to their interview.

Good luck to you all though. I still get butterfly's in my tummy whenever I think of anyone here having to go to their interview.

I do too! Even though I'm not the one who had to do the interview, I remember being so very nervous for my fiance and my stomach did cartwheels until he got home and called me. It's such a wonderful feeling after the interview is done and you get that approval though! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Frosty - can I ask what was the issue? My one worry is that I (this time it's Garry) don't have enough to show as a freelance computer guy - even though I've got $60k documented for this year from various people. I actually asked my parents to be co sponsor but they didn't want to...

'Love - Life - Loyalty'

Timeline
Frosty - can I ask what was the issue? My one worry is that I (this time it's Garry) don't have enough to show as a freelance computer guy - even though I've got $60k documented for this year from various people. I actually asked my parents to be co sponsor but they didn't want to...

Do you mean with our finances (I-134)?

The problem was that my fiance didn't earn enough to meet the poverty guidelines. He didn't even come close. If we hadn't had our sponsors, we would have had to hope that the embassy would approve us based on his assets - my understanding is that assets are not always accepted as favorably by the embassy.

The problem with our sponsors (his parents) was that if considered seperately, neither of them earned enough income to meet the poverty guidelines either. Combined though, they earned above the poverty guidelines for 3 people. We just didn't know whether the embassy would accept a joint co sponsor - and in our case, the problem was made more complicated because his parents don't live together. They're married, file income taxes jointly, but live at different addresses. In the end though, it wasn't a problem. After the interviewer told me he was concerned about my fiance's I-134 and lack of income, he took my fiance's mother's forms, and then asked to see my fiance's dad's forms. After that, he said "perfect!" and approved us.

Edited by FrostyMist

Do you mean with our finances (I-134)?

The problem was that my fiance didn't earn enough to meet the poverty guidelines. He didn't even come close. If we hadn't had our sponsors, we would have had to hope that the embassy would approve us based on his assets - my understanding is that assets are not always accepted as favorably by the embassy.

The problem with our sponsors (his parents) was that if considered seperately, neither of them earned enough income to meet the poverty guidelines either. Combined though, they earned above the poverty guidelines for 3 people. We just didn't know whether the embassy would accept a joint co sponsor - and in our case, the problem was made more complicated because his parents don't live together. They're married, file income taxes jointly, but live at different addresses. In the end though, it wasn't a problem. After the interviewer told me he was concerned about my fiance's I-134 and lack of income, he took my fiance's mother's forms, and then asked to see my fiance's dad's forms. After that, he said "perfect!" and approved us.

So you took 3 I-134s with you? I didn't realise they consider combined incomes for I-134s, although I know they do within the same household (as in new MIL and FILs) for the I-864. I've been worried about this because although my fiance is confident that his mom earns enough to sponsor 4 (her, her husband as they file jointly, me and my daughter) I was worried what we'd do if she was close the income level...

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline
So you took 3 I-134s with you?

Yes.

I didn't realise they consider combined incomes for I-134s, although I know they do within the same household (as in new MIL and FILs) for the I-864. I've been worried about this because although my fiance is confident that his mom earns enough to sponsor 4 (her, her husband as they file jointly, me and my daughter) I was worried what we'd do if she was close the income level...

My fiance's parents do not even live in the same household. But, they file their income taxes jointly, and it would seem that that was fine with the embassy.

Visa approved :)

CR-1....viol8torUK.....................19th Jan 2010

we were outside the embassy at 7:10am for an 8am appointment, and there were people ahead of us in the queue already........ I was the first Immigrant visa number called.... the rest were all 'N' numbers. I handed all my documents over at the counter at 8:05am ..... was told to go and pay and then come back.... she then told me to sit down and wait to be called again..... so we sat down at around 8:15...... at around 9:20 we were called again..... had to swear an oath, answer some very simple questions about our relationship, how we met, when we got married, why we wanted to move to the US etc....... approx 9:30 the interview was finished and we were told I was approved..... and to go and pay for the courier.

so it was actually a very quick process compared to a lot of people on here..... but I suppose being the first 'I' visa of the day helped to speed things up ;)

Also, the person at the front of the queue outside the Embassy this morning was the guy who played Henry VIII in The Tudors - Jonathan Rhys Meyers, which certainly cheered up my wife during the cold dark wait outside... although she did say that he didn't look the same with his clothes on....... women do say the funniest things!!

Anyway - good luck to all those still in the process.... :) now to confirm my moving date with my employer!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Good luck to the today and upcoming interviewees. We are thinking about you and wishing you the best. :)

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.