SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

As we have started getting January interview dates through, I thought it would be a good time to launch the interview chat for next year. The 2009 thread will obviously stay current for those December interviewees, but please post your approval or pending announcements for January here :)

Here's hoping 2010 is good to us all!

January 2010 Interviews

K-1....Jewel-8..........4th Jan 2010

K-1....laura00412......7th Jan 2010

CR-1....NotworkSte....8th Jan 2010

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

I guess this is a good time to chime in and give congratulations to everyone who has their dates. Hoping this will be a good year for everyone! Claire and I are very excited to be a part of it and even more excited to begin planning our moving/travel arrangements.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone!

Check our Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi! Good idea starting this thread. I've been lurking around the 2009 thread and patiently waiting for my interview date. We were given it today. 20th January @0900. Perfect timing for me as I'm going away over Christmas, so wouldn't have been able to leave my passport with the embassy, anyway.

The nerves are really starting to kick in now!

January 2010 Interviews

K-1....Jewel-8.................4th Jan 2010

K-1....Clare and Troy......5th Jan 2010

K-1....laura00412............7th Jan 2010

CR-1....NotworkSte.........8th Jan 2010

K-1......TeamMoran.......20th Jan 2010

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

we got our interview date! 8th jan (laura & jon)!!!

January 2010 Interviews

K-1....Jewel-8.................4th Jan 2010

K-1....Clare and Troy......5th Jan 2010

K-1....laura00412............7th Jan 2010

CR-1....NotworkSte.........8th Jan 2010

K-1......TeamMoran.......20th Jan 2010

We just got our interview date for January 14th for the K-1 visa!!!

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

For those who are new to the London Embassy Interview club, here are the insider tips distilled from the 2009 thread:

The Medical

Make sure you get your medical at least one week before the interview. They claim the policy has changed such that they will reschedule you if you show up and your results aren't there. We haven't seen them enforce it as of one month after the announcement, but this may still be the grace period. Cover your bases. This is the link to the medical instructions.

Police certificates

These can take up to two weeks to obtain from here. They are good for a year, so no use waiting until the last minute. If your police cert says "No Live Trace" You need to obtain your subject access records. If the beneficiary has any arrests or convictions, they should start working on getting their court records ASAP.

Not-London Subject Access Links

London Subject Access Link

The I 134

Please be sure to check "DO INTEND" to provide specific contributions on the I 134. This is especially important for cosponsors. Yes, this is contrary to the VJ example forms.

The Checklist

Put dates on your checklist for travel and wedding (for K-1s). No, you're not supposed to book, but they can't accommodate your plans if you don't tell them. A month/date is sufficient.

Packet 3

You can send it in as soon as you know they have sent packet 3 to you - don't even have to wait for it in the mail. http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html You send in the forms, which you fill out, but keep all the documents and pictures (and other evidence) with you to hand carry to the interview.

"Relationship Evidence"

This isn't requested on the checklist. It is rarely (if ever) required during the interview. Couples with red flags will need to assess their own situation to make their case stronger, but the average UK couple will not need this. Assess your own relationship with a critical 3rd party eye.

Well, that's all I can think of for now - other 2009 grads, any other tips for the next class?

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I'd add the long version of the birth certificate which can also take a couple of weeks to get and there have been some VJ members on here who have had to get them twice because a parent's name was spelled wrong, etc.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

ooh, I almost forgot: My favorite interview checklist - it includes which things to copy.

Also, she's put pink dots next to the things which were needed at the interview, so those who came after knew what to focus on.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2864710

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I'd add the long version of the birth certificate which can also take a couple of weeks to get and there have been some VJ members on here who have had to get them twice because a parent's name was spelled wrong, etc.

I'll second that! That little glitch set us back 3 weeks.

On another note, I'd suggest reviewing the original I-129f packet. While I was reading over ours before sending it off to Claire, I noticed my letter of intent wasn't done properly. When I stated I intend to marry within 90 days, etc, I wrote, "MY arrival to the US", not HER. /Facepalm! I sent her an updated and notarized one with the correction in case it comes up. USCIS didn't seem to care as far as we know but we thought it best to be armed with a new one.

Check our Timeline

I'm loving this thread already, how helpful :thumbs: I can't wait to put our interview date in here, hopefully sooner rather than later!! Good luck to everyone in 2010!!

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Ooh, right, yeah a notarized letter is needed if the interview is 4 months past the original NOA2 date. I'm still not sure on if the beneficiary needs one along with the petitioner, I've read both things here on VJ.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

SunDrop - Please put us down for Jan 7. I think it is the day for Texas. :)

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

Timeline

My interview is at 9am on Jan 7th (Texas Day), I wonder if I contact them will they be able to move me to another time more around 1030-11am. Meaning I can fly in from Belfast on the first flight in the morning and make it in time, rather than having to fly in day before and stay in a hotel. To re-schedule appointments do you have to phone or email the embassy? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Edited by laura00412

Good luck to the 2010 interviewees!

Having been there and done that 6 months ago and remembering how horribly stressful the K1 process is, how nerve wracking it was to leave England, and how paranoid one gets about subsequent dealings with USCIS (AOS etc)..... I just wanted to reassure one and all that once it is over......you do tend to forget how bad it was in the 1st place.

Best of luck to you all and wishing you a process as free of stress as possible.

E

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.