SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Great review Frosty! Absolutely wonderful to read. I have to say when I read 'welcome to the US' I felt a little choked up. :blush: I cant wait to hear those words.

It really is a great feeling!! :) I read on VJ that many interviewers finish an approved interview with "Welcome to the U.S." but I hadn't expected it to be true. He sounded sincere too, which made it seem all the more meaningful.

Reading your reviews though, I am getting a little concerned about the financials... Russ' 2008 tax return shows earning of about $5,000 but since 2008, hes secured a job and earns well above the poverty line. I have an employers letter and all of his payslips. Do you think it will be ok? He cant file for 2009 yet! :wacko:

All I can say from my own experiences, is that they'll explain if they have a concern about your application and they do give you chance to explain/provide any additional evidence you may have. I think you just need to be prepared for them to ask, and know what you're going to say to them when they do. My situation was resolved quite simply with the provision of co sponsorship forms, but I'm sure the embassy would have accepted other evidence instead of a co sponsor if we had that. We had assets as a backup plan, but we weren't sure how favorably they would be received. I offered the co sponsorship forms as it seemed simplest in our case.

Edited by FrostyMist

Rachel, I've read a lot of archives on this forum and I can tell you that I'm in a similar situation financially, but I'm not worried about it...

I made something like $25k in 2008 because I had graduated from college and only started work in August that year and in 2009 my income obviously went dramatically u from that since I was working full-time. My work hasn't given me my w-2 forms yet and so I'm probably just going to use my latest pay slips to show that I made x-amount of money in the year 2009 and my tax transcripts from 2008.

I think with your employer letter (I'm not even bothering with that), you should be golden. Remember, the UK is a low-fraud country and it's not very hard to get through it at all...

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Well... NotworkSte has now been reunited with his family!

Port of entry was Philadelphia. Nice easy airport to come through, by and large. But some points (which I will also add into poe review).

Getting off the plane, there was a lady directing people to immigration desks. I don't need an i-94 right? Got an immigrant visa. Says right there on the white form, first pararaph. Well, not for her it doesn't! She made me come out of line and fill one out! I was about 4th off the plane and went from a no wait to a 15 minute wait at this point. Ah well, no biggie - I had nearly 5 hours to connect.

First inspection took 2 mins, guy opened corner of my mbe, finger printed me just both index fingers and took pic and told me to take a right and walk down to secondary.

At secondary - no wait. 4 people behind desks and one other person waiting. Lady took my stuff, but after couple of mins asked me if I had any more photos as they were missing one. Oh dear, not a problem I hoped! Luckily, her colleague saw LND and says "uh, check the backs of all the forms, look in the oddest of places because them guys over there have a habit of hiding them" and they both laughed. And then she did find the photo, stapled to the back of some random form.

HINT - if this happens, ask them to check the backs of all the pages ;-)

Next had to sign and finger print a form - not allowed to see where on the form my finger print was placed. Passport stamped and lady says "Good luck"

It's done! I am now a permanent resident! I didn't think it was appropriate to hug the first person I saw though!

Funny thing going through customs after. Fellow looks at my customs forms, sees my 3 big bags and asks if I am studying. I says no, I'm emigrating here today and he laughs and changes my country of residence from UK to USA and smile and says "Well boy, you live here now, welcome home"

USCIS & NVC

05-04-09 - Married

09-05-09 - I130 Approved (CSC)

12-09-09 - Case Completed (NVC)

01-08-10 - Approved (LND)

01-20-10 - PoE PHL

I-751

01-10-12 - Filed I-751, VT Service Center

01-17-12 - NOA1

02-08-12 - Biometrics at Alexandria, Va

10-04-12 - RFE

11-16-12 - Sent additional evidence (5.5lbs of evidence!)

12-04-12 - Approved

12-10-12 - Card arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Well... NotworkSte has now been reunited with his family!

It's done! I am now a permanent resident! I didn't think it was appropriate to hug the first person I saw though!

Funny thing going through customs after. Fellow looks at my customs forms, sees my 3 big bags and asks if I am studying. I says no, I'm emigrating here today and he laughs and changes my country of residence from UK to USA and smile and says "Well boy, you live here now, welcome home"

Aww! Im so happy for you!!!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

At secondary - no wait. 4 people behind desks and one other person waiting. Lady took my stuff, but after couple of mins asked me if I had any more photos as they were missing one. Oh dear, not a problem I hoped! Luckily, her colleague saw LND and says "uh, check the backs of all the forms, look in the oddest of places because them guys over there have a habit of hiding them" and they both laughed. And then she did find the photo, stapled to the back of some random form.

HINT - if this happens, ask them to check the backs of all the pages ;-)

Thanks for the tip! Glad everything went well :) Welcome home!

Check our Timeline

That's so cute! Welcome home, indeed :star:

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Welcome home...it does feel good doesn't it! I've been home 6 weeks now and it's just beginning to sink in that I don't need to leave him ever again and that is the best feeling ever.

Enjoy your time together

Amanda :)

K1
12.1.09 interview - APPROVED!!!
12.21.09 wedding

AOS
12.22.09 Application sent overnight
6.22.10 Green Card approved

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.02.13 Application received

04.20.13 Biometrics

Not usually a pathetic softy and I doubt I'll cry if I get welcomed to America by the CO, but I just choked up at the 'welcome home' by the customs official. I honestly think I'd have burst into tears at that! lol...

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Not usually a pathetic softy and I doubt I'll cry if I get welcomed to America by the CO, but I just choked up at the 'welcome home' by the customs official. I honestly think I'd have burst into tears at that! lol...

I told Dave that if he didn't meet me in the 'car park' that I would probably end up making a huge emotional scene. God I hope his POE isn't my city. I will be standing there harassing the first customs official or TSA agent I come into contact with.... 'Yeah, so he's tall.. dark hair, dark eyes... can you just check for me again?'

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Welcome home...it does feel good doesn't it! I've been home 6 weeks now and it's just beginning to sink in that I don't need to leave him ever again and that is the best feeling ever.

Enjoy your time together

Amanda :)

I keep catching myself realising I am a resident now, almost like I keep forgetting then realising again. And then right after that is the remembering I don't have to leave C again exactly as you describe!

USCIS & NVC

05-04-09 - Married

01-20-10 - PoE PHL

I-751

01-17-12 - NOA1

10-04-12 - RFE

12-04-12 - Approved

12-10-12 - Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Next had to sign and finger print a form - not allowed to see where on the form my finger print was placed. Passport stamped and lady says "Good luck"

It is so great to hear this part of it. I hope we hear from more people as they cross over. :dance::dance::dance:

Also, good luck to the remaining January interviewees. Looks like UK Visa Journey is on a roll and will not be stopped. :)

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

You know, something keeps striking me as well. The surreality of it all, I remember when I first created my account here, C and I were desparately seeking advice and how to go about the whole process. Then when we saw the time frames and finally submitted the i-130 the whole process seemed to stretch on forever. Hard to believe it is all done now and we did get through it!

At times this forum has kept me sane! And as pdcvcm says, good luck to the rest of you January inerviewees and everyone else going through the process, your time will come! :)

USCIS & NVC

05-04-09 - Married

01-20-10 - PoE PHL

I-751

01-17-12 - NOA1

10-04-12 - RFE

12-04-12 - Approved

12-10-12 - Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
You know, something keeps striking me as well. The surreality of it all, I remember when I first created my account here, C and I were desparately seeking advice and how to go about the whole process. Then when we saw the time frames and finally submitted the i-130 the whole process seemed to stretch on forever. Hard to believe it is all done now and we did get through it!

At times this forum has kept me sane! And as pdcvcm says, good luck to the rest of you January inerviewees and everyone else going through the process, your time will come! :)

Hi NotworkSte- sorry for butting in - just read your embassy review and then looked at your profile..and saw the L&BP mention - G Division - could not believe I was reading that sentence on this site, talk about surreal! I am ex-L&BP - E Division, so just wanted to say congratulations and good luck! Welcome to America indeed and a big cheerio to Livi (where I have never been able to venture without getting lost!) x

Hey Doghandler - I didn't think I'd come across someone else from L&B, I threw that into my profile just in case though! Did you do Dogs in E? We used to get them from time to time for turning over cars and the like, if I had of gone full time (believe me they tried) I would have wanted to do dogs.

I have Navy recruiter yesterday try to talk me into Navy Reserve cop. Took the asvab and aced it too. We'll see though ;-) They couldn't believe we do it without weapons!

USCIS & NVC

05-04-09 - Married

01-20-10 - PoE PHL

I-751

01-17-12 - NOA1

10-04-12 - RFE

12-04-12 - Approved

12-10-12 - Card arrived

It is so great to hear this part of it. I hope we hear from more people as they cross over. :dance::dance::dance:

Also, good luck to the remaining January interviewees. Looks like UK Visa Journey is on a roll and will not be stopped. :)

Thanks guys!!! Off to London tomorrow afternoon! Yaaaaaaaay! Can't wait!!! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.