beccaogingi

What is needed for packet 3 vs interview???

11 posts in this topic

I just got the letter from NVC saying the packet 3 would be mailed in less than a week, and it was dated Monday. So I'm assuming it's on its way to him.

I was going to visit in 2 weeks so originally I was just going to bring all the documents when I went, but if he gets the packet before I come we'd like to just get it sent off. I tried looking at the government sites, and looking through the board, but it was unclear what he needed from me for packet 3 vs what goes with him to the interview. I can global express mail the whole pile of paperwork, but it's just annoying when I will be there anyway.

So....

I think he needs my I-134 and supporting documentation for that.

What else will he need to send back his paperwork?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline
I just got the letter from NVC saying the packet 3 would be mailed in less than a week, and it was dated Monday. So I'm assuming it's on its way to him.

have you tried calling NVC? I received a letter from them on the 20th, dated the 17th saying they'll send it out in a week so i called to see if they sent it out already and to my surprise they had mailed it on the 14th!

May 2nd - Sent I-129F to Vermont

May 13th - NOA1

June 23rd - recieved RFE (IMBRA)

June 24th - Sent back RFE

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 10th - NOA2 notice via email

July 14th - NOA2 via snail mail

July 14th - petition mailed thru DHL to Asuncion, PY

Week of July 17th - Embassy received my petition

July 24th - beneficiary receives packet 3

July 27th - medical exam

Aug 7th - interview - approved :)

Aug 11th - picked up his visa

Aug 21st - purchased plane ticket!

Aug 30th - reunion day :)

Try looking up the web site for the Embassy that he will be going to.... they usually have a list of documents posted. I know what's needed for Franfurt, but not sure if the same applies to you.

Jen

Edited by JenT

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

No, I didn't call the NVC, I'm more concerned with knowing when it gets to him rather than the exact day it was mailed. ;) I'm happy enough to know it was most likely mailed this past week and he could maybe even get it tomorrow if we are really lucky.

Re: the embassy, there isn't a whole heck of a lot on their site. I tried that a while back. Can people say what typical packet 3 reqs are (in terms of USC documentation)?

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I was going to visit in 2 weeks so originally I was just going to bring all the documents when I went, but if he gets the packet before I come we'd like to just get it sent off. I tried looking at the government sites, and looking through the board, but it was unclear what he needed from me for packet 3 vs what goes with him to the interview. I can global express mail the whole pile of paperwork, but it's just annoying when I will be there anyway.

So....

I think he needs my I-134 and supporting documentation for that.

What else will he need to send back his paperwork?

The NVC does not send out packet 3. They only forward the approved petition to the proper Consulate that processes visas. The Consulate will send out the packet 3. Included will be visa application forms, forms for medical, copy of a I134 along with instructions on how to apply for the visa. These forms are for the beneficiary to fill out with the exception of the I--134 which is the USCs responsibility.

Also included will be a checklist. The checklist outline all the required documents that the applicant will require...police checks, etc.. When the applicant has accumulated all the the required documents, he returns the checklist to the Consolute which basically is saying that Im ready.

Based upon receiving the checklist, the Consulate will schedule an interview and arrange a medical.

Slight variations may apply to different Consulates.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

You might be able to use this as a guideline....

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...p;cty=Frankfurt

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You need to start perpare evdiences for interview which listed in Package 3 since you recieve your package 3.

Steve (WA,US) & Anne (SH,CN)

P1..............2004/10/04

P2..............2005/01/10

P3..............2005/04/07

P4..............2005/08/02

Interview.....2005/09/19

Married.......2005/10/29

Filed I-485...2005/12/17

RFE submit...2006/02/27

Interview......2006/08/31

Fingerprint....2006/09/07

wel letter......2006/09/19

I-551...........2006/10/02

Share my experiences with you, China-->U.S.

Check out my website : Click here

I am not an attorny, but someone did what you are doing or going to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here's what I got in my packet 3 (please note I got it in Brazil):

- info regarding pictures;

- info regarding police records I have to get;

- DS230 (part I) and DS2001 (to be filled out by me);

- I134 and poverty guidelines;

- info about military, marriage certificate, death certificate or divorce decree, if applicable.

Copy of my passport and birth certificate, and one passport picture were to

be sent with the DS forms.

Hope it helps. I guess the best way to go is call the embassy and ask them what would be needed.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline

I just recieved my package for the DS230. It contains two parts. The first one must be signed by my husband abroad...do I mail this out to him? It also states that certian documents must be mailed out like...police records, military and so on. He is planning on sending me certified copies of these so that I can just mail it out together with the Affidavit of support. Is that ok?

There is also a sheet I recieved with a bar code. It says for the affidavit of support and PART 1 of the DS230 to be mailed out. what about the second part?????

If anyone has really good experience with this, you can email me at hmm084@yahoo.com...

Or reply here...thanks a bunch..I really appreciate this!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

For Guyana - I e-mailed the embassy ahead while waiting for my NOA2 and they e-mailed me back with the OF-167, visa instruction (a check list) and said that the petioner needed to fill out a DS-230 Part 1 Biographic Form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I just recieved my package for the DS230. It contains two parts. The first one must be signed by my husband abroad...do I mail this out to him? It also states that certian documents must be mailed out like...police records, military and so on. He is planning on sending me certified copies of these so that I can just mail it out together with the Affidavit of support. Is that ok?

There is also a sheet I recieved with a bar code. It says for the affidavit of support and PART 1 of the DS230 to be mailed out. what about the second part?????

If anyone has really good experience with this, you can email me at hmm084@yahoo.com...

Or reply here...thanks a bunch..I really appreciate this!

Different consulates work differently. In Brazil, we only have to send out DS2001 and DS230 part I, with a copy of birth certificate, passport and a passport picture. After doing so, they send us packet 4, with instructions for the medical and a bunch of other forms to be filled out. Exception made for the DS forms, all the other documents required are to be gathered and shown to the CO at the interview.

I guess you should call your consulate and ask.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.