Antje/Terry

Really 4 copies? For which package?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

In the guidelines on this page for i-130 it tells you to send make 4 copies (each) of the form GA-325 and to send it with the package. Which package is meant by that? THe first one? So I have 8 pages just for the GA-325? Or is that for a package later on? I am confused. Other than that we should be about to be ready to send out the application (just have to get married 12/31 ;-) )

08/2006 met in GA, U.S.

05/2007 Antje had to go back to Germany

10/2009 got engaged in TN

12/31/2009 got married

1/7/2010 I-130 sent

1/9/2010 I-130 delivered

1/13/2010 check cashed

1/15/2010 NOA 1

3/18/2010 NOA 2

jA5hp1.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You send four copies of the G-325A for the petitioner. You also send four copies of the same form for the beneficiary.

It is for the I130 package.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Thanks a lot! I was wondering if they really needed 4 copies but then I will do so!

08/2006 met in GA, U.S.

12/31/2009 got married

1/7/2010 I-130 sent

1/9/2010 I-130 delivered

1/13/2010 check cashed

1/15/2010 NOA 1

3/18/2010 NOA 2

jA5hp1.png

Timeline

Thank you for the help! I will make sure we will sign each page,

08/2006 met in GA, U.S.

12/31/2009 got married

1/7/2010 I-130 sent

1/9/2010 I-130 delivered

1/13/2010 check cashed

1/15/2010 NOA 1

3/18/2010 NOA 2

jA5hp1.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thank you for the help! I will make sure we will sign each page,

The new G325a just has one page to print and sign. No need for four.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

You only need to send in one now!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You only need to send in one now!

I'm glad this question was asked, because I feared that it would be cause for RFE.

When filling out our I-129F package I used the checklist listed on here on Visa Journey. Steps 7 and 9 of that checklist state:

"G-325A (all four pages) filled out by.................... and dated (see example)."

The old G-325 was 4pages (2 sheets front and back). The new G-325A is only 2 pages (1 sheet front and back). If people are assuming that phrase means "copies" then we're surely generating more unnecessary paperwork than what needs to be submitted. It would probably cause less confusion if the phrase "all four pages" was removed from this checklist and every other checklist for any of the other types of visa on.

Does anyone know whom to contact here at VJ to make those sort of corrections if they are valid?

Timeline

Okay, exactly that was my confussion about. So do I need four or 1? I understand it used to be four pages before and now it is only one page. But it says copies. That's why I dont understand what they want me to do. Four copies of one page or just that one page?

08/2006 met in GA, U.S.

12/31/2009 got married

1/7/2010 I-130 sent

1/9/2010 I-130 delivered

1/13/2010 check cashed

1/15/2010 NOA 1

3/18/2010 NOA 2

jA5hp1.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Okay, exactly that was my confussion about. So do I need four or 1? I understand it used to be four pages before and now it is only one page. But it says copies. That's why I dont understand what they want me to do. Four copies of one page or just that one page?

They will accept the one page. Any instructions that mention more copies of the G325a are out of date.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Okay. I thought it was weird anyway. Thank you!

08/2006 met in GA, U.S.

12/31/2009 got married

1/7/2010 I-130 sent

1/9/2010 I-130 delivered

1/13/2010 check cashed

1/15/2010 NOA 1

3/18/2010 NOA 2

jA5hp1.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I was approved with the new version-only one form. For some reason that hasn't been updated on the VJ instructions. Don't worry though! I think I was the guinea pig actually.

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline

Awesome, thank you for your post.That way I can be sure to just send it once a person.

08/2006 met in GA, U.S.

12/31/2009 got married

1/7/2010 I-130 sent

1/9/2010 I-130 delivered

1/13/2010 check cashed

1/15/2010 NOA 1

3/18/2010 NOA 2

jA5hp1.png

Timeline

I went to the Embassy in Frankfurt in October 09 to file the petition..and had 4 copies each for the G-325 with me..

they only wanted one per G-325 !

Hope this helps

Applied for K1 in 2005 - Oktober NOA2 got approved.

Cancelled it cause my fiance came to Germany and we got married in Germany. Didn t need the K1 Visum anymore.

IR-1 Visa applied !

05. October 2009 Applied through Frankfurt Conulate in Person I-130 Petition payed $ 355,-

Filled out DS-230 Form while in Frankfurt handed it in and got a checklist of paperwork I have to Collect...

12. November 2009 Medical Done in Munich (super easy)

01. December 2009 Interview Date in Frankfurt (that was only a small talk)

04. December 2009 Visa (sealed Envelope) in the Mail...Wow that was fast...

15. March 2010 POE Detroit Visa activated (that was easy.. only took 1 hour)

07. April 2010 Green Card received... that was super fast...

still waiting for the Social Security NR.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.