rochel

Information for K1 and K2 visa

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Hello everybody !

I just discovered this website, after many many many researches on internet about the fiancée visa.

Actually I'm wondering what's the fastest way to obtain a visa to join my fiancé in America : spouse visa or fiancé visa ?

When I say the fastest way, my plan is to move to America and get married next summer (my child is at school and I can't move until she finishes her year).

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the fiancé visa and how it works for my child ? Do I need a letter from her father that he's okay to let me apply for her visa and come to the United States of America with me permanently ?

I'd love to hear your experience, I'm from France, if any frenchie here ?

Thanks for your help

Rochel

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello everybody !

I just discovered this website, after many many many researches on internet about the fiancée visa.

Actually I'm wondering what's the fastest way to obtain a visa to join my fiancé in America : spouse visa or fiancé visa ?

When I say the fastest way, my plan is to move to America and get married next summer (my child is at school and I can't move until she finishes her year).

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the fiancé visa and how it works for my child ? Do I need a letter from her father that he's okay to let me apply for her visa and come to the United States of America with me permanently ?

Thanks for your help

Rochel

You AND the US Citizen need to start by clicking on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You will need a letter from your childs Father yep.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=compare

K1 or CR-1, these are your two options.

You have some reading to do...

If you want to be able to move during this next summer, you've got to start the process NOW.

Average delay for K1 is about 6-8 months. It can be shorter, it can be longer.

I am one of the poor lonely french soul hanging in here.

There's also a French/American thread in the Regional Discussion area (Europe & Eurasia) but it's a very active section...

Bon courage. :P

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

Timeline

thanks for your answers !!

I've got some reading yes, it sounds complicated with all the documents and paperwork to do. From what I read my fiancé will have to do almost everything to sponsor me ?

Inky : do you know if there is a specific way to write the letter and if it has to be official like it has to be done with an attorney or just a simple letter from her father would be enough ?

EasthernDE : tu n'es plus tout seul !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello everybody !

Thanks for your help

Rochel

Read the guides. Yes you will need a letter from the father stating the child can move to the US permanently. You will also need to get it notarized and attach copies of his passport signature and photo page.

Have the letter made up so it covers the childs reloaction to the USA opermanently and allows you permission to travel in the future. DO NOT put any effective dates or "windows" of travel.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Read the guides. Yes you will need a letter from the father stating the child can move to the US permanently. You will also need to get it notarized and attach copies of his passport signature and photo page.

Have the letter made up so it covers the childs reloaction to the USA opermanently and allows you permission to travel in the future. DO NOT put any effective dates or "windows" of travel.

what does the embassy really ask about the letter ? and when do i have to ask her father's to write it ? and what if he refuses ?

why do you mean by "do not put any effective dates or windows of travel" ?

what does the embassy really ask about the letter ? and when do i have to ask her father's to write it ? and what if he refuses ?

We are submitting our K1 next week & I have already asked for & received the letter from my children's father giving his consent for them to travel & relocate to the USA with me. It must be submitted with all YOUR paperwork at the Consulate.

Also I had to get him to sign the passport applications to allow me to get their passports, but the law may be different there.

If he refuses to sign a letter you may need to seek legal advice as to what your next step would be.

Best of luck to you.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Tezzaa :

My daughter already has her own passport because we travelled to Miami this year, so the attorney said it's a good thing she already has her passport because he can't block her from travelling.

As for the paperworks, I'm not sure how it's going to happen, he already wrote me a letter a few years ago when I travelled to Israel with my child, and I still have this letter, but I doubt I can re-use it for this case ? On this letter he wrote that I could bring my child abroad and didn't write any country, any dates...

May I ask you about the content of the letter ? like what your ex husband had to write exactly ? so I can already think about asking her father about this letter ? When is the best time for him to write the letter ? now that my fiancé and I haven't done anything yet about the visa application ? or just before my interview at the Embassy ?

Tezzaa :

My daughter already has her own passport because we travelled to Miami this year, so the attorney said it's a good thing she already has her passport because he can't block her from travelling.

As for the paperworks, I'm not sure how it's going to happen, he already wrote me a letter a few years ago when I travelled to Israel with my child, and I still have this letter, but I doubt I can re-use it for this case ? On this letter he wrote that I could bring my child abroad and didn't write any country, any dates...

May I ask you about the content of the letter ? like what your ex husband had to write exactly ? so I can already think about asking her father about this letter ? When is the best time for him to write the letter ? now that my fiancé and I haven't done anything yet about the visa application ? or just before my interview at the Embassy ?

He would need to write in the letter that he gives you (full name) permission to take his daughter (full name) to live permanently in the USA. It must be signed & notarized...along with a copy of his photo ID attached.

Like I said I have mine already as I knew my ex husband would be difficult in regards to getting it to me in a timely fashion...so I was prepared long BEFORE we filed....but your ex husband may be different & do it quickly :)

Hope this helps.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

You will present the letter at the interview. If you do not it have a K2 visa will not be issued to your child. They need to keep a copy of the letter with the child's visa file. Your options are a court order of sole custody and transport privilege or a death certificate of the father

what I mean is do not limit the "permission" to a specific time. You will need this letter for the interview and anytime you return to visit until the child is "of age" which is age 16 in most countries by international agreement.

So you want it to say that you can leave the country, permanently, for the United States and that you can travel with the child in the future for visits. Leave it very open ended as to time of validity, but very specific that it is PERMANENT permission and it is to relocate to the UNITED STATES.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Tezzaa :

I have a sample of the letter we used, with the persoanl information removed, email me if you want a copy. My email is at my profile page.

We got the letter before we filed the petition, we checked everything all the way through the process and got all needed documents...petition to AOS, in hand before filing the petition. If the letter is worded correctly, it does not matter how long in advance it was done. In our case it was done about 8 months before the interview where we presented it. We use the same letter now when we travel for visits.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Tezzaa :

having her own passport will not matter, even if she has a green card, it will not matter. Our son has his own passport AND a US gren card and we still need the letter to travel. We cannot leave Ukraine from a visit without it. The letter MUST state it is for permanent relocation to the UNITED STATES, a letter for Isreal will not matter.

Incidentally we go to Canada often with our son and never get asked for it going back and forth to Canada.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If the letter is properly done, there's no reason to ask about it. They'll ask "for" it. However, you must understand the child is not coming to the USA on a K2 visa without this letter, so there's really no point in starting the process without knowing whether the letter can be obtained.

There are no dates of travel or effective dates other than the signature dates. It's permission to move to the USA permanently, period, without any conditions. Without it, no dice. Your child has two parents.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.