kylejb

The Interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My Tonya and I were approved today!!!!! :thumbs: (I know that God has shined a light on us and did this for us. I am really beside myself and speechless. I know that he was/is involved in this whole process. I thank him. ) Tonya did have a "lady" and said she was very pleasant. Some of the questions that were asked were:

1) Did she know I was married before?

2) Did I give her a ring (yes, and she showed the ring)

3) What did I do for a living?

4) How many times have I been there? (Answer was 4)

5) How did we communicate? (showed all the phone records, SKYPE calls. One thing that I did was purchase a re-fillable phone card that has the ability to print out the detailed records. So this showed that I call her about 4-5 times a day, everyday. I sent her the records for 8 months. It was about 50-60 pages, but worth it I think)

6) How many times have we met (yes, this was asked 2 times, then Tonya showed the 30 pictures I sent to her, and again responded with 4)

7) Why did she want to marry me?

8) Where/How did we meet? - Online at Elana's

9) Did she meet other men there?

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES!!

On piece of insight I can say is that I know this might be hard for others, but tell your SO to try and be as calm as possible. I know it is hard because I know how hyper I am. Body Language says alot. I think they know you will be nervous, but being nervous and sure of your answers are different. I think that the people are trained to look for the difference. I don't feel the are out to get anyone.

Also, do NOT go light on the evidence. I think this is very important. If you were only able to be with your SO 1 time, then make sure you can show that you are talking everyday, emailing, SKYPING, whatever. Have a phone card that allows you to print out the CALL HISTORY. Something that is detailed that shows what number you dial and the times.

Be ready for the "PERSONAL" questions. Like, the one about why she wants to marry me...again, it is not so much what the answer is, but how the person reacts.

Well, everyone keep praying becasue we ACTUALLY don't have it in our hands yet (the visas) so you know how it could pop up and they want to review something.

Thanks to everyone that has helped us so far, and I hope this insight helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:thumbs: Excellent news, congratulations!

Thank you kindly for the extra information as well! :)

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline

Yes, you are absolutely right. Its exactly what we talked about this evening after she's had time to reflect on yesterday's interview. She said she went 8th and of the previous 7 only 3 got a visa. She said she watched the interviews and could see how the American woman looked at the people being interviewed, how she watched very closely as the answers were being given. Its what I was saying in another thread, they can see and feel when there is a sincere relationship and its not always the answer that is important but how you answer the question... the emotion.

She also noted that some woman came there full of makeup and dressed like they were headed to a disco, something she said would make her think immediately "visa hunter". Not appropriate for this situation.

In any case its finally done and next weekend she'll be here! :) Now our next big source of stress is going to be trying to get her a driver's license! Look out sidewalks, here she comes! :)

Edited by LoveWaits

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-02

Pkg Rec. By NVC : 2009-10-07

Pkg Left NVC : 2009-10-09

Rec by Moscow : 2009-10-13

Packet 3 Sent : Never Received

Interview Date : 2009-11-20 PASS!

POE : 2009-11-29

WEDDING : 2009-12-26!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Congrats to all three of you.

I can only pray that we can join you, as you know.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Nice to see some good news sprinkled in with some of the not so good news this week.

Congrats! :dance:

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

Congratulations. Looks like one more American guy is going to be very happy this holiday season. One word of advice, get a very fresh Christmas tree because you will need it to last until January 7th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.