jessamoi

confuse marine fiance

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

moving from site discussion to K1 Process & Procedures

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
good day to all! im a newbie to this site. so yeah, my fiance is a US MARINE he's been serving the corps for less than 1 year. so in this case he did not receive a W2 nor 1040 form yet.. what should i do? ill be having my interview in 2 weeks from now.:(

so you are saying he has never filed taxes? he has no 2008 taxes /w2 to give you at all?

get a letter from his superior officer, make sure it states his rank, job, pay grade, squadren base etc. Make sure it is on letter head paper from the base with the seal and everything. have it signed by the superior.

if he cant get his 2008 tax returns and w2s or has none, I dont think the letter will be enough but you can try. Get a co-sponcer as well.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline
good day to all! im a newbie to this site. so yeah, my fiance is a US MARINE he's been serving the corps for less than 1 year. so in this case he did not receive a W2 nor 1040 form yet.. what should i do? ill be having my interview in 2 weeks from now.:(

so you are saying he has never filed taxes? he has no 2008 taxes /w2 to give you at all?

get a letter from his superior officer, make sure it states his rank, job, pay grade, squadren base etc. Make sure it is on letter head paper from the base with the seal and everything. have it signed by the superior.

if he cant get his 2008 tax returns and w2s or has none, I dont think the letter will be enough but you can try. Get a co-sponcer as well.

yes i have everything a letter from his superior and etc. my fiance had called the embassy in manila and told the lady about this and the lady told him to make a letter that states about why doesn't have a W2 nor 1040 form yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yes i have everything a letter from his superior and etc. my fiance had called the embassy in manila and told the lady about this and the lady told him to make a letter that states about why doesn't have a W2 nor 1040 form yet.

If you have all that then hopefully they accept it, if they don't you may have to get a co-sponcer. Good luck at your interview !

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

What about pay slips and bank statements? I realise that each consulate is different when it comes to requirements, but the fact that he didn't earn enough last year to file taxes isn't a statement that he isn't now earning enough to support you.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

What about pay slips and bank statements? I realise that each consulate is different when it comes to requirements, but the fact that he didn't earn enough last year to file taxes isn't a statement that he isn't now earning enough to support you.

idk if he can still provide me with those slips because he's on training right now and he will be back home on december 15 and that is after my interview.. :( but i hope that the consulate will excuse me on bringing that papers anyway my fiance is in the military.

Has he not sent you ANY financial documents? It's too early to file his 2009 taxes - so if you're waiting for a W2 to cover 2009,you won't get it before your interview. Employers are not required to generate them until the end of January (I believe).

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

idk if he can still provide me with those slips because he's on training right now and he will be back home on december 15 and that is after my interview.. :( but i hope that the consulate will excuse me on bringing that papers anyway my fiance is in the military.

If he has internet access, ask him to login to myPay and get a copy of his Leave and Earnings statment and fax it to you.

https://mypay.dfas.mil/mypay.aspx

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

or he can email (save) it and you can print it out. I just did this for my wife because i was explaining some pay and benefits that the military gets. We hadnt talked about it much..she knew how much i got paid, but not why. She had questions after reading about a couple having problems on here.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Well I was active Duty in US Army 82nd airborne division. We all receive W2's (every 2 weeks). JUST FYI. He can obtain pretty easy. He should ask for it.

He can show copy of his check, they deposit the actual amount to his bank account via direct deposit, and send him a statement every 2 weeks. Tell him that it is sufficient.

:time: :time: :time: :time: :time:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well I was active Duty in US Army 82nd airborne division. We all receive W2's (every 2 weeks). JUST FYI. He can obtain pretty easy. He should ask for it.

You received an LES (Leave & Earning Statement) twice a month... not a W2. However like others have stated a few LES's & a letter from his commander should serve as proof of employment. Also a military service member's salary is public knowledge & easy to get (based on rank & years of service).

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

He gets a "leave and earnings statement" (LES) every month. That can verify his pay. He will also be getting his W- 2 in January.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.