lrr1998

passed interview (I think)

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello

My husband had his interview this morning. It lasted a few minutes and there woman told him I believe you and said you visa has been approved. She told him to come back on Friday and pick up the visa. Well later on today after he got home the embassy called him back saying the interviewer needs him to come back on Monday at 1pm and would not provide a reason. Anyone had anything like this happen. Was just trying to figure out what the Monday thing could be about ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hmmm, that is very interesting. i am sorry you have to go through the suspense of the weekend. i pray it is good news.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline
hmmm, that is very interesting. i am sorry you have to go through the suspense of the weekend. i pray it is good news.

Thanks , I just hate waiting that long and not knowing what to expect. Above all things I just wish they would of just gave a reason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello

My husband had his interview this morning. It lasted a few minutes and there woman told him I believe you and said you visa has been approved. She told him to come back on Friday and pick up the visa. Well later on today after he got home the embassy called him back saying the interviewer needs him to come back on Monday at 1pm and would not provide a reason. Anyone had anything like this happen. Was just trying to figure out what the Monday thing could be about ?

Do they have his passport? If they have it, then the news might be a good one

JNR

Timeline

Yes they have his passport and they gave him an orange slip (i think that is the color) but anyways it said he was approvedand it had the information on it telling him where to pick up his visa at. This is lagos embassy so I have to ask this question . Do you think they could change the approval and throw him into admin review or denial or anything crazy like that ?

Since you have an approval letter KEEP IT and definitely use it to say "I have been approved, please give me my visa and I'll be on my way!!!!" Senegal embassy kept telling me I had to come back, that our visa wasn't ready, that the woman who puts the packages together wasn't in, that I didn't have an appointment, that they don't give out visas on that day, etc etc etc. I just kept showing the woman the piece of paper with the time we were to return and kept insisting we weren't leaving without the the visa, that I didn't care if the woman wasn't there they had other employees who could get it together, etc. She finally got tired of dealing with me and allowed me into the embassy, we were there less than 2 minutes and we had the visa packet in hand. It was just all BS, not sure why they were giving me hassles, the packet had been ready for 3 and 1/2 days (they date & time stamp it). Just tell hubby to be firm (not disrespectful) and refuse to leave without the visa since you have been approved and have a prescribed time to pick it up

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The problem is Lagos sends you to another place to pick up your visa. You can't make a scene at the consulate because your passport and visa won't be there.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

What the heck do you have to pay for??? Since you're getting the IR1/CR1 there shouldn't be anything left to pay!!

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Timeline

we didnt do that one . we ended up doing the k-3 . but even we that one I thought everything was already paid for when he went to the embassy. but he is saying he has to pay that other fee when he goes to pick up his visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.