geophil

Delayed Biometric appointment (6 months after I-751 to remove condition)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I sent the I-751 package to remove condition and got the receipt notice of I-751 about 6 months ago, and didnt get the biometric appointment yet.

I used the receipt number to get the status, and the automated telephone system couldnt pull up the information with that reciept number.

I called the USCIS today and filed a case, and the person said it might happen time to time, and said based on this case they should send the schedule/appointment in the next 30 days or so.

I was under the impression that it might be a long process, but looking at the timelines of fellow VJ'ers it appears that it usually takes only a month or two. I should've checked the timelines earlier.

Now I am worried if this is going to be a painful process to followup.

Anybody experienced similar unusually long delays for the Biometric appointment?

Thanks in advance for any helpful information

Usually, interviews are scheduled AFTER biometrics. Biometrics happens relatively fast. I would call again. You are outside of the processing time and the answer you were given sounds 'iffy' at best.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline

Thanks for the response

It is in California service center. Is it a good idea to call them again, or would it make a difference? Or should I followup using a letter? Since they asked me to wait for another 30 days?

I sent the I-751 package to remove condition and got the receipt notice of I-751 about 6 months ago, and didnt get the biometric appointment yet.

I used the receipt number to get the status, and the automated telephone system couldnt pull up the information with that reciept number.

This is true - the receipt number on the NOA1 is not the receipt number you'd use to track your case online; the correct one would be on the biometrics notice (which you don't have).

I called the USCIS today and filed a case, and the person said it might happen time to time, and said based on this case they should send the schedule/appointment in the next 30 days or so.

I was under the impression that it might be a long process, but looking at the timelines of fellow VJ'ers it appears that it usually takes only a month or two. I should've checked the timelines earlier.

The biometrics is usually schedule/done within a month or two - not necessarily the lifting of conditions (that could be anywhere from 90 to many many more days - depending on service center usually).

6 months is a pretty long time to not have heard anything - especially not having taken biometrics - have you moved in this time? Did USCIS say they tried to schedule the biometrics? Or did they just say they have your case and please call back?

:time:

Timeline

Well, I've been in the same place same address, never got a response from them. And the person assisted me couldnt pull up my information based on the reciept number of the NOA. So they couldnt find out if there was a schedule made already or not. But I assume they never did, because I never got any appointment for biometrics. So they said they have the case and call back if I dont get an appointment for biometrics in the next 30 days or so

Well, I've been in the same place same address, never got a response from them. And the person assisted me couldnt pull up my information based on the reciept number of the NOA. So they couldnt find out if there was a schedule made already or not. But I assume they never did, because I never got any appointment for biometrics. So they said they have the case and call back if I dont get an appointment for biometrics in the next 30 days or so

In that case - if it were me, I'd make an infopass appointment to get to the bottom of things. It is a little troublesome that it has been this long.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the support. Few days ago I got the biometric appointment. It is scheduled for Dec 2.

It took only about 2 weeks since I logged the case. So that was a quick turn around.

Hopefully everything will go fine. Will update more as soon as the appointment is done.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Timeline

Okay, my fingerprint appointment was today. It was interesting. They took the image of all the fingers twice.

Anyway, what I wanted to mention is, I got another letter yesterday in response to the call I made a few weeks ago.

The letter mentioned that an appointment has been sent already and the process is on hold till the biometrics are taken. And a copy of the appointment for today was enclosed in it.

That implies that the appointment I got earlier was part of the normal process. I was under the impression that I got a really quick response for the appointment because of my call.

But the fact, I assume, was that it took a really long time for them to send the appointment. Yes it took over 6 months.

And apparently my call was processed right after they sent the appointment.

This should be useful information to those who are waiting for the biometric appointment. It may not be totally unusual to wait a few months to get the appointment.

But always to be on the safer side, it is better to give them a call if a few months are passed without the appointment.

Hopefully the rest of the process would go smooth.

Thanks again for the support of friends here.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

New Green Card arrived yesterday!!! :dance:

I got the status update alert from USCIS a week ago, and I was surprised to see it so quick after the finger print appointment.

So it took a total of 8 months for the whole condition lifting process. And out of it 6 months were waiting for the finger print appointment.

Everything seemed like normal. So dont be suprised if anyone experience an unusual delay in finger print appointment. Contact them, and as I gather from other experiences, it wouldnt take more than a couple of months to get the card once your finger prints are taken.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I-751 timeline

3/05/10 - mailed I-751 packet

3/12/10 - arrived at CSC

3/16/10 - online status, NOA mailed but no mail received

3/18/10 - Check cashed

4/15/10 - biometric appointment (notice recv'd in mail - 4/01/10)

4/16/10 - touched

4/18/10 - I-485 & EAD touched????

5/03/10 - Card production ordered

5/11/10 - letter of Approval received in the mail

5/26/10 - email received "letter of Approval" sent in the mail... not yet received till now 6/8/10

7/07/10 - called USCIS why green card has not received yet

7/09/10 - email from USCIS stating that they already sent the GC on May 25th and undeliverable,

adviced to apply for I-90 as it might have been lost in mail

7/25/10 - mailed application for I-90 (replacement of lost or stolen card)

9/16/10 - biometric appointment

9/20/10 - touched

9/21/10 - touched

ISAIAH 40:31

"but those who HOPE in the Lord will renew their strength,

they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint"

[/color]

try this link..

http://rinnahannah.multiply.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.