Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My mother passed away 7 years ago in June and the cemetery is over 1200 miles away so I will be wishing her a Happy Mother's Day via a star :star: My brother, who lives 2 hours from the cemetery, will go there though, and bring her a double double Tim Hortons. She always loved those so on every Mother's Day since, my brother takes her one and pours it over her grave. Interestingly enough, the year that he was born, he was born on Mother's Day. (I was born the day after Father's Day :) ).

Not really a vent . . . just a sadness because I miss Mom.

Kathryn - you have made me cry about 3 yrs in a row now. I'm so sorry your mum doesn;t get to enjoy her treat more.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think I ever read the original Winnie-the-Pooh... Fortunately, it's the free ebook that comes with the iBooks app on my iPad, so I have a copy to read sometime. :)

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Ugh, teenagers.

I think the next door neighbours were away yesterday so their kids had like 6-8 people over. They were really loud, swearing and talking about drugs n stuff till about 2:30am. If they were going to go till 3am I was going to call the police and file a disturbance claim.

No consideration.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

grr,:angry: so i just got a call from the hospital where I am having my surgery informing me that I need to pay my copay and the coinsurance when I go in for my surgery... total total would be around 675 bucks.. I told her there is no way I can pay that so I agreed to pay the 100 dollar copay and talk to a financial adviser to set up a payment plan for the rest...

ok here is my vent.. how on earth can they bill me for the surgery before they send the bill to the insurance company and before I even have my surgery? :blink: the copay I understand but not the rest.. I checked the Health insurance site and there is no claim yet for the surgery... I guess they figured out the total by taking 10% of the cost of the surgery but that isn't exactly how our insurance works.. there are usually network discounts taken off etc...

ugh, I don't want to be having to think about money right now.. I am just trying to not freak out about the actual surgery... :wacko:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Good luck with the surgery, Marilyn

I had the same thing with a biopsy I had done last year - they wanted the copay and the co-insurance up front. They told me they had called my insurance company and this was the amount that the insurance company said was my share. So I paid the amount - and then when I got the statement from the Insurance company it showed that the amount the clinic had charged me when they told me that it was 'my share' included the difference between what their contracted agreement was with my insurer and what they regularly charge! I have been fighting this whole last year trying to get them to reimburse the amount they overcharged me - without success. I've notified my insurance providers as well using their 'fraud' notice, but have heard nothing from them either - and am still out the money - which was several hundred dollars.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

sigh, insomnia. I don't know why, but for the last two nights, I have not been able to sleep. This morning, I woke up, and started getting ready to go to work, despite my exhaustion. I suddenly realized, "I can't drive a car in this condition". Had to burn a sick day. I'm like a zombie at this point.

Timeline

I really don't like one of the ladies that works in my doctor's office....last week I had some tests done including a renal US so I called the doctor's office today to see if the results came in and the lady went looking for them and came back saying they did come in but she had to print them off and show them to the doctor so I was like are you going to call me or seomthing and she hemmed and hawed and finally said. I'll call you... well I hope so or else how will I know the results :blink:...(I thought the last part ..lol)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so my cell phone broke. i just got it in march. it's a motorola, and the usb hookup on the side which is for pc connection, charger, and in car headset, came out when i pulled out the charger.

so i go in to tmobile and they say, did you buy our insurance..um no. the phone has a 12 months manufacturer warranty. oh sorry we can't do anything it will cost you 100$ to get a new phone. i'm like ...#######.

so i had to go to motorola directly today and file an rma and now will be without a phone for a couple of weeks. tmobile would not even give me a loaner..how nice..grrr.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am pretty bummed...

My MIL and BIL talked on Sunday about the situation (for those of you who have read my posts about the WIL before)... and I think the WIL has convinced my BIL that his brother (my husband) is weird, weak and abandoned him.

My BIL told my MIL that my husband did not want to go to bars and shoot pool with him last year (2009) and he felt really hurt of my husband's rejection/abandonment. Well first off, my husband was so depressed in 2009... he and I were long distance and he was so unhappy. We all know how it feels like to be so unhappy, you just forget everyone else and just focus on your unhappiness. My MIL tried to tell BIL how unstable, depressed and unhappy husband was at the time... and BIL said that his brother should just "grow up and get over it".

Second off, my husband was studying for the CPA... by himself... and devoted every hour of his free time to pass the tests. He did not even have time for ME when he visited me in TO... and we would schedule our dates around his study time.

In a way, I think that my BIL wanting to hang out with my husband was a means of trying to get help... cause he was getting pressured from the WIL to get engaged at that time... And he was likely trying to get support and strength from his brother. But my husband was so emotionally drained, he had nothing he could give his brother at that time... and it's soo selfish of my BIL to say that his brother rejected him and left him all alone, when my husband was in a really, really, really bad place.

BIL also thinks my husband is weird because hubby is really quiet and keeps to himself. My hubby is so shy and so reserve, but hes a GREAT guy. Just because hes not abusive or mean-spirited does not mean he is any less a man. My BIL drinks a lot, treats my MIL like sh*t, fishes, treats the WIL like sh*t, and because my husband does not do any of that... he's labelled as weird.

And because my husband spoils me with presents and dates and flowers, BIL thinks he is a weakling. #######?

At the end of the conversation, my BIL told my MIL that when she dies, he doubts that he and my husband will ever talk again.

This really saddens me. My husband will be sooo hurt if he finds out what BIL thinks of him. He worships the ground that my BIL walks on. I DOUBT this is because my BIL hates my husband... I think he is likely envious that my husband does not have the stresses he has in his life. I also think this is the WIL's influence on him... because the BIL that I KNOW is not judgmental and insensitive. But the two of them make each other sooo unhappy and so they turn to people who are happy and blame those happy people for their misery.

Sigh, I dont know what to do. Three days ago, I was all about bashing the WIL. I think it's partly her influence... but this entire mess, which may contribute to why he is marrying the witch, has even deeper roots than I thought. And I am so careful to not let my strong dislike for the WIL divide the two brothers -- but it looks like her dislike for me has done that already. And now I just feel so hopeless, I want to move back to Toronto to protect my husband.

No matter what, my relationship with my husband is most important, and I want to do what is best for whole family peace, but if my BIL will be such an a$$ to my husband, we just have to cut him out of our lives.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

So I told my husband that this mothers day I wanted to spend it with my son, instead of going over to his mothers house. We kind of talked about it and he said I'd be causing a lot of drama if I didn't show up and part of being married is doing stuff you don't always want to do. So I ended up just giving in and going over.

Now I don't believe anyone has to slave over me on a Hallmark holiday. Basically my husband and his brother were supposed to be cooking, and his grandparents and uncle came over. Umm I ended up doing a pile of dishes and cleaning up and clearing plates. His brother didn't really lift a finger. It was my husband and I doing all of the work... but I'm a mother too.

I know being married sometimes means compromising but I basically felt like complete ####### and it was supposed to be mothers day. I didn't expect to be doing everyones dishes or clearing them up either. I haven't talked to my husband about this either because if I do, it'll be me making an issue out of what he sees as a non-issue. But I constantly feel like I am compromising myself when it comes to things with his family. It doesn't exactly make me feel great either.

Bah.

Donne moi une poptart!

I know being married sometimes means compromising but I basically felt like complete ####### and it was supposed to be mothers day. I didn't expect to be doing everyones dishes or clearing them up either. I haven't talked to my husband about this either because if I do, it'll be me making an issue out of what he sees as a non-issue. But I constantly feel like I am compromising myself when it comes to things with his family. It doesn't exactly make me feel great either.

Bah.

You know, it sounds like you are doing all the compromising lately...which isn't compromising at all. He may see it as a non-issue, but you don't, so it is. blink.gif I don't think even I understood that last bit, I need more coffee. blush.gif

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Timeline

3 nights.... Grand total of 4 hours sleep. I'm barely functioning, but I can't take any more sick time off. I called my doctors office yesterday and asked what they suggested; tea, relaxation, and exercise to tire you out before sleep, and if that doesn't work, they'd consider a prescription sleep aid (aka a tranquilizer). I tried the relaxation techniques, I tried walking my dog right before bed. I fell asleep, but was awoken at about 4 a.m. by what I think is the culprit...... my dog.

Timeline

Have you ever heard of melatonin? I take that before I go to sleep... it may help. What you have sounds pretty severe though.

It's the dogs fault really. Normally, she curls up next to my wife. Mel is in Canada for the month of may visiting her family. I think the dog is part terrier and part microwave. She curls up against me, and in like 5 minutes, she gets so warm that it makes me all hot and sweaty and I have to throw the covers off me. Five minutes after that, i'm freezing and have to put the covers back on. I tried last night to get down a blanket just for her to wrap her up in it, but she's not going for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.