Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Pft, I've called AllState on two separate occasions to inquire why our policy ID cards don't list me anywhere.

First time, the rep told me it was because, although I was added to the policy (which lists me, thank goodness, as it should), I wasn't added to the mailing address, so apparently their records don't fully include me. Okay fine, update the records, as I obviously live with my husband... excellent. Send me new cards.

Received new cards. Identical to the cards that list only my husband on both of our vehicles (even though the policy states I'm primary on my car).

Called again. We'll resend.

Same as above.

So now I'm waiting until I can finally get my Florida DL before I blast someone.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's pretty rare for an insurance company to put anyone other than the primary policy holder on the card/slip. Even though you are considered to be the primary driver on your second car, i'm guessing your Husband is the primary policy holder?

His mom and stepdad are both listed on theirs, also with Allstate.

Any company I've been with, even under my parents as a secondary, primary and secondary drivers are listed, tertiary drivers (my sister, at the time) were not.

He would've been the primary policy holder before... but then, by adding me onto an entirely different vehicle as a primary under the same policy.. I assumed we were joint?

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband's name is listed on the AllState Insurance card I carry for my car on which we are joint owners, as he is the policy holder. The policy itself, however, lists both of us as covered, and the car registration lists both of us so it shows that the car I drive is covered. My name only shows up on the policy, though, not on the card.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Minor vent but still want to get it off of my chest.

Okay well my uncle and his wife live in Toronto in public housing, they're both on disability, both have like NO money, food, etc. They have a 23 year old son who lives with them, he doesn't pay rent, works at Banana Republic, and eats the food they buy, and when they run out mid-month, he just goes out to eat and leaves them to starve.

For as long as I can remember my mother has supported my uncle. She buys him grocery cards whenever he tells her he has no food. Yesterday she went down and filled up his cupboards and bought him bus tickets so he can get to his doctors appointments. One time she even bought him a used car, which his son totaled.

I know it's not my problem at all, but I find it kind of funny how they can ask my mom for help, but refuse to ask their own son to pitch in. The situation really bothers me. If that were me, I'd be asking him to at least help out with groceries, I mean come on. You're going to eat them out of the house, and then go spend your money on video games? He has a 46 inch plasma tv in his room with surround sound, an xbox and a wii... they have next to nothing. Yet my mom drives down from Midland, to stock up their cupboards, support them and help them out.

Donne moi une poptart!

I know it's not my problem at all, but I find it kind of funny how they can ask my mom for help, but refuse to ask their own son to pitch in. The situation really bothers me. If that were me, I'd be asking him to at least help out with groceries, I mean come on. You're going to eat them out of the house, and then go spend your money on video games? He has a 46 inch plasma tv in his room with surround sound, an xbox and a wii... they have next to nothing. Yet my mom drives down from Midland, to stock up their cupboards, support them and help them out.

The thing is, it's a natural inclination for many parents to want the best for their kids...want their kids to have things that they themselves couldn't have. Unfortunately, many kids develop a feeling of entitlement, and teenage / young adult society does nothing to disrupt that feeling. I get a really visceral response when I read about something like the above, Nev. I'm not a violent man, but I think the only way a kid like that learns a lesson is if someone goes in and smashes his TV, Wii, Xbox etc. and roughs him up a little... His parents aren't exactly exonerated here though. But yeah, he needs his #### kicked.

P.S.: I hate how "a s s" is turned into #### here. I mean, what if I was talking about Don Quixote's Rocinante? :wacko:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Yea he has two brothers who have moved out and support themselves. He just doesn't. He moved out for a month with his girlfriend, they broke up and he moved back home. He sees nothing wrong with that he is doing, and his parents don't seem to see anything wrong with it either.

I lived with my mom when my ex and I broke up and we split the bills 50/50. I wasn't given a free ride, and I wouldn't want one either. I was capable of working, so I was capable of chipping in. And my mom isn't on disability or having a hard time, it was just the responsible thing to do.

He watches his parents struggle and then goes out to eat... like that just seems so crazy in my mind.

I'd love to rough him up.. my mom is constantly busting him when she sees him, calling him a bum and everything else. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Lol You should recommend he dress up like a seal for Halloween this year and then you can visit and just beat the living pulp out of him hahaha

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Lol You should recommend he dress up like a seal for Halloween this year and then you can visit and just beat the living pulp out of him hahaha

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

grrr, so I am getting really tired of the people my hubby works for.. he applied for the day shift like 3 weeks or so ago , maybe even longer, I can't remember exactly... he still hasn't really heard a peep and he hasn't even been called in for an interview yet... GRRRR

I am getting tired of the waiting.. I just want to know if he is got it or not already... :angry:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

grrr, so I am getting really tired of the people my hubby works for.. he applied for the day shift like 3 weeks or so ago , maybe even longer, I can't remember exactly... he still hasn't really heard a peep and he hasn't even been called in for an interview yet... GRRRR

I am getting tired of the waiting.. I just want to know if he is got it or not already... :angry:

That's got to be so annoying as if they'd just change his hours practically your entire days/lives together would change for the better, so sorry to hear that!!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Just found out it's going to cost us $514 to fix our truck for now...and there is more that needs to be done :(

We don't drive it very much, but when we do, I don't want to worry about anything breaking on it.

Both front Ball Joints need to be replaced, and then a wheel alignment.

Just when I feel like we're getting ahead, stuff like this happens.

I really hope I get that FT job.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

grr so I just need to get this off my chest...

so my husband has a cell phone that is under his brother's name.. ...I am not sure why but that is just the way it is... anyways we have a Sirius account for his brother under my husband's name because the monthly fee was cheaper at the time when you have 2 radios on one account...

anywho, awhile back my husband called his brother saying he wanted to cancel his phone and change the Sirius account into the brother's name because we were paying about 50 bucks a month for the phone and 15 bucks a month for the satellite radio and we were trying to cut back on our expenses .. well the brother says he got this good deal where it will only be 5 bucks a month for 400 minutes, so hubby says sure... and in exchange we will keep paying his satellite bill which has worked out fine for the last year or so...

well, a few weeks ago my hubby's phone stopped working.. and when you call it says this number is temporarily disabled... turns out that the brother hasn't been paying the cell phone bill which includes his phones too and the service was cut off... he didn't even bother to tell us this and we still haven't heard anything for him about this... I only found out when I signed onto the account online...

So I talked to my hubby and we decided to cancel his satellite radio account but then a few days ago we heard through the grape vine that he was going to be borrowing some money to pay his bill... so we decided to not cancel the satellite account after all... bu this was like a week ago but the hubster's phone is still not turned back on ...grrrrr

this same brother borrowed a couple hundred bucks from us last month to pay his mortgage... he did pay us back only because my hubby basically forced him too or we would have been short on our rent... last year he also borrowed $1800 bucks from another brother but he never paid him back..

what really gets me is that he goes to this expensive karate type class run by Steven Segal's son which probably isn't cheap... ( he is obsessed with Steven Segal) and he is constantly buying new gadgets and bigger TVs etc....

another thing is that he has 3 beautiful daughters, our nieces... we we hardly see them... he always has some excuse why he can't come for Thanksgiving or Christmas.. but then awhile back he emailed my husband some pics taken at a Birthday party at Steven Segal's house with him and his family and Steven Segal... that ticked me off because he made time for Steven Segal but not his own family.... and he only contacts his family when he needs some money etc... GGRRRR

sorry for the long post.. this has just been really bugging me lately....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I swear I'm going to gnaw my leg off if it doesn't stop hurting!

I had compartmental syndrome in my lower leg (about an inch above my ankle) about 10 years ago. I had a series of muscle relaxer injections, two surgeries (4" scar on my leg!), and various air casts/splints/crutches/etc. Right after the last surgery, I tore the scar tissue training for my softball team, and wound up back in physical therapy (and benched for the season). From that point on, my leg has been gradually regaining feeling...I can feel most of my leg except for maybe 2-3" in either direction from the area the surgery was in.

Unfortunately, as the feeling has been coming back into my foot and ankle area, I've been getting these god awful charlie horses in the middle of the night right at the site of the surgery on my leg. They're so painful I wind up waking up Spoom (even when I try not to), and I can't rely on my foot and leg to work properly during these spells (so I can't "walk it off" like I used to do with charlie horses). I had two of these spells last night.

So much pain, so little sleep! I think I'm just frustrated today because I'm tired, but I needed to vent.

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

I swear I'm going to gnaw my leg off if it doesn't stop hurting!

I had compartmental syndrome in my lower leg (about an inch above my ankle) about 10 years ago. I had a series of muscle relaxer injections, two surgeries (4" scar on my leg!), and various air casts/splints/crutches/etc. Right after the last surgery, I tore the scar tissue training for my softball team, and wound up back in physical therapy (and benched for the season). From that point on, my leg has been gradually regaining feeling...I can feel most of my leg except for maybe 2-3" in either direction from the area the surgery was in.

Unfortunately, as the feeling has been coming back into my foot and ankle area, I've been getting these god awful charlie horses in the middle of the night right at the site of the surgery on my leg. They're so painful I wind up waking up Spoom (even when I try not to), and I can't rely on my foot and leg to work properly during these spells (so I can't "walk it off" like I used to do with charlie horses). I had two of these spells last night.

So much pain, so little sleep! I think I'm just frustrated today because I'm tired, but I needed to vent.

As funny as this is going to sound my FiL swears it works. He was getting really bad leg cramps at night and found out somewhere that a bar of soap helps. Can't remember if there is a specific kind it has to be, but he says he hasn't be woken up by leg cramps since.

I dunno if it will work with charlie horses.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.