Jamie&Harry

When/what is the yellow packet he dont open

13 posts in this topic

this part of this process confuses me when does he get the packet that u can not open? will it say do not open on it?

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Mauritius

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-05

NVC Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-05

Interview Date : 2009-12-16 Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 148 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

this part of this process confuses me when does he get the packet that u can not open? will it say do not open on it?

After the interview and once the Visa has been approved - the beneficiary is sent a package (some countries it's to be picked up by the beneficiary) - inside the package is their passport with the visa inside and another envelope that says "Do Not Open" - this envelope is to be carried on the airplane and given to the CBP officer when clearing the POE.

It contains (for those terribly curious) most of the forms etc that you have sent in to this point (so nothing you haven't already seen before). :star:

Edited by Otto und Karin

Ok will he be able to pick this up at the consulate he interviews at as he will be in kenya and he lives in mauritus he is planning to fly from kenya here as soon as he gets his visa. Im hoping he can do this instead of having to fly home and wait as it is more expensive for us

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Processing

oh and he will have to get that there as he has to fly back either way on his passport im sorry being an airhead here ..i just ansered my own question lol

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Processing

Ok will he be able to pick this up at the consulate he interviews at as he will be in kenya and he lives in mauritus he is planning to fly from kenya here as soon as he gets his visa. Im hoping he can do this instead of having to fly home and wait as it is more expensive for us

Can't answer specifically - some valuable information can be found on the VJ Embassy Section (for Kenya) and also on the VJ Embassy member's reviews section . You might find your answer plus a lot of other interesting things. :thumbs:

Edited by Otto und Karin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

YEs, under no circumstances open that sealed envelope. Many people make that mistake AND THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS telling you not to. In our case the courier warned my K1 not to open it!

You're almost there! Next stop fun and games at the medical exam.

YEs, under no circumstances open that sealed envelope. Many people make that mistake AND THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS telling you not to. In our case the courier warned my K1 not to open it!

You mean aside from the part that says "TO BE OPENED ONLY BY UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION OR PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE OFFICER," often in multiple languages?

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/...wn_env_back.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/yjz4lsp

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Can't answer specifically - some valuable information can be found on the VJ Embassy Section (for Kenya) and also on the VJ Embassy member's reviews section . You might find your answer plus a lot of other interesting things. :thumbs:

I have read a lot trust me but I answered my own question anyways, as he will need his passport to fly back from kenya to his home country either way lol so they wil l have to give it back to him then from what i read it is about 2-7 days later he can pick it up from the consulate anyways sorry this was my brain with out coffee..happens a lot so dont hate me LOL anyways I had already told him about it so he wont open it were not there yet anyways

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Processing

Timeline

After the interview and once the Visa has been approved - the beneficiary is sent a package (some countries it's to be picked up by the beneficiary) - inside the package is their passport with the visa inside and another envelope that says "Do Not Open" - this envelope is to be carried on the airplane and given to the CBP officer when clearing the POE.

It contains (for those terribly curious) most of the forms etc that you have sent in to this point (so nothing you haven't already seen before). :star:

ok now I have a question do you have to fly into a POE or can you drive to one, see my fiance is in Mexico and I think it would just be easier to drive there and get him since we only live about 10 hrs away from the border???

ob5fqt98.png

ok now I have a question do you have to fly into a POE or can you drive to one, see my fiance is in Mexico and I think it would just be easier to drive there and get him since we only live about 10 hrs away from the border???

for us he has to fly ..as hes going to nairobi kenya embassy and he is from Mauritus..our hopeful plan is for him to fly after picking up visa and mysterious yellow packet to the us straight from kenya

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Processing

No reason why not. Keep in mind that they are most likely are not always prepared to do that sort of thing at border crossings. They may make you wait while they review their procedures. LOL!

So you will drive to the border, park your car in Mexico, walk through Immigration into the US, then what? Leave her sit and then you cross the border again to retrieve your car?

Driving up with a person to be processed in the car may make them sweat a little bit.

I think I would seriously make a phone call and get a better opinion.

Once she is processed, I believe that she will need a I-131 Advance Parole before crossing back into Mexico. Hence, stuck in USA until you marry, file for AOS, and get the advanced parole.

Edited by NutMagnet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Bobby-Umit confirmed it is magic popcorn inside! You get it wth the visa, it will be the one that says DO NOT OPEN, put that thing away and especially keep it away from non-English reading people! How many times haev we seen posted "my fiancees Uncle, who cannot read English, opened the DO NOT OPEN envelope...now what?"

either is OK. A POE is a POE.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.