12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My fiance got AP after our interview. He's been on it for about a month now.

For the 1,897,655th time I checked Amman embassy website in the AP status section and this is what it still says:

Consular Section, Visa Case Status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Passport Number is: Jxxxxxx

Case Status: Your application is still pending administrative processing. Please check again at a later time for further updates.

:crying::crying::crying: Who else is newly on AP or have been for awhile? Let's support each other...

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hope you hear something positive shortly!!!

Best wishes!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

For the 1,897,655th time I checked Amman embassy website in the AP status section and this is what it still says:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case Status: Your application is still pending administrative processing. Please check again at a later time for further updates.

:crying::crying::crying: Who else is newly on AP or have been for awhile? Let's support each other...

We are there with you. :crying:

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

We had our interviewin June 2009 when we were placed on A-P. We received notification to bring the passport to the embassy in July and to visit the DHL office. We have been on A-P ever since. We have gotten conflicting information consistently from DOS. From "dont worry you will get your visa" to "processing is complete" to the more common "your case is pending AP, there is no other information we can give you". We are in AP regardless and pray everyday like so many that this resolves quickly. We have made the decision not to call so frequently because we just get so discouraged when we hear the dreaded words. But yes we have the AP blues too. We wish all of you the best in your waiting period too and pray for quick resolve.

Izzat and Eliza

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm going to be completely honest with you..... from start to finish, it took about 4 years to go through the entire waiver process for my husband. He was in AP for a year and a half. That does NOT mean this will happen to anyone else, but you need to be prepared to wait. The absolutely best thing I did during this time (the first couple of years anyway) was to do some volunteer work with the Red Cross. The second thing was to learn not to check every single day. It will drive you into madness.

Sorry, but I have not looked at your timeline. Is your case still at the CO in your SO's home country? Do you know if the waiver is to be adjudicated in Rome?

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline

Thank you for all the support and honesty. I appreciate it and pray we will all be finished soon.

I am confused by something- Allousa, you asked me about a waiver in rome? That just threw me into a panic because I have no idea what you are talking about- could you please tell me what this is? How would we know if we have a waiver, and if it is in Rome??? Is it good or bad to have this?? Also. you said about 4 years, so does this mean you are finally together???

We had our interview a month ago. I was there with him. The CO said everything looks good on their end, but it required additional processing in Washington DC before the visa could be issued. They assured us that this was normal. They asked him some additional questions at another window, and gave us a paper on how to check our status online, at the AMMAN website. The paper said it would take an average of 5 months, but could be more, could be less. The paper also said that once the website said that AP was complete, we were supposed to send that letter plus his passport to the embassy for the visa.....I just assumed it's security checks since he comes from one of the countries on the "T" list.

Gaeliza, when you you left the embassy in June, after the interview, with the passport, at that time, did you know it was in AP? Did they tell you they were sending it to Washington DC? So did you actually get stuck in AP twice??

Thanks again for your answers and support. xoxo Nora

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: Timeline

We are also in that AP hell . We just dont know what will happen with us . We are praying they will send passport with visa in that.

Thank you !

Timeline

Wow Fiaz and Brenda, they kept your passport!! I'm told that is a very good sign!!! I bet you will have your visa before you know it!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline
there are a bunch of us. Waiting, waiting,... it sure sucks.

I just saw your timeline...Hope it finishes soon for you!

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
Yes We did know we were in AP but I dont think we were in AP twice I just think they perhaps they wanted to check travel documentation off of the passport or just needed some other information from the passport. We are told our application is good also, it is just a waiting game.....One person at DOS told us that actually all that was done prior to the interview was all about the petitioner and verifying a valid marriage or relationship, after the interview is about the applicant. I am sure it is not easy to get information always from some countries and we must also realize that all of this is done for our own protection. I would agree that it could be done more efficiently, but that will never happen in a government agency of any kind I suspect.

Thank you for all the support and honesty. I appreciate it and pray we will all be finished soon.

I am confused by something- Allousa, you asked me about a waiver in rome? That just threw me into a panic because I have no idea what you are talking about- could you please tell me what this is? How would we know if we have a waiver, and if it is in Rome??? Is it good or bad to have this?? Also. you said about 4 years, so does this mean you are finally together???

We had our interview a month ago. I was there with him. The CO said everything looks good on their end, but it required additional processing in Washington DC before the visa could be issued. They assured us that this was normal. They asked him some additional questions at another window, and gave us a paper on how to check our status online, at the AMMAN website. The paper said it would take an average of 5 months, but could be more, could be less. The paper also said that once the website said that AP was complete, we were supposed to send that letter plus his passport to the embassy for the visa.....I just assumed it's security checks since he comes from one of the countries on the "T" list.

Gaeliza, when you you left the embassy in June, after the interview, with the passport, at that time, did you know it was in AP? Did they tell you they were sending it to Washington DC? So did you actually get stuck in AP twice??

Thanks again for your answers and support. xoxo Nora

Izzat and Eliza

Filed: Timeline
Wow Fiaz and Brenda, they kept your passport!! I'm told that is a very good sign!!! I bet you will have your visa before you know it!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!

Yes ... al-Hubb jameel They kept my passport and handed me blue slip then said No time frame for AP and took my cell # said we will call you if we will need anything but interview was not good at all bcz we didnt had wedding ceremony pics just showed them normal pics those were about 50 and i took so many proofs but they didnt even checked any of them just saw one letter which was from my wife then he returned to me and kept passport . I have heard keeping Passport is good sign we are praying hard for my Visa approval soon.Please dont forget to pray for us and say Insh'Allah.

Thank you !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.