bobby_kvisa

Fillable G325A Address Issue

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

When electronically filling in the G325A, it asks for the FULL NAME AND ADDRESS of the employer. The font size seems to be fixed on this form and so I need to spread out the name and address of the company over 2-3 separate rows of information.

The problem is that within the rows there are columns for From and To Date. When I print out the form it shows the dates in the To section with a "000000" value.

Some of the other questions in the form behave similarly in the electronic version - such as "Applicant's last address outside the US". It fills in a 000000 value on the print-out when you put "NONE" into the answer field.

I am using the latest G325A that was downloaded from the USCIS website.

If I was in the USA I would simply print out a copy of the G325a, "white-out" the 00000 values and then make a photocopy for signature purposes. But I am in India and printing, copying and "whiteing things out" is very hard to do.

Please let me know if there are any ways to remove the 0000000 values from the print-outs of the G325A - or if I am filling it out correctly.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
When electronically filling in the G325A, it asks for the FULL NAME AND ADDRESS of the employer. The font size seems to be fixed on this form and so I need to spread out the name and address of the company over 2-3 separate rows of information.

The problem is that within the rows there are columns for From and To Date. When I print out the form it shows the dates in the To section with a "000000" value.

Some of the other questions in the form behave similarly in the electronic version - such as "Applicant's last address outside the US". It fills in a 000000 value on the print-out when you put "NONE" into the answer field.

If I was in the USA I would simply print out a copy of the G325a, "white-out" the 00000 values and then make a photocopy for signature purposes. But I am in India and printing, copying and "whiteing things out" is very hard to do.

Please let me know if there are any ways to remove the 0000000 values from the print-outs of the G325A - or if I am filling it out correctly.

I don't see a need to remove the values. They'll understand the use of multiple lines for an address. Alternatively, you could duplicate the dates in the multiple lines. Really, what I would do is abbreviate. City and Country is actually enough address for employment on the G325a.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I unlocked and converted a file to word for you hope this helps

g325_word.doc

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2009-12-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-12-10

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-05

NVC Received and Forwarded to Consulate : 2010-03-12

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-12 Downloaded OnLine

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-15 Emailed Package 3, Confirmation of Email Package 3 2010-03-18

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-18

Interview Date : 2010-05-24 Approved

Arrive in Seattle, WA: 2010-06-29

Missouri Service Center

I-485 Sent : 2010-09-30

I-485 NOA1 : 2010-10-13

I-765 Sent : 2010-09-30

I-765 NOA1 : 2010-10-13

I-131 Sent : 2010-09-30

I-131 NOA1 : 2010-10-13

BIO Appt Seattle, WA : 2010-11-01 completed took about 2 hours had to verify name change for my wife

I-485 Appt : 2011-01-10

I-765 Approved 2010-12-16 (card production ordered could take 30 days)

I-131 Approved 2010-12-17

I-131 Recd Letter for Travel Auth. 2010-12-23

I-765 Card Received 2010-12-20

I-485 Approved 2011-03-31-2011 Yea

Greencard Received :2011-04-08

If you don't have (or prefer not to use) MS Word, I unlocked the G-325A and modified the input font to Times New Roman. This change allows you to input the date in the specified format, as well as significantly more room for address and employer data.

You can download my "improved" version at http://tinyurl.com/lva3qz/g-325a_improved.pdf

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If you don't have (or prefer not to use) MS Word, I unlocked the G-325A and modified the input font to Times New Roman. This change allows you to input the date in the specified format, as well as significantly more room for address and employer data.

You can download my "improved" version at http://tinyurl.com/lva3qz/g-325a_improved.pdf

Excellent job. A company I deal with recently upgraded their PDF form I use from time to time. What I noticed was that when you start typing in a text field the font starts shrinking to fit in the space. I've never seen that before and haven't tried to see if there's a lower limit to the font size automatic adjustment. Do you know anything about that feature?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I had this problem alot over the years. I would just leave that field blank. Then I would print out the form and fill it in the old fashion way, with a pen <haha>

Blessings to you on your journey!

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Excellent job. A company I deal with recently upgraded their PDF form I use from time to time. What I noticed was that when you start typing in a text field the font starts shrinking to fit in the space. I've never seen that before and haven't tried to see if there's a lower limit to the font size automatic adjustment. Do you know anything about that feature?

Thanks!

As for the shrinking text, I've seen that feature as well. I've been able to format text fields that way in simpler forms that were editable in Adobe Acrobat Professional itself. But the G-325A is a bit more complex—nested tables and such—and Acrobat would only allow me to modify it in LiveCycle Designer, a dedicated form design application. That program didn't appear to have the "shrinking text" option for text fields, but I may investigate further.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.