newhandle

NVC says they're out of visas, and I'm stuck with the approval notice- what's my expected wait time?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Here is what's up:

- Case type: i130 (dad with PR applies for unmarried son < 21)

- Case applied in march 06.

- Case approved, and the approval notice i-797 received, in Jul-09

- USCIS.org lists the case status as "Post-decision", which is supposedly the final step.

So I called NVC to get an update on the case, but they told me that they're out of visa #'s, and that they are currently processing cases from Jun-06. This means that it's going to take at least 8 months more just to get my case under "current", and who knows if there will be further delays within this period.

Can anyone with knowledge on this matter clarify how the final procedure works, and what would be a realistic wait time?

By the way, the unmarried son, who is now > 21, is currently studying in the US.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

watch the month updates... I believe your son is family preference 2A

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4576.html

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He can not apply for a work visa, the Employer does.

Which one?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Which one?

You're right. But the question was if filing for work visa would in any way affect his current i-130 application.

Which would depend on which work visa was involved. Does it have dual intent?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Which one?

You're right. But the question was if filing for work visa would in any way affect his current i-130 application.

Which would depend on which work visa was involved. Does it have dual intent?

That would be H1B. I don't how any other visa type would apply.

Timeline

R is another type, we could go through the alphabet.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
R is another type, we could go through the alphabet.

ha ha ha hah ah ha ha hahah haha....i could laugh on and on. Oh stop with the humour, help with info please! Is there a "Z" Visa too?

F2A from my husband, for me and our children.

2005-05-21: Got married to my man.

Priority Date: Dec 26, 2006

2006-12-23: I-130 Sent

2007-01-05: I-130 NOA1

2009-05-21: I-130 Approved

2009-06-04: NVC Case No. generated

2010-01-15: DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

2010-01-17: Choice of Agent sent via e-mail

2010-01-22: Paid I-864 Bill

2010-01-25: I-864 Bill shows PAID

2010-01-28: Received email saying: Choice of agent accepted/IV bill generated.

2010-01-28: Paid IV bill.

2010-02-25: Sent out completed I-864 and DS- 230.

2010-04-08: Case Complete.

2010-05-03: Interview scheduled for June 2nd 2010 as per NVC live operator.

2010-06-02: 221g refusal pending return of requested document.

2010-06-03: Obtained the requested document. E-mailed consulate requesting a new interview date.

2011-01-26: Visas Approved! To be picked up Feb 2nd.

2011-02-01: Got an e-mail stating Visas aint ready for pick-up yet!! Oh God PLSSSSSSS.

2011-02-09: Got a reply to my incenssant e-mails scolding me for writing, and asking me to refrain from writing more letters, and stating officially that am on AP!!!

2011-03-15: Picked up Visas. Oh My God!

2011-03-21: POE, Atlanta Georgia. Find it hard to believe this is truly happening. Thank you God.

NOW IN THE US.

2011-03-28: Received our Social Security Cards in the Mail.

2011-04-08: Received Green Cards.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
thanks for all the help. Actually, the first reply was the only useful one.

H1B visa is fine. He should be careful with the H1B visa though (at this economy he may lose the job, usually the H1B employees are at risk and they have only 30 days to find another similar job or leave the country). He can not convert back to F-1 student visa later on if he needs to stay in USA since he has an I-130 approved showing immigration intents.

I-130 Sent : 08/15/2006 F2A (spouse of LPR)

I-130 Approved : 03/29/2010

AOS data section: Filed I-485 & I-765 (more details see About Me section)

04/30/2010 - Mailed out

06/02/2010 - RFE

08/11/2010 - Interview Date - APPROVED

08/23/2010 - Green Card at Home :)

Hubby's USC

Service Center : Dallas TX ; CIS Office : New York City NY

05/29/2010 - Date Filed

06/08/2010 - Email & phone mess with case number.

06/07/2010 - Checks cashed

06/11/2010 - NOA Date

06/21/2010 - Biometrics letter

07/07/2010 - Biometrics appointment

11/11/2010 - Interview Date

Waiting for interview letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.