Stephen + Elisha

Receive E-Notification of I-485 Acceptance

11 posts in this topic

The following may be of interest to those who are preparing to file I-485 AOS applications.

USCIS has introduced a new E-Notification service for applications and petitions filed at one of the lockboxes (Chicago, Phoenix, and Lewisville, TX). This includes the I-485 Adjustment of Status application for applicants adjusting from K-1 or K-3 status, as well as concurrently filed EAD and AP applications.

To receive E-Notification by e-mail or SMS cell phone text message, applicants should complete the new Form G-1145 and clip it to the top of their application package.

More info:

Fact sheet on E-Notification Capability: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/New%20Structure...eet_16Sep09.pdf

USCIS Form Page for the new G-1145: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000b92ca60aRCRD

Form G-1145 and Instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Services%20&amp...orms/G-1145.pdf

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the info!! :thumbs:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can also just sign up on the website for notifications on the case status checking area, takes 5 seconds and you don't have to fill out an extra form to mail.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• 2 weeks later...
You can also just sign up on the website for notifications on the case status checking area, takes 5 seconds and you don't have to fill out an extra form to mail.

Except you can't sign up on the website until you have the USCIS receipt number, which is printed on your deposited check (if you used a check) or on the hardcopy NOA1. This new form allows you to get notification as soon as the application is logged into USCIS's system, before the receipt number is available to you.

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Except you can't sign up on the website until you have the USCIS receipt number, which is printed on your deposited check (if you used a check) or on the hardcopy NOA1. This new form allows you to get notification as soon as the application is logged into USCIS's system, before the receipt number is available to you.

Per the USCIS Fact Sheet (first link in my original post), the E-Notification will include the receipt number for the accepted application. Thus, this new service (if it indeed works) will provide a faster option for obtaining the receipt number than anything previously available.

Is it any more accurate than the crappy CRIS system?

Since it's "new" it's not yet tested. I expect that if, like the old system, it is dependent upon a human doing something to create touches or whatever, no, it won't be any more reliable.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Since it's "new" it's not yet tested. I expect that if, like the old system, it is dependent upon a human doing something to create touches or whatever, no, it won't be any more reliable.

Guess we'll find out! We'll be filing for AOS before too long, and I plan to include the new form. I'll update this topic when/if we get the notification, and hopefully others who include the new form will do the same.

Guess we'll find out! We'll be filing for AOS before too long, and I plan to include the new form. I'll update this topic when/if we get the notification, and hopefully others who include the new form will do the same.

We will too -- looking forward to filing soon - expect the certificate to be in the mail TODAY! (finally can start changing my name - Woo!)

Actually, after reading a little more, it looks like it is just for receipt of the package, not for any other status updates. Or, at least, it doesn't mention other status updates aside from an explicitly unofficial "we got it" I'm not sure that I feel as worked up about this application as I did about the I129f, so...

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

• 1 month later...

We got our text message today!

Posted Thursday, Arrived (according to USPS tracking) Friday, opened/txted Wednesday.

Actually probably pretty good considering the holiday and low staff levels.

PS: It's faster than waiting to see the check cashed.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

:( I didnt know about this form til yesterday. I sent mine (AOS) on 12.15.2009. I just phoned USCIS if I can find out whether they have received my

papers and they said I have to wait for at least 10 days or until my NOA comes via mail.

Oh well.

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.