Jeff54321

NOA2 to NVC hasn't happened yet - NOA2 Date Oct 1

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What should I do? NOA2 to NVC hasn't happened yet, the NOA2 date was October 1st. I see all these timelines where it take 2-3 days to arrive, but NVC doesn't have our documents yet. I've called several times and all they tell me is that it could take up to 90 days to arrive. However, VisaJourney.com states that documents with a NOA2 date of October 15th are being worked on right now. It's very frurtrating when the average time is 4-5 days and I am now in day 21 with no arrival.

Operators are getting mad at me and they just keep telling me to wait up to 3 months for them to receive it. I want some action, especially when it appears that it's lost somewhere. What should I do?

Edited by Jeff54321

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do at this point. What's not going in your favor is that (I'm assuming to save money), USCIS sends off petitions in batches, instead of one at a time.

It is frustrating to talk to the NVC folks...but keep calling once a day. It's their job to talk to you, after all.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Man, these are the threads that make me panic a little.

Edited by AFweatherguy

2009-09-17 I-129F Sent

2009-09-19 I-129F Arrival at the VSC via USPS (Priority)

2009-09-21 NA01

2009-09-30 Submitted paperwork to expedite

2009-10-08 Expedite request rejected :(

2009-10-16 NAO2 Approved!

2009-10-20 NVC Received

2009-10-22 NVC Sent to Manila

2009-12-02 Interview Passed

2009-12-08 Visa Received

2009-12-14 CFO Seminar

2009-12-15 U.S Arrival (POE Detroit)

Visit my Fiance's Blog at www.filamlovestory.com

What should I do? NOA2 to NVC hasn't happened yet, the NOA2 date was October 1st. I see all these timelines where it take 2-3 days to arrive, but NVC doesn't have our documents yet. I've called several times and all they tell me is that it could take up to 90 days to arrive. However, VisaJourney.com states that documents with a NOA2 date of October 15th are being worked on right now. It's very frurtrating when the average time is 4-5 days and I am now in day 21 with no arrival.

Operators are getting mad at me and they just keep telling me to wait up to 3 months for them to receive it. I want some action, especially when it appears that it's lost somewhere. What should I do?

Our NOA2 was received on 25th Sept and our petition was meant to have been shipped on 5 Oct to London US Embassy, STILL NOTHING!

I am starting to worry, i call DOS and they say 'oh nothing to worry about' but it has been 18 days, could it be lost?

AOS Visa Journey

28/06/2010 - POE Chicago 28th June 2010

10/09/2010 - Married in ATL, GA

05/10/2010 - Sent AOS Package to USCIS

06/10/2010 - AOS Package received at Chicago Lockbox

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

18/10/2010 - NOA1 Received via Mail

22/10/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/11/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

18/12/2010 - Letter received for interview appointment

21/12/2010 - Received EAD and AP

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

03/25/2011 - Green Card Received

For my experience, my attorney received the NOA2, I got a copy too.. we also received a new Case Number RDJ [Rio de Janeiro/Brazil]. My fiancee email a request for update to the embassy and the very next day she got a response with the date of the interview.

But, remember not every embassy work the same way and we are bound to their timelines

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm very concerned about this too. imy NOA2 date was 18 September and NVC have still not received the file. It seems completely impossible to progress things. All NVC say is that it can take 90 days, but to contact USCIS. There is a number for USCIS of course, but no way can you ever get to talk to anyone!!! If you email them all you get is an automatic reply saying that you have to phone them first. I asked NVC what they would do if the 90 days passed and they still didnt have the file. They said " We will tell you to contact USCIS". It could just go on and on!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Oh my God! Same problemmmm. NOA2 was Oct 27th and it's just fustrating seeing everyone's timeline on how quick the petitions were approved and sent to NVC within a few days. I was told 90days also, thats THREE whole months, terrible amount of days being wasted just 'waiting.'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is good to know that I am not the only one who is worried to death about this process :wacko: . I received a request for information which made me crazy (by the way) and I got that all taken care of. My information was received on the 30th of Oct. and still no response. It is now the 16th of Nov. and I feel like sreaming. I know it has hardly been two weeks but as someone mentioned earlier I see timelines where it took no time for my service center to take the next step. My finance keeps telling me not to worry that the hard part is over but when it has been eight whole months since you last held hands, watched a movie in the dark, and made each other laugh until one of you had tears rolling down your face, you get a little furstrated. This has been the hardest thing that I have ever had to do in my life. I do get joy in knowing that its almost over, but i still fill like screaming :crying: !

MistyBlkRose

event.png

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Everybody listen, if it goes over 30 days and NVC has still not received the NOA2..contact your Congressman. I went through the same thing back in the summer. At the 30th day I called my Congresswomans office. She called USCIS that same day and guess what? That same day they put it in the mail and NVC received 2 days later. Wait if you want till 90 days has past, your choice. I am telling you sometimes they just sit on them or lose them..but they have to respond to a Congressional inquiry. Good luck.

BTW I even got a new NOA2 date for doing that!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow based on your time line:

2009-09-17 I-129F Sent

2009-09-21 NA01

that under a month! but this gave me an idea,

because the way/process/procedure USCIS workers doing their work, sending them an expedite request will actually make them go touch your petition, therefor when they put your package back down on the table, it actually over cut all other people from the pile of the petition packages.

i think everyone should try sending the expedite request, even if it get rejected, it still help alot by digging out your petition from the dusts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi. I received my NO2 on August 31st and the NVC still has not forwarded my paperwork to the Montreal Consulate. They keep telling me that the Consulate has received the electronic copy, but not the hard copy. When I call, they say it was mailed on September 8th and the Consulate has not yet received it. You would think they would keep better records. It is very frustrating, because I have been worried they may have lost the paperwork. I am nearing the 90 day mark. At that point, I guess I will try to contact my Congressman. What other option do I have at the 90 day mark? I really appreciate your help. Good luck to all!

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 5-7-2009

I-129F Received: 5-11-2009

NOA2 Notice: 8-31-2009

NOA2 Hard Copy:

Packet 3 Recieved:

Interview Date:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wow based on your time line:

2009-09-17 I-129F Sent

2009-09-21 NA01

that under a month! but this gave me an idea,

because the way/process/procedure USCIS workers doing their work, sending them an expedite request will actually make them go touch your petition, therefor when they put your package back down on the table, it actually over cut all other people from the pile of the petition packages.

i think everyone should try sending the expedite request, even if it get rejected, it still help alot by digging out your petition from the dusts.

lol, lets just wait in line and be patient, there is no way to cheat the system, it is what it is..

Edited by Hell0W0rld
UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.