sasaqlain

Requesting a Stamp on Passport Prior To Travel.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Now that the wait is over, I wanted to ask, can I request the local office to stamp my passport since I am traveling within the next week and wont be able to wait for the Actual green card to arrive. I dont want to be troubled much at the POExit/Entry and if possible wou;d avoid using the AP. Do you think they'll grant me my request at the infopass appointment that I have coming up in 2 days?

Has anybody else gone through such a request?

Edited by saspk

IR5 For Parent

If your GC has been produced your AP is no longer valid. If you have a good reason you should get the I-551 stamp.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Congrats Saspakbhai, I knew you wd win....see we all told you to hang on. But then also I wd say not to leave without getting the GC at hand. Go enjoy and travel with the GC. Thats my openion. :dance::thumbs::thumbs: sorry i cdnt reply faster, had been in lots of trouble with my new job

Edited by christera22

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

If you still have your info pass appointment scheduled, go to it and request the stamp. When we had our interview they told us if we needed to travel before the green card arrived to do just that and they would stamp it. :) I guess this thread answers my question from your other thread ... hehe.

Adjust from VWP:

Marriage on day 64

06/29/09 - AOS package sent

07/01/09 - Package received via FedEx @ Chicago

07/08/09 - Received NOA

07/27/09 - Received Advanced Parole document dated 7/22

08/04/09 - Biometrics Appointment

08/12/09 - Received EAD Card

08/14/09 - Applied for Social Security Card

09/15/09 - Interview in Fairfax, VA ***APPROVED***

09/15/09 - Card Production Ordered

09/19/09 - Welcome to the USA letter received.

09/24/09 - Green Card in Hand

Time from Application receipt to Approval: 76 days.

Remove conditions: 09/2011

Remove conditions initial application: 7/6/2011 Approval: 4/17/2012

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
If you still have your info pass appointment scheduled, go to it and request the stamp. When we had our interview they told us if we needed to travel before the green card arrived to do just that and they would stamp it. :) I guess this thread answers my question from your other thread ... hehe.

congratulation saspakbhai for AOS approval and Green Card. may be you can try asking that for stamp.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Go to your infopass appointment tomorrow and request the stamp.

I wouldn't travel without it...

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
If your GC has been produced your AP is no longer valid. If you have a good reason you should get the I-551 stamp.

Is it true?

I got my AP and plan to go abroad for a vocation in December. My interview is this week. I hope to get my GC on hands but you never know... Is it true about AP? What stamp should I ask for at the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Is it true?

I got my AP and plan to go abroad for a vocation in December. My interview is this week. I hope to get my GC on hands but you never know... Is it true about AP? What stamp should I ask for at the interview?

If they do indicate that you are approved, ask them to stamp your passport. Most of the times they ask you if you planning on traveling and stamp it for you if you are. The stamp is I-551

Edited by saspk

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Is it true?

If they do indicate that you are approved, ask them to stamp your passport. Most of the times they ask you if you planning on traveling and stamp it for you if you are. The stamp is I-551

Thanks for your response! Congratulations with your GC!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.