vietazn

Is bank letter needed for I-134 in Vietnam?

19 posts in this topic

Just went to my bank. They informed me that they don't write letters. So is a bank letter needed for for affidavit of support for fiance visa in HCMC? Would I need to address this or how do I address it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just went to my bank. They informed me that they don't write letters. So is a bank letter needed for for affidavit of support for fiance visa in HCMC? Would I need to address this or how do I address it?

If your income is enough to satisfy the requirements, you usually don't need to declare assets. what makes you think you need a bank letter?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi friend,

if they will need only bank statment for monthly only no need letter from the. Bank

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If your income is enough to satisfy the requirements, you usually don't need to declare assets. what makes you think you need a bank letter?

In package 4, it stated that the bank letter is one of the required documents....it DID NOT state.."if..." or "but..."

Linh & Ngan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

In package 4, it stated that the bank letter is one of the required documents....it DID NOT state.."if..." or "but..."

Ouch. Vietnam is so unforgiving about this stuff it seems. Guess the OP needs to find a new bank. Besides, what kind of a bank wont draft a simple letter for a customer?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

just call the toll free customer service number, and tell them you need an "immigration letter". It's a standard item. A lot of big corporation use bank letter to sponsor work visa.

Your local branch probably never heard of it.

Linh & Ngan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
just call the toll free customer service number, and tell them you need an "immigration letter". It's a standard item. A lot of big corporation use bank letter to sponsor work visa.

Your local branch probably never heard of it.

Hey men

no need letter verify bank, if your income was okay .I did I knew ,for I 134

Timeline

I have a copy of the packet 4 instructions here in front of me. Bank statements are not mentioned even once. This is what it says regarding the affidavit of support:

17. Evidence of support: The petitioner must submit a complete original signed and notarized Form I-134, Affidavit of

Support for his/her principle applicant and one copy for each accompanying applicant. This form is also available at:

http://www.uscis.gov . The original form I-134 must be accompanied by records of the petitioner’s income for the most

recent tax year. The preferred record of income is the Complete Income Tax Return Transcript from the Internal

Revenue Service (IRS) (formerly IRS Form 1722). However, W-2s and/or a certified copy of a complete federal tax

return (Form 1040), including all pertinent schedules, might be acceptable in some cases.

When applicable, join sponsor must include all of the documents listed above plus proof of immigration status such

as photocopy of his/her U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, Naturalization Certificate, or Lawful Permanent

Resident Card. The officer will make decision whether a joint sponsor is accepted at the interview.

There are also instructions on the HCM consulate website, and those instructions add that a letter from the employer is required. However, neither the packet 4 instructions, nor the website instructions, state that a bank letter or bank statement is required.

There are also instructions in packet 3 for the I-134, and they are virtually identical to the packet 4 instructions.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I did not get a "letter" from my bank, I had them look up all my deposits for one calendar year and then put the total amount that was deposited for the last 12 months along with a current account balance and it was done on the bank letterhead and then notarized by the bank. You just need to explain to them why you need this and if the teller or first person will not help get what you want ask for a supervisor, remember you are a customer, it might cost you some money for them to print off old bank statements that you do not have, but they should do it no problem. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have a copy of the packet 4 instructions here in front of me. Bank statements are not mentioned even once. This is what it says regarding the affidavit of support:

17. Evidence of support: The petitioner must submit a complete original signed and notarized Form I-134, Affidavit of

Support for his/her principle applicant and one copy for each accompanying applicant. This form is also available at:

http://www.uscis.gov . The original form I-134 must be accompanied by records of the petitioner’s income for the most

recent tax year. The preferred record of income is the Complete Income Tax Return Transcript from the Internal

Revenue Service (IRS) (formerly IRS Form 1722). However, W-2s and/or a certified copy of a complete federal tax

return (Form 1040), including all pertinent schedules, might be acceptable in some cases.

When applicable, join sponsor must include all of the documents listed above plus proof of immigration status such

as photocopy of his/her U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, Naturalization Certificate, or Lawful Permanent

Resident Card. The officer will make decision whether a joint sponsor is accepted at the interview.

There are also instructions on the HCM consulate website, and those instructions add that a letter from the employer is required. However, neither the packet 4 instructions, nor the website instructions, state that a bank letter or bank statement is required.

There are also instructions in packet 3 for the I-134, and they are virtually identical to the packet 4 instructions.

Jim, I think he got ahold of a old 134 application, the old one I had said that you needed supporting evidence for it, and they listed many things that were considered "supporting evidence" However on the new version it did not say it was required, but with HCMC I went ahead and submitted the affidavit that I had my bank draw up. I wanted to dot all my I's and cross all my T's. The old 134 form even required that it be notarized, and the new one did not require that, and I went ahead and had it notarized to be on the safe side. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

tax transcripts and 1040's for past 3 years along with last years w-2, 1099's .... recent pay stubs from months prior to interview and thats all that is really needed... a bank letter is not a big deal IMO... You can take a copy of your recent bank statement to show activity but there is really no need... As long as you have documentation showing that you make the required amount of money (income).. thats all that is needed for the I-134

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

here is the clip from the I-134 instruction sheet....

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial

institutions where you have deposits, identifying the

following details regarding your account:

As the sponsor, you must show you have sufficient income

or financial resources to assure that the alien you are

sponsoring will not become a public charge while in the

United States.

Evidence should consist of copies of any of the

documents listed below that applies to your situation.

Failure to provide evidence of sufficient income or

financial resources may result in the denial of the alien's

application for a visa or his or her removal from the United

States.

You must submit in duplicate evidence of income

and resources, as appropriate:

1. Date account opened;

Supporting Evidence

2. Total amount deposited for the past year; and

3. Present balance.

Edited by wratran

Linh & Ngan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.