CamIrwin

Fiancee visa

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I was on visa journey a couple years ago. I don't know if this is the same forum I have been to Kazan 3 times and have a fiancee now..

I need some help with the K-1 process. Now my fiancee wants to come to US for a couple weeks without her child. Do you know if she can come for 2 weeks on a fiancee visa?

Cam

Hi,

I was on visa journey a couple years ago. I don't know if this is the same forum I have been to Kazan 3 times and have a fiancee now..

I need some help with the K-1 process. Now my fiancee wants to come to US for a couple weeks without her child. Do you know if she can come for 2 weeks on a fiancee visa?

Cam

No would be the answer, the fiance visa is to bring your fiance to the US with the intent to marry them within 90 days of arrival and then file for Adjustment of Status.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Do you know if she can come for 2 weeks on a fiancee visa?

Welcome back...

Can you be more clear about your question? (Do you mean 'Can your fiancé come to visit while waiting for the K-1 Visa?')

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi,

Cam

Well, yes. You can go through the 6-8 month process and she can come for 2 weeks and leave and that is that...finished. You would hten have to apply for another fiancee visa if she wanted to get married and stay. The fiancee visa is not a tourist visa, it is not a work visa and it is not a trial visa. It is for people who have commited in writing to get married and live in the USA.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Technically, there is nothing to stop her leaving after 2 weeks, but the fiancee visa is to come to the USA and get married here, not to visit. You'd be spending a lot of money and time on this... you could try for a tourist visa for her though. These are rarely granted to single young women but as she won't be bringing her daughter, she has good ties back home to return to, so she might get it. Worth a try, and much quicker and cheaper than a fiancee visa throw-away.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Welcome back...

Can you be more clear about your question? (Do you mean 'Can your fiancé come to visit while waiting for the K-1 Visa?')

I thought she needed a K-1 before she came here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

She does need a visa before she enters the United States, but it could be either a K-1 visa or a tourist visa, depending on the intent of her visit. A K-1 visa takes anywhere from an average to 6-8 months to process, and the both of you must marry within 90 days of her arrival in the US with said visa. A tourist visa, however, allows her to visit you for a couple of weeks. But she must return home after wards, and you cannot get married while she is on the tourist visa, as that is immigration fraud. If she is from a VWP (Visa Waiver Program) country, she can visit without a visa, but she must be prepared at POE to prove that she has strong ties back home that she will return to.

Hope that helps!

More information from you could help VJ members answer your questions more adequately too. :)

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency

07/09/2017 - filed N400 online

07/10/2017 - NOA

08/03/2017 - biometrics done

02/20/2018 - interview & oath ceremony

She does need a visa before she enters the United States, but it could be either a K-1 visa or a tourist visa, depending on the intent of her visit. A K-1 visa takes anywhere from an average to 6-8 months to process, and the both of you must marry within 90 days of her arrival in the US with said visa. A tourist visa, however, allows her to visit you for a couple of weeks. But she must return home after wards, and you cannot get married while she is on the tourist visa, as that is immigration fraud. If she is from a VWP (Visa Waiver Program) country, she can visit without a visa, but she must be prepared at POE to prove that she has strong ties back home that she will return to.

Hope that helps!

More information from you could help VJ members answer your questions more adequately too. :)

Looking at your timeline, looks like you are begining the process too. I sent her the G325A forms today, just need her to sign them. Is I-129F next?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Well, I guess that depends on what you've already done. Read the guides and see if you've got everything listed on there.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency

07/09/2017 - filed N400 online

07/10/2017 - NOA

08/03/2017 - biometrics done

02/20/2018 - interview & oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Welcome back...

I think you seriously need to read the guides at the top of the page before you go any further!!!! Sounds like you're confused on the whole process. Take some time out and do some research/reading before going any further and getting yourself into trouble. Knowledge is power!!

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Welcome back...

I think you seriously need to read the guides at the top of the page before you go any further!!!! Sounds like you're confused on the whole process. Take some time out and do some research/reading before going any further and getting yourself into trouble. Knowledge is power!!

I am confused. I paid someone to do it for me, now I can't reach him.

The K-1 visa is really easy, pretty much everyone here's done it themselves.

Just take a look at the guides and the example forms at the top of the page, they're really helpful.

Otherwise, it depends on the area of the US you're in.

You might want to post that so people can suggest something for someone in your area.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Anybody know someone I can trust, to do K-1 visa for me?

Visa Journey's members are primarily the DIY (do it yourself) type(s). Plenty of qualified family-based immigration attorneys out there though (family-based immigration is what you're looking for).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.