Leenie

October 2009 K-1 Visa filers

1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hey guys!

I checked my account and they cashed my check! My NOA1 is Oct. 21st and i guess i have a touch today because it said, last update October 23. YAY! Im excited.

Have a great day like the one I'm having!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey guys!

I checked my account and they cashed my check! My NOA1 is Oct. 21st and i guess i have a touch today because it said, last update October 23. YAY! Im excited.

:thumbs: Woo-Hoo Go Macaroni !!!! :dance:

I have read some recent posts from peeps revieving NOA2s in a little over 30 days from the VSC....... whats up with that !!??!! :angry:

reviewing the August and Sept CSC threads not anyone yet that I noticed.....

Im gonna count on 90 days then start getting super impatient !!! It would be great if we all had our at least by the end of December :thumbs: hehe!!! staying positive!!!!

Now gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogg CSC!!! heh!

Our K-1 Timeline

June 2008 First trip to Manila on business, met Annie

Jan 2009 Second trip to Manila (business again) proposed to my pangaa... engaged!!

Jun 2009 Third trip to Manila (pleasure only)

10-09-09 Mailed I-129F to CSC via USPS

10-13-09 Check cashed, NOA1 dated

10-17-09 NOA1 hardcopy recv'd

01-25-10 NOA2 email approval recieved

01-29-10 NVC recieves application

01-30-10 NOA2 hard copy recieved

02-01-10 NVC sent packet to Manila

02-04-10 Embassy recieves file

02-04-10 NVC hard copy recvd

Hey guys!

:thumbs: Woo-Hoo Go Macaroni !!!! :dance:

I have read some recent posts from peeps revieving NOA2s in a little over 30 days from the VSC....... whats up with that !!??!! :angry:

Gary and Alla is acquaintances with the director at VSC, and apparently he found out from the director that VSC has recently shifted a lot of their employees over to K-1 applications, so that's why they are approving applications so fast.

Congrats on your NOA1, Maraconi!

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys,

Thank you for starting and contribute to this thread! I mailed my petition on October 6th via USPS Express Overnight, and it was received on October 7th, NOA is the same day, check cashed October 9th, and NOA hard copy on hand October 13th. I look forward to report back good news!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

We are new on this site and like you, we are Octoberians! Thanks you for starting this thread as it gives us all some measure of tangibility!

We mailed our petition on Oct. 6th via USPS to CVS since my fiancee is from Michigan, and received our NOA on October 19th. I am from the Philippines and just got back from visiting him this fall.

Am still trying to reconnoiter this site as am not too technologically savvy. Anyway, hope to hear from any of you; any news is good news...good luck and blessings to all of us!

WELCOME tommy4cherry!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for welcoming us...we are so excited to join all of you.

Your baby looks adorable....congratulations.

We would have loved to have children ourselves but Tom and I reconnected after a 35 year separation. It's too late for us now...but seeing your baby has made us very happy today.

God bless you all!

Love & Light,

Tom & Cherry

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys,

Thank you for starting and contribute to this thread! I mailed my petition on October 6th via USPS Express Overnight, and it was received on October 7th, NOA is the same day, check cashed October 9th, and NOA hard copy on hand October 13th. I look forward to report back good news!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

We are new on this site and like you, we are Octoberians! Thanks you for starting this thread as it gives us all some measure of tangibility!

We mailed our petition on Oct. 6th via USPS to CVS since my fiancee is from Michigan, and received our NOA on October 19th. I am from the Philippines and just got back from visiting him this fall.

Am still trying to reconnoiter this site as am not too technologically savvy. Anyway, hope to hear from any of you; any news is good news...good luck and blessings to all of us!

Welcome!! "Octoberians" - I like it :D

________________________________________________________________________________

__

Hi, there!

Glad you like the word "Octoberians"! And we are so glad to be on board this good ship with all of you.

Love & light,

Tom & Cherry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well we finally got everything we needed and posted our packet and they received it at Vermont yesterday !!!!

Wooohoo!!!!!! now the waiting ..... lol ^_^

I married my British Husband strictly for financial purposes. My heart wrote a check and I cashed it. (L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Congratulations on sending off your petition! We here at CSC might not be as lucky as you guys in Vermont with the speed of the process. They do have a VSC October thread started just for you guys. This is the one for the California Service Center.

Congratulations once again! :D

Congratulations on sending off your petition! We here at CSC might not be as lucky as you guys in Vermont with the speed of the process. They do have a VSC October thread started just for you guys. This is the one for the California Service Center.

Congratulations once again! :D

Yes, absolutely everyone is welcome here, California or Vermont, but your experience having your petition filed at Vermont might differ a lot from the rest of ours, because Vermont has been moving pretty fast lately. I recommend the Vermont October thread if you want to get an accurate idea of similar cases to yours, but like I said, we would still love to have you :thumbs:

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi guys,

Just checking in. The VSC is moving soooooooo fast. I hope CSC also moves as fas. I am already getting sooo impatient. Also, I found this resource on another thread--I find it helpful. If you have filed ur timeline on VJ then your on a list and shows u compared to others who have filed.

http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/de....aspxigor's list

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello all,

I love all the excitement on this thread. Reading the comments takes away some of my own I-129F anxiety!

I mailed in the package on 10/22 so I'm expecting to get that NOA1 here soon. That thing took forever to put together, but kind of fun deciding what pictures and what to share about our relationship.

Best of luck to all!

Our Timeline

10/22/09 - I-129F mailed

10/26/09 - Package delivery confirmed

10/26/09 - NOA 1 Date

10/27/09 - Check Cashed

10/31/09 - NOA 1 Hard copy received

1/15/10- Text message from USCIS - approved!

1/19/10 - Hard Copy NOA 2 received

~some rescheduling and a petition extension granted

6/15/10 - Visa approved in Rio

Timeline
Hello all,

I love all the excitement on this thread. Reading the comments takes away some of my own I-129F anxiety!

I mailed in the package on 10/22 so I'm expecting to get that NOA1 here soon. That thing took forever to put together, but kind of fun deciding what pictures and what to share about our relationship.

Best of luck to all!

Welcome Mitch and Bruna !!

:thumbs: Glad your package was recieved successfully!!!!!

Go California ! Go Go go gogogo go............. I have my good luck idol out on my desk now!!! maybe ill use it to type and mouse click with :rofl:

.....I have noticed a few 2 month approvals on the top of Igors list...... Weeeeeeeeeeeeee heres hoping for a NOA2 in my X-mas stocking

Edited by jhay

Our K-1 Timeline

Jan 2009 Second trip to Manila (business again) proposed to my pangaa... engaged!!

Hello all,

Best of luck to all!

Welcome Mitch and Bruna !!

:thumbs: Glad your package was recieved successfully!!!!!

Go California ! Go Go go gogogo go............. I have my good luck idol out on my desk now!!! maybe ill use it to type and mouse click with :rofl:

.....I have noticed a few 2 month approvals on the top of Igors list...... Weeeeeeeeeeeeee heres hoping for a NOA2 in my X-mas stocking

Hi Everyone! AWESOME THREAD! :thumbs:

We are "Octoberians" as well! I sent my I-129F package to the CSC on October 21 via UPS nextday air. The package was received and signed by LOU on October 22 @ 9:41am. Unfortunately, USCIS hasn't cashed my check yet :unsure: . -- maybe because it was the weekend???

How long does it usually take them to cash a check? I'm getting a little anxious :blink: (as most of you probably are)...

Go California! and best of luck to all of us! :dance:

Our K-1 Visa Journey

2009-10-21 : I-129F Sent

2009-10-23 : I-129F NOA1

2010-01-19 : RFE Hard Copy Received

2010-01-22 : RFE Reply Received by CSC

2010-01-29 : I-129F NOA2

2010-02-04 : NVC Received

2010-02-09 : NVC Left

2010-02-12 : Consulate Received (per DHL website)

2010-02-21 : Interview Scheduled for March 15

2010-02-22 : Packet Received From USEM (Eligibility to Schedule an Interview)

2010-03-02 : Medical Exam

2010-03-15 : Interview APPROVED

2010-03-17 : Visa Picked-up at the USEM

2010-03-19 : CFO Seminar

2010-03-24 : POE - LAX

2010-04-08 : Applied for SSN

2010-04-16 : SSN Received

2010-06-08 : Married

Our AOS Journey

2010-07-09 : AOS Package Sent

2010-07-16 : NOA1 (I-485, I-765 and I-131)

2010-07-26 : Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

2010-08-05 : Biometrics Completed

2010-08-12 : Interview Appointment Letter Received

2010-09-03 : I-512L, Authorization for Parole Received

2010-09-08 : EAD Card Received

2010-09-15 : AOS Interview APPROVED

2010-09-25 : GC Received

Our ROC Journey

2012-07-06 : ROC Package Sent

2012-07-09 : I-751 NOA1

2012-07-18 : Bio Appt Letter Received (for 8/7)

2012-07-25 : Rescheduled Bio Appt Letter Received (for 8/20)

2012-08-20 : Biometrics Completed

2013-03-01 : APPROVED

I have noticed that, too! I wouldn't mind receiving that gift!

We are "Octoberians" as well! I sent my I-129F package to the CSC on October 21 via UPS nextday air. The package was received and signed by LOU on October 22 @ 9:41am. Unfortunately, USCIS hasn't cashed my check yet :unsure: . -- maybe because it was the weekend???

How long does it usually take them to cash a check? I'm getting a little anxious :blink: (as most of you probably are)...

It took about a week for my check to be cashed, and I was getting a little nervous, too. Yours should be cashed soon!

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

Timeline

Welcome aboard LeoLaLit !!!

Our K-1 Timeline

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi Everyone! AWESOME THREAD! :thumbs:

Welcome LeoLaLit

You sent your package in a day before me - I bet they are cashing your check now or the bank has cashed it and just hasn't put it on your bank statement yet! Mine cashed yesterday but didn't show up until this morning..

Our Timeline

10/22/09 - I-129F mailed

10/26/09 - Package delivery confirmed

10/26/09 - NOA 1 Date

10/27/09 - Check Cashed

10/31/09 - NOA 1 Hard copy received

1/15/10- Text message from USCIS - approved!

1/19/10 - Hard Copy NOA 2 received

~some rescheduling and a petition extension granted

6/15/10 - Visa approved in Rio

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.