zenki_james

feeling homesick...need jobs online

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hola!!! we've been their last month!! SF is a nice place... :thumbs:

u really don't have to wait for six months. if u arrive here in US plan ahead for ur wedding so a week after wedding u cud file for ur AOS together with the EAD. In my case we had the wedding 1 wik after i arrived then when we had at hand our marrieage certification i filed for my SSN with my husband's last name already so u dont have to return again and change ur last name. But until now Im still stuck up here at home coz i still have to wait for the reciprocity of my license from california. So is any one here in the VJ that from ILLINOIS near Chicago site who could help me get a part time job so I could have an extra income... ;)

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Are you an artist/designer? You could try this: http://www.crowdspring.com/ However you'll need to determine if you can legally participate without EAD. The idea behind crowdspring is that your not selling a service but a product and payments are through paypal. Expect to do it for fun and development because you'll earn very little through it.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have TFC but I still enjoy these sites for Filipino shows... check out the links I have for you...

http://www.pinoyonline.tv/2009/07/kapamily...ng-abs-cbn.html

http://dapeke.co.nr/

http://hubtvonline.blogspot.com/search/lab...;max-results=20

Good luck and have fun... that will take some of your time....

thanks for all the responses...yah i know i am not yet legitimate to work now i just feel bored thats y. i am here in corpus christi, texas
Edited by Hunnybaby

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is my third week in Napa Valley and it is a very quite and slow compared to the other big cities. Finding a job in my field will take time thats for sure.

I took up a nursing training (CNA) for the time being and did a CPR and First Aid classes at a hospital, and i got another upcoming training as a volunteer worker for a government funded organization down here in Napa. Well, you could do a lot of things and internet is the best source to do so. Although I must admit that transportation is one of my daily ordeal, however I am taking the advantage of the weather, so I have to walk for about a mile to the bus stop (back and forth). This is a big challenge for me and I have to start from scratch and I wouldn't mind doing it. It just take courage and determination.

Check daily classified ads for an opportunity, calling them is not gonna harm at all. Wish you all the best girl.

Godspeed.

Rose and Dan

Proposed: 08/08/08

Married: January 21, 2009

CR-1 Visa Journey:

I-130 Journey

02/09/2009:Sent

02/13/2009:NOA1 Receipt

NO RFE

03/13/2009: NOA2 Receipt "APPROVED AT USCIS in 28 days"

03/16/2009: FORWARDED TO NVC

04/21/2009: NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED MNLXXXXX

04/24/2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 by email

04/25/2009: Paid AOS/I-864 online

04/25/2009: Emailed DS 3032

04/28/2009: Received Payment Receipt for AOS/I-864

04/29/2009: Mailed barcoded DS3032/AOS/I-864

04/30/2009: NVC received I-864

05/01/2009: DS3032 accepted as per AVR

05/04/2009: Paid IV Bill

05/05/2009: IV Bill Receipt

06/09/2009: CFO Seminar

07/10/2009: Sent DS230

07/11/2009: NVC Received DS 230

07/22/2009:Case completed at NVC (thank GOD no RFE)

08/11/2009: Medical Passed (SLMEC)

09/11/2009: Interview PASSED

09/16/2009: Visa Received

09/26/2009: US Entry (POE SFO) "It was quick i was out in 20 minutes"

10/05/2009: SS# Received by Mail

10/13/2009: Green Card and Welcome Notice Received

10/20/2009: Applied for California ID

10/30/2009: Ca ID received

"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities". Rose and Dan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
working for money is illegal at the moment - but here's some other things you can do, will assist in local job search, plus make some new friends.

1. volunteer somewhere, I suggest hospital or church. There's a huge Catholic Church in CC, you should at least call them.

2. become a member of a local toastmasters club - see www.toastmasters.org and find a local club. I'm not suggesting any language issues, but it's a great place to meet people who are working, and you can ask them if there's any openings in the next year. Make an impression on someone there? they will remember you later, make small recommendation to the boss.

3. volunteer with the chamber of commerce - either in the office or at some events.

Good Luck !

Pardon - I just realized what I wrote might not make any sense to you, at all. I wrote using Texan English, which I think yer husband can understand.

Do yourself a favor - print out what I wrote, show it to him, get his input?

Warmest Regards..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You can do medical research testing, it can pay pretty good

Probably don't need a GC or EAD to do it

I have done it in the past, they don't ask for SSN. They just cut you check after you finish each test.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You can do medical research testing, it can pay pretty good

Probably don't need a GC or EAD to do it

I have done it in the past, they don't ask for SSN. They just cut you check after you finish each test.

and where/how do we start for that?

I-130 Journey

04-18-09 - I-130 sent USPS Priority to Chicago Lockbox

04-24-09 - I-130 received by USCS and the first touch

04-27-09 - I-130 NOA1 (California Service Center)

04-27-09 - Check Cashed

08-13-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 e-mail

08-17-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

NVC Journey

08-17-09 - NVC Received/Case number assigned

09-08-09 - NVC sent the first mail to the petitioner

09-08-09 - DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated

09-08-09 - E-mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Pay AOS Bill (Online)

09-10-09 - AOS Bill Show as PAID

09-10-09 - IV Bill Generated

09-11-09 - Paid IV Bill

09-11-09 - NVC accepted DS-3032(received an e-mail)

09-12-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

09-14-09 - IV Bill Show as PAID

09-15-09 - I-864 received at NVC

09-16-09 - Mailed IV Package(DS-230)

09-17-09 - DS-230 package delivered to NVC(confirmed via fed-ex)

09-21-09 - NVC received the DS-230

09-23-09 - NVC sent an e-mail asking for DS-230 package

09-24-09 - NVC confirmed that the DS-230 package received

09-26-09 - Login Failed!!!

09-28-09 - Case Completed at NVC --------------------------------------------------NVC stage is completed in 38 days

01-27-10 - Medical

02-05-10 - Interview Date

04-14-10 - POE

Done with USCIS until Apr 14,2012 (Removal of Conditions)

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey zenki - any news? Any updates? What did you decide to do, finally?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hola!!! we've been their last month!! SF is a nice place... :thumbs:

u really don't have to wait for six months. if u arrive here in US plan ahead for ur wedding so a week after wedding u cud file for ur AOS together with the EAD. In my case we had the wedding 1 wik after i arrived then when we had at hand our marrieage certification i filed for my SSN with my husband's last name already so u dont have to return again and change ur last name. But until now Im still stuck up here at home coz i still have to wait for the reciprocity of my license from california. So is any one here in the VJ that from ILLINOIS near Chicago site who could help me get a part time job so I could have an extra income... ;)

HI.im from Chicago,Il i came here last jan.26

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I'm here since 21st of October and I'm not bored at all. I read a lot. In the past 3-4 years I didn't had time to read what I wanted so now I can.

They have really good library's here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.