zenki_james

feeling homesick...need jobs online

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi i just got here in the states last october 3...and i feel a little bored. im trying to look on the yahoo,-ebay and google if what are the trusted site for online home jobs but im afraid in filling up forms becoz of so many untrusted sites. was somebody among the vj members experiencing now this kind of a work? i just dont wanna waste my time laying on my bed and sleeping the whole day...thanks for reading my post and its a pleasure from me to hear any feedbacks....

hi i just got here in the states last october 3...and i feel a little bored. im trying to look on the yahoo,-ebay and google if what are the trusted site for online home jobs but im afraid in filling up forms becoz of so many untrusted sites. was somebody among the vj members experiencing now this kind of a work? i just dont wanna waste my time laying on my bed and sleeping the whole day...thanks for reading my post and its a pleasure from me to hear any feedbacks....

In my opinions. Most online or work at home jobs are scams

More than likely you are not legally able to work, if you just arrived via K1

You gonna have about 6 months being bored with little to nothing to do, but it just a small price you must pay. Don't worry one day you will be working all the time and wish you could be bored.

What I see is many girls arrive in USA, and get pregnant within the first year.

Enjoy USA and life and your husband and freedom for a few years, and then make a plan about a children.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Exactly what I have in mind, my wife is my petitioner and I am wondering once I get there in the States.

Difinitely it's not that easy to find job, and I am starting to visualized the scenario of staying in the house the whole day.

What I have in mind is to make a plan walking the streets of San Francisco,visiting places ,like Fisherman's wharf, Alcatraz Island especially Golden Gate bridge to make my time pass by until I have the right time to look for a job.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Exactly what I have in mind, my wife is my petitioner and I am wondering once I get there in the States.

Difinitely it's not that easy to find job, and I am starting to visualized the scenario of staying in the house the whole day.

What I have in mind is to make a plan walking the streets of San Francisco,visiting places ,like Fisherman's wharf, Alcatraz Island especially Golden Gate bridge to make my time pass by until I have the right time to look for a job.

Keep yourself busy and tour. If you can get your driver licenses in California before having to have EAD or GC then get it and it will give you some freedom.

As far as lining up a job, it's rather easy in the USA.

Compared to the Philippines it very very easy.......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dont worry girl, you are not alone :) I got here last august.

Where you at? Im in Houston Texas maybe youre one of my neighbor so get out of the house and be friendly :)

Cheers!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I agree with the others that many work-at-home jobs are scams, so do be careful. I do know some people who do medical transcription or billing from home, but usually you need training for that. Another option is those selling parties (Pampered Chef, Avon etc); some are scams, but there are also legit ones out there and it would be a good incentive for you to meet other people. I myself work from home, I write for a UK based magazine (doesn't pay like a full time job, but good for a bit of extra money and the diversion)- you could see if your local newspaper back home might be interested in "Stories from the USA".

One minor thing: are you allowed to work yet? As a K1 who has just arrived, I mean...

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Dont worry girl, you are not alone :) I got here last august.

Where you at? Im in Houston Texas maybe youre one of my neighbor so get out of the house and be friendly :)

Cheers!

lucky for u if ur indeed neighbors.... texas has pretty much of pinays there... got in here for a month now and am yet to meet any kbayan to hang around with... :crying:

K1 Visa

01-31-2009 I-129F to USCIS-CSC

02-19-2009 NOA1

03-24-2009 NOA2

06-21-2009 Medical(The Polyclinic, Dubai UAE)

06-28-2009 Interview @ USE AD (approved)

07-01-2009 Visa ready for pick up @ USE AD

07-07-2009 went to pick up my visa (ready 2 fly)

=

09-11-2009 POE-SFO(no questions asked,just a reminder 2 get marry within 90 days)

=

09-28-2009 applied for SSN at Sac., Ca(no hassle)

10-05-2009 received SSN card on mail

11-04-2009 applied for marriage license @ Sacramento County, Ca

11-18-2009 married (marriage certificate on hand-same day)

11-25-2009 I-693 signed by CS(MMR-$70, Vericella-$70, I-693 Form- $15)

=

12-23-2009 mailed AOS to USCIS, Chicago Lockbox (FedEx)

12-28-2009 recvd by USCIS

01-04-2010 check cashed by USCIS

01-08-2010 received NOA1 (I-797C) for I-485, I-765 and I-131

01-11-2010 recvd ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics

01-25-2010 Biometrics Appointment- West Sac, CA

**alls well @ Biometrics-less than 20 mins.

03-04-2010 recvd notice for AOS interview date

03-04-2010 EAD card production ordered (online notice)

03-08-2010 AP (I-512L) approved-recvd in mail (dated 3/2/10)

03-11-2010 EAD recvd on mail

04-06-2010 AOS interview, APPROVED! Bye USCIS til 2012- Sac, CA

04-15-2010 GC Welcome letter received fr mail

04-16-2010 GC recvd on the mail (Yiihaa!!!)

=

03-08-2012 ROC I-751 mailed to CSC via USPS Priority Mail

03-12-2012 ROC recvd by CSC

03-12-2012 NOA1 (revd on mail 03/19/12)

03-15-2012 ROC check cashed

"Thank you to God and to VJ"

Maybe you can do volunteer work in the church close to your place. You can fix and introduce little changes in the house, play farmtown or farmville or those zynga games lol. That's what I do if I am bored. We don't have TFC so I just watch news back home in youtube. Have a pet at home that you can train or cuddle, buy some cheap books that might interest you or start doing foreign recipes. I am not working but my husband told me that he didn't notice any boredom in me. I said it's just a matter of getting busy with something in the house. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
thanks for all the responses...yah i know i am not yet legitimate to work now i just feel bored thats y. i am here in corpus christi, texas

Is that's the case I wouldn't be filling in ANY applications, online, or otherwise. Find some volunteering work nearby. It's a good way to get to know the area and people. Plus when you DO look for a job (legally!) you'll have something to put on your CV for the last 3 month in addition to "I sat around the house watching Cops" :devil:

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

I don't mean this to sound harsh. You've only been here just over a week.. seriously, you have a while before you can work yet. It's usually at least 2 months after you've married and applied for your green card until you can legally work.

I wouldn't try applying to anything but volunteer positions. I've been here for 4 months and am ready to do something now. I tried to do volunteering, but had problems with travel, so am waiting for my EAD card so I can apply to "real jobs" in the city.

Enjoy your new home and wife.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

working for money is illegal at the moment - but here's some other things you can do, will assist in local job search, plus make some new friends.

1. volunteer somewhere, I suggest hospital or church. There's a huge Catholic Church in CC, you should at least call them.

2. become a member of a local toastmasters club - see www.toastmasters.org and find a local club. I'm not suggesting any language issues, but it's a great place to meet people who are working, and you can ask them if there's any openings in the next year. Make an impression on someone there? they will remember you later, make small recommendation to the boss.

3. volunteer with the chamber of commerce - either in the office or at some events.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.