Angel Eyes Yuseef

International calling cards

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My question is very off subject, but being my fiance is in Morocco, you guys would be the ones to answer me. I am looking for a international card for my fiance, not me. The telephone rates there are so bad. If he gets my voice mail on my phone that is it, his money on his phone is gone. And becasue he is not working at this point in time he can not even call me, just can not afford the 15 dirhams a minute. And recently the phone comp has not been running any deals. So I was wondering if you guys know of any international calling cards they can use in morocco to help be able to call out of morocco and not cost so much. I have looked but not been able to find what i am looking for, besides a AT&t calling card. What do your fiances and husbands do while waiting to come to the US and call you???? Should i just get a magic jack, i know that is a choice.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello

send him a magic Jack if he has internet at home. He can hook it up online and it works like a charm

Edited by MoroccanInTexas

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

hello

send him a magic Jack if he has internet at home. He can hook it up online and it works like a charm

:thumbs: Magic Jack is the best option.

Use the forum search and type in Magic Jack...you will see tons on this topic plus the best way to send it to him (if you can't take it there on a trip).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah, MagicJack would be ideal if you can get it to him.

If not an option, there is always skype, which is free computer to computer.

Also, if he is calling you on a fixed phone, not your cell phone, a 20-dirham telecarte could give you some brief, but not too brief talk time. (Only problem is that he would have to call you from a public phone in the street. Not fun...)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

My question is very off subject, but being my fiance is in Morocco, you guys would be the ones to answer me. I am looking for a international card for my fiance, not me. The telephone rates there are so bad. If he gets my voice mail on my phone that is it, his money on his phone is gone. And becasue he is not working at this point in time he can not even call me, just can not afford the 15 dirhams a minute. And recently the phone comp has not been running any deals. So I was wondering if you guys know of any international calling cards they can use in morocco to help be able to call out of morocco and not cost so much. I have looked but not been able to find what i am looking for, besides a AT&t calling card. What do your fiances and husbands do while waiting to come to the US and call you???? Should i just get a magic jack, i know that is a choice.

Are call logs a concern for you in showing them as evidence of a bonafide, ongoing relationship? I know many poo-poo the use of call logs here, but I like them, so I gladly pay my cable company a little more to get a professional call log delivered to my door each month. No worries, no mad scrambling to print it all out just B4 interview. Good luck!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can someone do a recap of the MagicJack with me again? I read it a while back, but making sure I understand it completely before I buy it. Im thinking of sending one to my fiance in the next week or so. Someone told me that when I get the majicjack to set it up with a U.S. local phone number. 1. Can I choose the number myself? And so when I send it to him he can call me by just dialing (example) 318-555-5555 and thats it???? It is that simple? Im thinking ahead of time, of him being approved and giving it to his family so they can call him anytime. So if they can call him here in the U.S., and the call a cell number,.... there are NO fees that his family would pay by calling a cell number? Just want to make sure.. know we been over this before but I swear I have the memory of a gnat!

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Can someone do a recap of the MagicJack with me again? I read it a while back, but making sure I understand it completely before I buy it. Im thinking of sending one to my fiance in the next week or so. Someone told me that when I get the majicjack to set it up with a U.S. local phone number. 1. Can I choose the number myself? And so when I send it to him he can call me by just dialing (example) 318-555-5555 and thats it???? It is that simple? Im thinking ahead of time, of him being approved and giving it to his family so they can call him anytime. So if they can call him here in the U.S., and the call a cell number,.... there are NO fees that his family would pay by calling a cell number? Just want to make sure.. know we been over this before but I swear I have the memory of a gnat!

I'm thinking magic jack too. Any calling card is going to be expensive any way you go. I just want to know the best way to get it to him. All boxs have been opened my customs i have sent. So far he has recieved the things i have gotten him. I am think the post is not the best way to send it.

I'm thinking magic jack too. Any calling card is going to be expensive any way you go. I just want to know the best way to get it to him. All boxs have been opened my customs i have sent. So far he has recieved the things i have gotten him. I am think the post is not the best way to send it.

Wow that post came out really bad, i sounded like my fiance. lol

Timeline

Hello!

We bought the MagicJack for our family in Morocco and it works great! Wish I would have thought about it when my husband was there!! :wacko:

As long as he has a PC, you set up the Magic Jack here, assign the phone number and send it to him...very user friendly!

Good Luck!!

Me py question is very off subject, but being my fiance is in Morocco, you guys would be the ones to answer me. I am looking for a international card for my fiance, not me. The telephone rates there are so bad. If he gets my voice mail on my phone that is it, his money on his phone is gone. And becasue he is not working at this point in time he can not even call me, just can not afford the 15 dirhams a minute. And recently the phone comp has not been running any deals. So I was wondering if you guys know of any international calling cards they can use in morocco to help be able to call out of morocco and not cost so much. I have looked but not been able to find what i am looking for, besides a AT&t calling card. What do your fiances and husbands do while waiting to come to the US and call you???? Should i just get a magic jack, i know that is a choice.

Timeline

We did the whole magic jack thing, but someone dropped it on the floor and it broke. So we just use msn or skype. We also have a code for calling. I got the international calling plan through T-mobile and if his family needs to talk to him ASAP, they call my cell let it ring twice and I call them back. Let me tell you I find the International calling plan quite helpful because we also have friends in other countries and I doesn't cut you off 5 minutes short of the time you are supposed to have. Anyway, good luck on the search!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about you google "magic jack"? How did my immigrant husband navigate his way to the store, ask questions, buy a magic jack and send it to Egypt all without anyone's help and you can't even google it?

On top of it all, no one gets as much as a thank you from you once you've gotten your answers.

OH and before you say anything about the state of my hormones...they're ship shape. I'm a younger woman haven't gone through the change yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
How about you google "magic jack"? How did my immigrant husband navigate his way to the store, ask questions, buy a magic jack and send it to Egypt all without anyone's help and you can't even google it?

On top of it all, no one gets as much as a thank you from you once you've gotten your answers.

OH and before you say anything about the state of my hormones...they're ship shape. I'm a younger woman haven't gone through the change yet.

No, wasnt going to say anything about your hormones actually... Just pretty much thinking you were just a b_t_h that couldnt control yourself. But thats ok... I understand people like you. No other explanation from yourself needed. You pretty much explain yourself. ta ta! :dance:

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

No, wasnt going to say anything about your hormones actually... Just pretty much thinking you were just a b_t_h that couldnt control yourself. But thats ok... I understand people like you. No other explanation from yourself needed. You pretty much explain yourself. ta ta! :dance:

boy you sure told her. :rolleyes:

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Snarky comments and insults add nothing to the conversation. If you cannot refrain from making snide comments instead of simply answering a question, then it would be better not to post.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Nice to see things haven't changed one bit since I stopped coming on here everyday!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.