MouadsWife

? About Costs, Mailing Proof and Docs for Interview!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Im not sure the best place for this post, I put it on the main board, but wondering if I should put it here too... so I did! Our interview is in December, and have acquired so much to send as far as proof for the interview. And actually, I think I do have a oak tree of chat logs and emails! BUT... to save money on shipping costs I was thinking of not sending the emails and chat logs. And only the forms and the pictures and phone records. I have about 5 lbs of paperwork I think, maybe more...and to send that, using (United States Postal Service) usps gauranteed mail will be about $200.00. So thought about cutting back on those and just not sending them to save money. Can I get some thoughts on this? I thought maybe uscis would have send 'all' of it to Casablanca. Chat logs and phones records is pretty much what weighs the most!

What I had planed for my fiance to take to the interview is this:

1. Requested forms (that I am filling out for him)

2. I-134 Aff of Support (Just in case its requested)

3. Pictures

4. Should I send proof again from when I was there? Plane tickets?????? Just thought of this....

5. Chat logs... 1 chat per month for last year and a half

6. Emails

7. Copies of letter mailed to him, and from his he has mailed to me.

8. Phone records

Usps International gauranteed mail to send 7lbs of papers is $214.00, and will get there within 3 bussiness days. Standard International is about $66.00 for 10lbs but its not gauranteed and will get there within 10 bussiness days. Im really afraid to send it standard mail. Im afraid its going to get lost and it will be hard to get the signed letters from employement,e tc, again for the affidavit support. Sooooo.... with the above question, does anyone also have any advice on best economical way to ship thats pretty much gauranteed. Thanks!

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

For the interview, other than the required stuff, I sent him one SHORT chat log from each month we'd been talking, as well as the last 3 months of cell phone records, copies of my passport showing the entry/exit stamps, the itinerary for the trip we had planned after the interview, copies of the itineraries for previous trips, a letter to him from my mom, and one from my sister. He had lots of photos printed and took those in a small photo album (which i've heard is not recommended, because it may not fit under the window, but his fit ok). he also had a photo my daughter had drawn him. all the CO ended up wanting to do was look at the photos in the photo album and ask questions about it, so i could've saved some money by not sending so much, but i don't regret it.

Im not sure the best place for this post, I put it on the main board, but wondering if I should put it here too... so I did! Our interview is in December, and have acquired so much to send as far as proof for the interview. And actually, I think I do have a oak tree of chat logs and emails! BUT... to save money on shipping costs I was thinking of not sending the emails and chat logs. And only the forms and the pictures and phone records. I have about 5 lbs of paperwork I think, maybe more...and to send that, using (United States Postal Service) usps gauranteed mail will be about $200.00. So thought about cutting back on those and just not sending them to save money. Can I get some thoughts on this? I thought maybe uscis would have send 'all' of it to Casablanca. Chat logs and phones records is pretty much what weighs the most!

What I had planed for my fiance to take to the interview is this:

1. Requested forms (that I am filling out for him)

2. I-134 Aff of Support (Just in case its requested)

3. Pictures

4. Should I send proof again from when I was there? Plane tickets?????? Just thought of this....

6. Emails

8. Phone records

Usps International gauranteed mail to send 7lbs of papers is $214.00, and will get there within 3 bussiness days. Standard International is about $66.00 for 10lbs but its not gauranteed and will get there within 10 bussiness days. Im really afraid to send it standard mail. Im afraid its going to get lost and it will be hard to get the signed letters from employement,e tc, again for the affidavit support. Sooooo.... with the above question, does anyone also have any advice on best economical way to ship thats pretty much gauranteed. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Maybe you can email some of these documents to him and he can print them out.

How is the mail service in Morocco?

Everytime I send something to Jordan, I send it DHL or Fed ex. I have them hold it at the office. When it arrives, they call my husband and he picks it up.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline
Maybe you can email some of these documents to him and he can print them out.

How is the mail service in Morocco?

Everytime I send something to Jordan, I send it DHL or Fed ex. I have them hold it at the office. When it arrives, they call my husband and he picks it up.

He seems to get my letters and cards ok without any problems. Takes about 2 weeks for it to get there. But once I sent him a birthday present in a box... it cost more to ship it than his present cost.. and it never arrived! Customs probably had a blast with it! So I worry about anything that is larger than a small envelope. How much did you spend on DHL and FedEx? Just to give me an idea. I should be mailing my papers this week sometime.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

This last time, I had to send the package Fed-ex because the DHL had closed. It seems it was about 86.00 for almost 3lbs. I was surprised because it had gone down in price. Morocco's pricing will be different because it is a different country. Take your stuff and ask them. You don't have anything to lose. Oh, and I also paid for the quicker service.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is way less expensive and more reliable to scan and email chat logs. He can have them printed there. Originally I sent him one chat every 2 to 4 weeks, but then I found a way to print only the days and times we chatted rather than the actual chat. I really didn't feel comfortable letting them read our personal conversations, but of course I would if it meant him getting the visa. They never really looked at them anyway.

And yes, send your proof of your visit again. Send it all. If they want to see it they will ask, if not they won't. But at least he has it just in case.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

do like we did , send him a phone bills, and you can put the pix and the conversation in CD or Flash driver and send it to him an dthat way he can print the stuff over there in morocco and all that wont cost you too much ,,, use just United States Postal Service ,they wont be lost

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i will tell you what we did and i guess its more cheaper , for sure you field you forms on pc so same for chat log and phone record if you have access to your account online so it will be easy to print out what do you need so the only thing would be sending via fedex is the letters and the tickets and wouldn't be that much i guess will be around 50 :60$ so about the rest you can send it to him online and all he will do just printing it , wish it would help you and good luck

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage : 2008-03-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-06

TOUCHED : 2008-31-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-1-1

.png

Timeline

Im wondering if the tax transcripts will actually help me. Last year I only worked 8 months out of the year so did not meet the income requirement. And the years before that I filed with my ex and I did not work then. But... I do have a sponsor so I guess she could request transcripts. And so you say its free?? Thanks for all the advice!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Scan everything and upload your pictures if possible to a website he can download them from and have them printed at a photo place there. That way you eliminate the need to mail anything!

Scan everything and upload your pictures if possible to a website he can download them from and have them printed at a photo place there. That way you eliminate the need to mail anything!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3. Pictures

6. Emails

8. Phone records

Salaam...

Yes, to all of the above...

Send it all. Also, send copies of your passport with exit & entry stamps. Hotel receipts, plane tix, whatever you have, whatever you can think of... best to be over prepared than under.

If there is any way for him to print out the chats & e-mails... that's great, too.

i would NOT rely on US Postal Service to get these important docs there. Even if you've had some success in the past, there is no guarantee. FedEx & DHL should be fine... might cost you a penny, but well worth it.

Good luck! :thumbs:

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

get the tax transcripts asap even though you are using a cosponsor you still need to show your proof of income, if they even ask for the AOS :unsure: go to irs.gov and you'll see it in the FAQ's i think. There's a form and you just fill it out then fax it to them.. or you can call. I got mine in a week or so if i remember right.

As far as all the proof... You can just do screen shots of the chats and emails and email them to him, have him print them out there. thats what we did and it looks like a few others as well. why spend 200+ bucks when he can print everything out for like 10-20 at the VERY most,depending on how much you have? :)

You can mail the pics and other docs showing bonofides. I just took screen shots showing daily chat dates and the same with daily emails (just shows the to/from and title with date. Then you can choose a few from each month of chats and emails that you can print in full. He can do the screen shots showing his outbox as well.

good luck.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.