Seb928s

Does Form DS 230 have to be filled out

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

As the topic states. I heard that its for immigration visa's and an K1 Fiance visa is consider non immigration visa. I just wanna know everything before we get our NOA2 approval so that once the ebassy gets the case we can work on it asap. Thanks in advance this website has been a lot of help already.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You're right the K1 is a non immigrant visa, but when it comes to your interview and the paperwork that comes with it you are treated as an immigrant. So, yes, I will have to fill out the DS230 - at least I had to. Might be different in your country. Best bet, wait for you P3 and follow their instructions. Good luck!

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

form is used at the embassy/consulate level, so moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Does Part I or both parts need to be filled out. I know you fill out part one but what do you do with the other part? Is it not needed for a K1 Visa?

You'll get specific instructions from the consulate, but usually only part 1 needs to be submitted to the consulate before the interview. Part 2 is usually brought to the interview, filled out but NOT signed. It is signed in front of the consular officer at the interview.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On the form question 44. "Were you assisted in completing this application?" If I filled this form out for my fiancée do I put my information there?

Yes.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

If it's Poland and the Warsaw embassy - yes you do have to complete DS 230 Part 1 - best have it ready for when you get the confirmation letter.

From my experience I would reccomend printing it out (the one attached to the embassy letter is a very bad copy) and sending it back.

Once this is done give them a ring and confirm you have sent it, that you have all forms ready etc - this should get you an earlier interview date.

Our Timeline: Tanya and Chris

event.png

event.png

Met online: 2005

Met in Iceland: 2006

Engaged: 2008

I-129F Sent : 2009-04-10

I-129F NOA1 : NOA1 RECEIVED IN MAIL April 16, 2009

I-129F RFE : 28-07-2009

RFE Reply sent : 31-07-2009

RFE Reply confirmed : 12-08-2009

I-129F NOA2 : 01-09-2009

NVC Received : 04-09-2009

NVC Left : 09-09-2009

Consulate Received : 11-09-2009

Packet 3 Received : 16-09-2009

Packet 3 Sent : 21-09-2009

Packet 4 Received : 25-09-2009

Interview Date : 29-10-2009

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.