Barry as been awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

268 posts in this topic

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I still can't believe this news today :blink: I hope when morning comes this will have been a nightmare because that's the direction our country is heading ~ right down the toilet with Obama at the helm :unsure:

And you batting cleanup.

Of course, SOMEONE has to ~ I'll help him clean up and pack his bags right out of DC :dance:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

I can't figure out if they are mocking him, trying to control him, or if they have that liberal disease where when they see a minority they subconsciously lower their expectations, pat themselves on the back for celebrating minimum standards of said, swell with self-pride and think of themselves as being oh so tolerant. (Isn't that word so appropriate for this affliction.)

I'm hoping that they are just trying to control him, but I'm afraid it may be that most insidious form of racism, the "tolerance" disease. I sort of doubt they are trying to mock him, but who knows, maybe their anti-American feelings trump their "tolerance" tendancies.

Regardless, I think Obama has handled this awkward situation well so far. Kudos to him.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

This is how President Obama responded to the award announcement, Can we all get along for AMERICA SAKE

This morning, Michelle and I awoke to some surprising and humbling news. At 6 a.m., we received word that I'd been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009.

To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who've been honored by this prize -- men and women who've inspired me and inspired the entire world through their courageous pursuit of peace.

But I also know that throughout history the Nobel Peace Prize has not just been used to honor specific achievement; it's also been used as a means to give momentum to a set of causes.

That is why I've said that I will accept this award as a call to action, a call for all nations and all peoples to confront the common challenges of the 21st century. These challenges won't all be met during my presidency, or even my lifetime. But I know these challenges can be met so long as it's recognized that they will not be met by one person or one nation alone.

This award -- and the call to action that comes with it -- does not belong simply to me or my administration; it belongs to all people around the world who have fought for justice and for peace. And most of all, it belongs to you, the men and women of America, who have dared to hope and have worked so hard to make our world a little better.

So today we humbly recommit to the important work that we've begun together. I'm grateful that you've stood with me thus far, and I'm honored to continue our vital work in the years to come.

Thank you,

President Barack Obama

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Another sign of the lowering of standards across the globe.

You could always jump off, you know.

My standards are higher than yours or the folks with Nobel, so sue me.

I will nominate you next year VW, we all know you are nothing if not a uniter, brimming with good cheer and great idea's for the good of all humanity.

I can talk as good a game as Barry, who attended a racist church for more than 20 years, married and raised his children there, who considered his racist pastor to be like a father to him until he threw him under the bus for campaign expediancy.

I can pose as a a lover of justice, as much as Barry can, as he pressures the Honduran government to reinstate a president who was correctly removed from office for trying to subvert the Constitution so he could extent his presidency beyond the limits of the law.

I am certainly far more peaceful then a president who secretly approves continued rendition while openly deploring torture. I can talk about how we have imposed our will on other nations after authorizing bombing by drones over Pakistan.

All I need is the happy face, broad smile and bluster, while I do what I denounce, and I, too, could be a winner.

Timeline
i hear you... When i think of Nobel Peace Prize i think of lifetime dedication and active works toward peace and making the world a better place, i.e., MLK, Rigoberta Menchu Tum, the Dalai Lama...

Barry dissed the Dalai Lama this week so as not to upset China, the communist nation that he's selling our country to at bargain basement prices.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i hear you... When i think of Nobel Peace Prize i think of lifetime dedication and active works toward peace and making the world a better place, i.e., MLK, Rigoberta Menchu Tum, the Dalai Lama...

Barry dissed the Dalai Lama this week so as not to upset China, the communist nation that he's selling our country to at bargain basement prices.

:unsure:Really?

Missed that this week... but have been trying to avoid the news in general lately! (how sad is that?)

Edited by AlHayatZween

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Timeline

No, not really. This is just typical RWN speak.

Timeline

Missed that this week... but have been trying to avoid the news in general lately! (how sad is that?)

It's true, indeed. Puppy dog only reads love letters to Obama. He wouldn't know real news if it leaped into his lap and called him Mama.

Read here.

I can talk as good a game as Barry, who attended a racist church for more than 20 years, married and raised his children there, who considered his racist pastor to be like a father to him until he threw him under the bus for campaign expediancy.

I can pose as a a lover of justice, as much as Barry can, as he pressures the Honduran government to reinstate a president who was correctly removed from office for trying to subvert the Constitution so he could extent his presidency beyond the limits of the law.

I am certainly far more peaceful then a president who secretly approves continued rendition while openly deploring torture. I can talk about how we have imposed our will on other nations after authorizing bombing by drones over Pakistan.

All I need is the happy face, broad smile and bluster, while I do what I denounce, and I, too, could be a winner.

So you're full of it too?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
:(

i don't even know about anything anymore...

Don't let Sofiya's exuberant pessimism bring you down. Like other Right Wingers, her hatred for our President consumes her like heroin does to an addict.

Filed: Timeline

It's true, indeed. Puppy dog only reads love letters to Obama. He wouldn't know real news if it leaped into his lap and called him Mama.

Read here.

From the article:

"His Holiness is looking forward to meeting President Obama after his visit to China."

Hardly sounds like a statement one issues after being dissed. ;)

:(

i don't even know about anything anymore...

Don't let Sofiya's exuberant pessimism bring you down. Like other Right Wingers, her hatred for our President consumes her like heroin does to an addict.

Ah..the aptly named poster. :rofl: Wake up honey...you've left it rather a long time. In case you haven't bothered to read even state owned media..BOTH sides are laughing at this preposterous award. It's a joke.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.