Amby

racing fans limited to one slab of beer per day

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Adult fans at one of Australia's most popular motor sport races, the Bathurst 1000, will be limited to one "slab" of beer a day -- or 24 375 ml cans -- as police focus on reducing alcohol-related crime.

The 24-can rule would also be placed on mixed drinks for the V8 car race starting Thursday which draws thousands to the rural town of Bathurst in eastern New South Wales state, the NSW police said Tuesday.

But more restrained spectators would be able to slake their thirst, if not their craving for alcohol, with up to 36 cans of low or mid-strength beer.

Wine lovers must make do with no more than four liters of cask wine per day and combinations of the options would not be allowed, the police statement said.

"This is one of the greatest motorsport events in Australia and for some it is a pilgrimage that they make every year," Assistant Commissioner Alan Clarke said.

"Police respect people's rights to enjoy the race weekend, but will promptly act when the law is broken.

"Every year thousands of race fans attend and enjoy the event and Police will not allow their safety to be compromised by a drunken few.

"As such we will once again be focusing on alcohol related behavior," he said.

Police were also urging people traveling to Bathurst to drive safely and closely monitor their speed and fatigue.

The race runs from Thursday to Sunday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnough...E59558U20091006

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

terrible..and boo calls austrailia civilized...?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

bunchadrunks

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Adult fans at one of Australia's most popular motor sport races, the Bathurst 1000, will be limited to one "slab" of beer a day -- or 24 375 ml cans -- as police focus on reducing alcohol-related crime.

The 24-can rule would also be placed on mixed drinks for the V8 car race starting Thursday which draws thousands to the rural town of Bathurst in eastern New South Wales state, the NSW police said Tuesday.

But more restrained spectators would be able to slake their thirst, if not their craving for alcohol, with up to 36 cans of low or mid-strength beer.

Wine lovers must make do with no more than four liters of cask wine per day and combinations of the options would not be allowed, the police statement said.

"This is one of the greatest motorsport events in Australia and for some it is a pilgrimage that they make every year," Assistant Commissioner Alan Clarke said.

"Police respect people's rights to enjoy the race weekend, but will promptly act when the law is broken.

"Every year thousands of race fans attend and enjoy the event and Police will not allow their safety to be compromised by a drunken few.

"As such we will once again be focusing on alcohol related behavior," he said.

Police were also urging people traveling to Bathurst to drive safely and closely monitor their speed and fatigue.

The race runs from Thursday to Sunday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnough...E59558U20091006

A vicious lie. Australia does not have a problem with alcohol abuse. In fact, Australia ranks 2nd in the world for the least amount of alcohol consumption, while the US is number 234 on the list. This in itself is amazing as there aren't even 234 countries in the world. This shows how bad the US really is and how much better Australia is in another major world ranking.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

A vicious lie. Australia does not have a problem with alcohol abuse. In fact, Australia ranks 2nd in the world for the least amount of alcohol consumption, while the US is number 234 on the list. This in itself is amazing as there aren't even 234 countries in the world. This shows how bad the US really is and how much better Australia is in another major world ranking.

That is nice and all however I am yet to make a quite that is not substantiated. Unless you are referring to the kids killed in Chicago vs other developed nations, which I repeatedly stated I am guessing.

Show me one other stat that I simply made up?

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

That is nice and all however I am yet to make a quite that is not substantiated. Unless you are referring to the kids killed in Chicago vs other developed nations, which I repeatedly stated I am guessing.

BY ... sober up !! :bonk:

nice deflection .....

BY ... sober up !! :bonk:

nice deflection .....

What am I deflecting? The bastards drink. :lol:

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

I made this one up. I'm being a smart a$$. I honestly would like to see the number of youths killed here vs the rest of the world. You won't get an argument from me, I agree that the murder rate here is way too high. It's too high for a third world country let alone for the leader of the free world.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015