Wade+Kristin

Medical

9 posts in this topic

Can someone please tell me a bit about what will happen during my medical? I am scheduled to see a panel doctor tomorrow, and of course I'm starting to feel a bit nervous about it (always do around people in white coats :innocent: ) I know they will draw my blood, check my blood pressure.. what else? I'm having my x-ray done prior to the appointment.. so now I'm just wondering what exactly this doctor will look at while I'm there. Also, can someone please tell me if it'll be a gynecological examination? I'm not the biggest fan of these and would like to be prepared mentally if this is the case.

Any input here would be very much appreciated!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Hello,

My fiance will be scheduling his medical soon. I've read about what the medical entails. You will be given vaccinations for certain conditions if you've not had the vaccinations before. You will get a physical exam I believe. As for the gyno exam, I never thought about that. I'm sorry I don't have any info on that part. Good luck and hope it all goes well for you!

~Anna

Can someone please tell me a bit about what will happen during my medical? I am scheduled to see a panel doctor tomorrow, and of course I'm starting to feel a bit nervous about it (always do around people in white coats :innocent: ) I know they will draw my blood, check my blood pressure.. what else? I'm having my x-ray done prior to the appointment.. so now I'm just wondering what exactly this doctor will look at while I'm there. Also, can someone please tell me if it'll be a gynecological examination? I'm not the biggest fan of these and would like to be prepared mentally if this is the case.

There was no gynecological exam at my medical, which was in Auckland.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My medical exam - if it can be used as a standard exam - was probably the easiest medical exam I have ever had. Basically, they take a medical history including any past history of drug or alcohol use or mental illnesses, they draw blood to test for communicable diseases like AIDS and syphilis, etc., take x-rays to check for tuberculosis, do a brief physical including listening to your heart and lungs, taking your temperature, taking your pulse, a breast exam for women and a quick check of gender - no gynecological exam at all. As part of the medical history they ask about vaccinations so bring proof of any vaccinations you have already had - and they can update your shots so you have everything that you need for immigration purposes. Basically, that is it. Good luck tomorrow.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
My medical exam - if it can be used as a standard exam - was probably the easiest medical exam I have ever had. Basically, they take a medical history including any past history of drug or alcohol use or mental illnesses, they draw blood to test for communicable diseases like AIDS and syphilis, etc., take x-rays to check for tuberculosis, do a brief physical including listening to your heart and lungs, taking your temperature, taking your pulse, a breast exam for women and a quick check of gender - no gynecological exam at all. As part of the medical history they ask about vaccinations so bring proof of any vaccinations you have already had - and they can update your shots so you have everything that you need for immigration purposes. Basically, that is it. Good luck tomorrow.

Kathrin, I wonder, did you get your scealed envelop the same day? Or was this in the U.S.?

I was told that I will get a TB test (the one with the needle) and that I will have to go 2 days later to have it read. But the doctor is really far away and it's hard for me to travel. Can you request an X-Ray instead?

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Thank you everyone for the replies! I was browsing through here quickly earlier before I had to go to my exam and thought I would write a reply now. The medical is done and it was approved, so I am very happy. Turned out it was FAR as stressful as I thought it would be. Like Kathryn I had a very easy exam, he did not even do the breast or gender check. I'm just happy it's done with and I can move forward to the next step of this process :star:

Again, thank you everyone for the replies!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Awesome! Congrats!! My fiance's medical will hopefully be scheduled within the next week. I look forward to completing the next step in the process!

Thank you everyone for the replies! I was browsing through here quickly earlier before I had to go to my exam and thought I would write a reply now. The medical is done and it was approved, so I am very happy. Turned out it was FAR as stressful as I thought it would be. Like Kathryn I had a very easy exam, he did not even do the breast or gender check. I'm just happy it's done with and I can move forward to the next step of this process :star:

Again, thank you everyone for the replies!

Awesome! Congrats!! My fiance's medical will hopefully be scheduled within the next week. I look forward to completing the next step in the process!

Thank you! Good luck with the upcoming medical, and yes it's always nice to be done with another step of this never ending journey :thumbs:

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.