kaylamarie

New Member - Need Help

156 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi everybodyy!! :) i wondering if you all could post the prices you've paid the k-1 visa so far, or if you've finished post the whole cost of each thing you had to do and the cost of it ? i would really appreciate that! just trying to see an estimate of what i'm getting into! :)

thanks!:D

3dflags-can1-1.gifNothing Is Impossible 3dflags-usa1-1.gif

Feb.24.2008 -Started Dating

Nov.16.2008 -Met for the first time

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Oct.01.2009 -Filing for I 129F very soon

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
hi everybodyy!! :) i wondering if you all could post the prices you've paid the k-1 visa so far, or if you've finished post the whole cost of each thing you had to do and the cost of it ? i would really appreciate that! just trying to see an estimate of what i'm getting into! :)

thanks!:D

So far I have paid:

455 - initial petition (wes actually paid this part)

25 - passport photos

150 - first gardasil shot

275 - Medical cost in Toronto (not to mention gas/food money for getting down there)

50 - shipping of medical to me

15 - police check

150 - second gardasil shot

1120 total so far....still to come is the 131 for the visa, 6 bucks for my POE, plus hotel costs/food for the interview date.

I think thats all...not sure if I forgot anything.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

as long as you follow the guides, you guys are going to be absolutely fine. vj is an awesome place and no one will steer you wrong.

good luck.

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hi guys...sorry if you get mad at me for posting in the wrong area..i'm sooo new to this but im about ready to pull my hair out and cry. my boyfriend and i have been dating for..2 years feb.24th but we've known each other longer. I'm moving there to the United States in Oregon (I'm a Canadian citizen he's American) I'm also 19, hes turning 21. please no comments about age . anyways how long estimate should this take? Just an estimation i would really love, from reading everyone's stories here my guess was about 5 months for everything to be done? does that seem right. anyways he's visited here twice once for two weeks, and again for 3 weeks. and being apart is just too hard (we've been apart for about 7 months) I was calm about all this before, but then reading things is really stressing me out. Anyways so my questions are.

1. what happens during the medical exam

2. estimate time of how long it takes

those questions are pretty different from each other but..those are just the little things i have to ask before i start hyperventilating lol.

Thanks.

-Kayla blush.gif

5 - 7 Months should be the time span.

JNR

Timeline

Here's an approximate of all my costs

$455 -Initial 1-129F filing fee

$20 - Passport Photos

$10 - Mail the package

$10 - Regular photos for package

$275 - Medical (add $50 for courier if you don't live in Toronto and travel expenses to/from Toronto)

$500 - Gardisil complete series

$10 - Mail back Packet 3

$35 - Police Certificate (I think)

$35 - Long Form Ontario Birth Certificate (I think)

$15 - Xpresspost Envelope for interview

$131 - Interview Costs

$75 - Hotel in Montreal

$270 - Train tickets for 2 to Montreal (plus food while there)

$20 - More passport photos

$230 - Plane ticket to move (one way, including extra luggage)

$1010 - Adjustment of Status Fee after we moved

$20 - more passport photos

$30 - Marriage license

There are probably a couple of things that I forgot, but our total is..... drum roll please... $3151.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

$20 - Passport Photos

$10 - Mail the package

$275 - Medical (add $50 for courier if you don't live in Toronto and travel expenses to/from Toronto)

$10 - Mail back Packet 3

$131 - Interview Costs

$75 - Hotel in Montreal

$30 - Marriage license

There are probably a couple of things that I forgot, but our total is..... drum roll please... $3151.

omy...that is..a lot of money. lol before i came to VJ i was thinking id be paying a couple hundred dollars and waiting for 3-4 months. boy was i wrong! i guess were gonna be waiting awhile before we file for the I-129f until we have more money saved up then because we have a visit planned for october. yikes. if only I could fast forward time..

Edited by kaylamarie

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Timeline
omy...that is..a lot of money. lol before i came to VJ i was thinking id be paying a couple hundred dollars and waiting for 3-4 months. boy was i wrong! i guess were gonna be waiting awhile before we file for the I-129f until we have more money saved up then because we have a visit planned for october. yikes. if only I could fast forward time..

Oh yeah its harsh...if i add in the fee's after I move it will add on

131 for the visa

6 for the poe

100ish for the hotel me thinks

1739 for moving my stuff

500ish to move me in my car across country (hotels +gas...looking around 5-600)

61.50 Marriage License

13 for certified copy of Marriage cert.

28 Justice of the Peace fee

20 more photos!!

1080 adjustment/ap/ead fee

which adds another 3678.5 for a grand total of....omg...ew...4798.5. So gross. Of course your actual moving costs will vary based on if you are just moving you or if you are moving stuff too.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

$20 - Passport Photos

$10 - Mail the package

$10 - Mail back Packet 3

$131 - Interview Costs

$75 - Hotel in Montreal

$30 - Marriage license

Yeah it's definitely quite an investment. You also can't work for at least 3 months or so when you get there, so that can be hard too if you don't have any savings.

I know it is hard to be apart, but try to remember that being apart for a few years is just a small price to pay to be together forever. My husband and I started dating when we were 19 like you and I honestly don't even know how we would have done it back then to be honest. We waited 6 years simply so that we could finish University and start making some money for our future together.

yeah...I'm one of those people who couldn't wait that long, like i would if i had to of course cause i wouldn't want to lose him but, we both said we wouldn't be able to handle being apart for that long but, that's just how we are i guess :( although i would love to be able to have the patience to wait that long . like, if we did visits every 2 months or 3 months then i could probably handle another 2 years but, then that gets expensive visiting that much. how often did you and your husband see each other?

Edited by kaylamarie

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

also lucky for us, we'll be staying with his parents until i find a job. luckily they're very supportive of us in that way. but were going to postpone it for a bit because we have a visit planned in October so now, just isn't the perfect time for it, couple more months of saving and id say we'd be okay to start the process

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

also lucky for us, we'll be staying with his parents until i find a job. luckily they're very supportive of us in that way. but were going to postpone it for a bit because we have a visit planned in October so now, just isn't the perfect time for it, couple more months of saving and id say we'd be okay to start the process

i also already asked this question but, for the med exam. this is probably stupid but they don't do anything like your gynecologist would do or something like that do they? somebody told me they just so a "peek" to make sure you really are female and a breast exam? i'm a very shy reserved modest girl things like that keep my up at night :blush:

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Timeline

i also already asked this question but, for the med exam. this is probably stupid but they don't do anything like your gynecologist would do or something like that do they? somebody told me they just so a "peek" to make sure you really are female and a breast exam? i'm a very shy reserved modest girl things like that keep my up at night :blush:

You're right. They just do a quick peek and the breast exam, nothing more. The breast exam they rip the gown and do it through the gown so they barely look at you at all.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Where in the world did you guys get such cheap passport photos?!

Mine cost like 70 dollars for like 10 all together!

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

i know shoppers drug mart here does them for $10!

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Timeline

Costco! 1 set of prints was $10...so my bad, it was like $30 for the 3 sets

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.