kaylamarie

New Member - Need Help

156 posts in this topic

Surprisingly, they did not ask for any ties except my return ticket.

DO NOT count on that though. What they look for differs between who you get at the border.

There's no forms your employer has to fill out, just a letter stating things people may have mentioned before; that you're on vacation, that you are expected back by a certain time and if you're not, the consequences. Maybe more than that, you'd have to look back to see what others have said about that.

ohh well i can def. get a note from my employer easily :)

The only forms I can think of that your employer would fill out is something to do with leave of absence, if they allow it. I'm not sure if every employer has forms relating to that, but it depends on the company I'm sure. You'd have to ask them, maybe they'll have an opinion about the subject.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Surprisingly, they did not ask for any ties except my return ticket.

DO NOT count on that though. What they look for differs between who you get at the border.

There's no forms your employer has to fill out, just a letter stating things people may have mentioned before; that you're on vacation, that you are expected back by a certain time and if you're not, the consequences. Maybe more than that, you'd have to look back to see what others have said about that.

ohh well i can def. get a note from my employer easily :)

The only forms I can think of that your employer would fill out is either something to do with leave of absence, if they allow it. I'm not sure if every employer has forms relating to that, but it depends on the company I'm sure. You'd have to ask them, maybe they'll have an opinion about the subject.

ive been trying to find like an example i could give to my employer so he knows what to write but im not having much luck

3dflags-can1-1.gifNothing Is Impossible 3dflags-usa1-1.gif

Feb.24.2008 -Started Dating

Nov.16.2008 -Met for the first time

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Oct.01.2009 -Filing for I 129F very soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
i know every about my boyfriend i could possibly need to know so thats not the thing at all, im not packing up everything i own, im strictly seriously visitng there for 6 months. i want to live there for awhile before i completely commit since i haven't been there before. if in one month i dont like it, ill come back here. i have places to stay and family support so that isn't really a problem either. everybody moves at different speeds and love is love. there is no time limit for it or anything. i may be young but age is nothing, maturity is everything ;) anyways my intentions are simply to visit not to immigrate, not to stay there i really just want to visit for 6 months. if i got denied i could have my job bank in a heartbeat lol

Yeah, we know that, its just harder sometimes for the border guards to see that. If you can get your job back without an issues then you should be fine, its more in the case we have heard of a few who quit, had given up their place and got turned back at the border to have nothing, no place to stay, no option of that job. For the letter from your employer it should state that you are employed as (position, fulltime/part time) and are expected back at your job on (date) and that if you do not return on the date expected that you will lose your job...or something to that effect.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

i know every about my boyfriend i could possibly need to know so thats not the thing at all, im not packing up everything i own, im strictly seriously visitng there for 6 months. i want to live there for awhile before i completely commit since i haven't been there before. if in one month i dont like it, ill come back here. i have places to stay and family support so that isn't really a problem either. everybody moves at different speeds and love is love. there is no time limit for it or anything. i may be young but age is nothing, maturity is everything ;) anyways my intentions are simply to visit not to immigrate, not to stay there i really just want to visit for 6 months. if i got denied i could have my job bank in a heartbeat lol

Yeah, we know that, its just harder sometimes for the border guards to see that. If you can get your job back without an issues then you should be fine, its more in the case we have heard of a few who quit, had given up their place and got turned back at the border to have nothing, no place to stay, no option of that job. For the letter from your employer it should state that you are employed as (position, fulltime/part time) and are expected back at your job on (date) and that if you do not return on the date expected that you will lose your job...or something to that effect.

okay thanks!! :)

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

no problem :D it basically just needs to be a letter stating that they expect you back at some point, to show that you have a tie.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

no problem :D it basically just needs to be a letter stating that they expect you back at some point, to show that you have a tie.

okay well that should be nooo problem at all :) especially since my sister is shift manager, and my boss loves me haha

okay well that should be nooo problem at all :) especially since my sister is shift manager, and my boss loves me haha

i wish i could find an example of one though but i can't find one anywhere

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.