kaylamarie

New Member - Need Help

156 posts in this topic

That is what Varba and I sent in (plus some phone records, that we didn't really need to send) and we didn't get an RFE.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey!

This is Aaron (Kayla's boyfriend) I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping us out with the entire Visa process. Without you guys I can see why a lot of people would opt for hiring a lawyer, because this is what we first intended to do since there was a real lack of clarity in the step by step process of gathering all of the needed information and which forms to fill out.

I'm certain though that we'll be able to save at least the cost of a lawyer's help with the support that we have on here. I'm fascinated by all of your stories and glad to know that so many people made it through the process successfully. :D

That is what Varba and I sent in (plus some phone records, that we didn't really need to send) and we didn't get an RFE.

what exactly is an RFE? is there a link on here where i can read about that? is it just like they investigate your case cause you forgot something or something?

3dflags-can1-1.gifNothing Is Impossible 3dflags-usa1-1.gif

Feb.24.2008 -Started Dating

Nov.16.2008 -Met for the first time

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Oct.01.2009 -Filing for I 129F very soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

what exactly is an RFE? is there a link on here where i can read about that? is it just like they investigate your case cause you forgot something or something?

Yup, RFE stands for Request for Evidence, and usually means you forgot to add something (they will tell you what) As long as you follow the guide carefully though you will be fine, I did it all on my own and no RFE here :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Yup, RFE stands for Request for Evidence, and usually means you forgot to add something (they will tell you what) As long as you follow the guide carefully though you will be fine, I did it all on my own and no RFE here :D

Okay perfect thanks!

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

when stating proof of an ongoing relationship, can i just photocopy the letters and evelopes with the stamsp on them? or do i have to send them the original copy?

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
when stating proof of an ongoing relationship, can i just photocopy the letters and evelopes with the stamsp on them? or do i have to send them the original copy?

Yes, you can just send photocopies.

The big things they are looking for are Plane Ticket stubs and receipts from travel, showing that you have met at least once in the past year. Photos help too.

We didn't include any letters or emails. Just phone records, plane ticket stubs, travel receipts (from our vacations together) and photos of us together.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

The big things they are looking for are Plane Ticket stubs and receipts from travel, showing that you have met at least once in the past year. Photos help too.

We didn't include any letters or emails. Just phone records, plane ticket stubs, travel receipts (from our vacations together) and photos of us together.

he says he threw out all his plane tickets...which i don't understand why he'd even do that in the first place lol i would have kept mine for a souvenir/memories! is that going to be really bad that he doesn't have those? can he use his itineraries?

Edited by kaylamarie

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

he says he threw out all his plane tickets...which i don't understand why he'd even do that in the first place lol i would have kept mine for a souvenir/memories! is that going to be really bad that he doesn't have those? can he use his itineraries?

Did they stamp his passport when he entered? How about the checked baggaged tag, does he have that? We sent some itineraries too and it was fine, we had an ongoing relationship for over 5 years, so there was a lot of travel...

Hopefully someone else who only visited a couple of times can chime in on if they just provided itineraries.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I provided iteneraries, yup... that's secondary evidence, I guess boarding passes are best but if the itinerary has your name on it, that's cool! I also sent e-mails (G rated ones :rofl: ) and lots of photos with the date and place written on the back....

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

if you have some and itineraries it should be ok to just send those. You only have to prove you have met once in the last 2 years, so if you have info on one trip that should be good. Credit card statements showing you both in the same place at the same time spending money are good too. Itineraries usually have to be backed up by the tickets or passport stamps as anyone can make an itinerary. We sent i think 3 or 4 photos, credit card statements from the same place (like Disney for example) each of our tickets to stuff with our names on it (again Disney etc lol), our Ticket stubs, itinerary and hotel reciept.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

I didn't keep any boarding pass stubs either. In 4 years of traveling I never thought I would ever need them for any reason. I didn't have any passport stamps either, since we would always drive across the border and use the airport in Buffalo, NY. All I sent in for evidence was 4 years worth of travel itineraries... or more like flight summaries from NWA and United online, plus pictures and some phone records to show prof of an ongoing relationship. I read on VJ after where people were saying that itineraries without any kind of supporting "primary" evidence (Ie. boarding passes, passport stamps) wasn't considered acceptable. I disagree. If they weren't, I'm sure I would have had an RFE. But that is a whole different debate I suppose! Its always good to have as much information as possible to avoid trouble. I also wrote out an unnecessarily long statement saying how often we've visited each other, for how long and where. Although that's not really primary evidence, I'm sure that helped them see we've met... and many times!

As far as cards, e-mails and chat transcripts go, I really didn't want to send any of that. It seems a little to personal to me!

When we sent our initial petition, we had only seen each other 3 times. We did have boarding passes though, but the other replies have good suggestions already for alternatives :)

I also just wanted to direct you to this

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=definition

It should help with figuring out what some of the short forms are here... I know they can be confusing :lol:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

When we sent our initial petition, we had only seen each other 3 times. We did have boarding passes though, but the other replies have good suggestions already for alternatives :)

I also just wanted to direct you to this

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=definition

It should help with figuring out what some of the short forms are here... I know they can be confusing :lol:

thanks!! that helps a lot! i've been confused a bunch of times not knowing any short forms!!

if you have some and itineraries it should be ok to just send those. You only have to prove you have met once in the last 2 years, so if you have info on one trip that should be good. Credit card statements showing you both in the same place at the same time spending money are good too. Itineraries usually have to be backed up by the tickets or passport stamps as anyone can make an itinerary. We sent i think 3 or 4 photos, credit card statements from the same place (like Disney for example) each of our tickets to stuff with our names on it (again Disney etc lol), our Ticket stubs, itinerary and hotel reciept.

yeah! hopefully we should be okay. i'm going to send as much as i can even if its unnecissary i really don't wan to risk any problems!

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

thanks for all the replies guys!!! its so nice coming home from work and seeing all those replies :D

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.