kaylamarie

New Member - Need Help

156 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

so me and my boyfriend are going to begin the I-129F process in about a week so as i was reading the guide some questions arose :)

1. Do you need to call them and tell somebody your shipping it? or..Do you just go ahead full out everything, get the documents and just ship it wheres its supposed to go?

2. you send it away, to them (paying shipping of course) and the USCIS sends it back eventually with how much money you pay them? not really sure about that process there. that's all the questions at the moment thanks!

3dflags-can1-1.gifNothing Is Impossible 3dflags-usa1-1.gif

Feb.24.2008 -Started Dating

Nov.16.2008 -Met for the first time

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Oct.01.2009 -Filing for I 129F very soon

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
so me and my boyfriend are going to begin the I-129F process in about a week so as i was reading the guide some questions arose :)

1. Do you need to call them and tell somebody your shipping it? or..Do you just go ahead full out everything, get the documents and just ship it wheres its supposed to go?

2. you send it away, to them (paying shipping of course) and the USCIS sends it back eventually with how much money you pay them? not really sure about that process there. that's all the questions at the moment thanks!

No, you can just send your package away. Triple check it and make sure everything that's supposed to be there, is there. And you send payment with the original package. You can use a check or money order to do so.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

No, you can just send your package away. Triple check it and make sure everything that's supposed to be there, is there. And you send payment with the original package. You can use a check or money order to do so.

where is the cost listed though on how much it is going to cost? i dont see that anywhere

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Timeline
$455 USD

can you give me a link of to where it says that please? Thanks.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

There ya go :D

dev356pr___.png

$455 USD

thank you very much! :D

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Timeline
$455 USD

Your welcome. Good luck with everything dear, and don't be afraid to ask more questions!!

dev356pr___.png

$455 USD

Your welcome. Good luck with everything dear, and don't be afraid to ask more questions!!

trust me, you'll all be getting sick of me after a couple days haha

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

i found this on a website:

Q: What documents must you bring to the American Consulate?

A: After the consular officer notifies you of approval, your fiancé(e) will be required to bring his or her:

* Valid passport

* Original/official copy of birth certificate

* If previously married, any divorce or annulment decrees, death certificates

* Police record/certificate from places lived since age 16

* Medical examination papers

* Evidence showing financial support by your fiancé(e)

* Proof of a valid and bona-fide relationship with your fiancé(e)

* Two square passport size color photographs (1.5 x 1.5 inches or 37mm x 37), must show full face and light/white background

di you guys bring all of the above things?because ive moved a million times since i was 16 how does that work?

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Timeline
i found this on a website:

Q: What documents must you bring to the American Consulate?

A: After the consular officer notifies you of approval, your fiancé(e) will be required to bring his or her:

* Valid passport

* Original/official copy of birth certificate

* If previously married, any divorce or annulment decrees, death certificates

* Police record/certificate from places lived since age 16

* Medical examination papers

* Evidence showing financial support by your fiancé(e)

* Proof of a valid and bona-fide relationship with your fiancé(e)

* Two square passport size color photographs (1.5 x 1.5 inches or 37mm x 37), must show full face and light/white background

di you guys bring all of the above things?because ive moved a million times since i was 16 how does that work?

As long as all of your moves have been within Canada, then you will only need one police certificate. The one that you receive in at a police station/clearance station is good for the entirety of Canada. And getting your vaccination records, get a hold of your High School and see if they have your records, and if not, contact Ontario Health.

dev356pr___.png

Welcome to VJ kayla!! Just wanted to say take a deep breath and relax! It will all work out fine! It's alot of paperwork and information to digest all at once, but it will get easier! Just take a look at the guides and always go to USCIS.gov for forms because sometimes the links on the guides can be the outdated forms. You definitely do not need a lawyer for this process!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Welcome to VJ kayla!! Just wanted to say take a deep breath and relax! It will all work out fine! It's alot of paperwork and information to digest all at once, but it will get easier! Just take a look at the guides and always go to USCIS.gov for forms because sometimes the links on the guides can be the outdated forms. You definitely do not need a lawyer for this process!

thank you so much!! im so glad to be here, i feel like if any problems arise i have a lot of support :) so i was reading the checklisthttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1guide

thats everything that we need to have? it's not missing anything?

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Kayla! I don't have a lot of advice to offer aside from what you've already been told, but I wanted to say welcome to VJ! The process is stressful and expensive, but it is definitely worth it in the end! I moved from Ontario to Denver, so I know what its like to be a young Canadian girl in the wild west! :lol:

My husband and I visited each other several times during the process (every 6 weeks or so) and we never encountered a problem. You are allowed to visit, but make sure you bring prof of ties to Canada with you (ie prof of a mortgage/lease, a letter from your employer saying you are returning etc.) Anything that demonstrates you have strong ties to home and would want/need to return. Since you are an intending immigrant, the officer at the POE may be suspicious you intend on staying illegally. Don't worry, many of us were never asked for any prof aside from a return place ticket or a verbal declaration. However, it is always smart to be prepared for any scenario!

thank you! i am so glad to be part of this welcoming community. last night i was having a stress attack and today i am calm and realizing that i'm not the only one doing this! none of my family supports my decision to do this so it's been very hard on me without any support for what i'm doing but since ive been here and seen all of you are doing the same thing as me gives me a little comfort in believing that this all can work out. :) when visiting each other how long was your stay usually?

I can imagine its difficult without family support. My family wasn't very happy with the idea at first either, but in time they came to accept my decision and became supportive. Hopefully that happens for you! The first stage seems to be anger, than denial, then eventually they realize that if they want to maintain a relationship with you they need to accept your decisions. But at no time during the process did they really bother to ask me how it was going, or what stage I was on, mainly because they just didn't want to face the reality of the situation!

When we were dating long distance I was a full time student with a part-time job, and he was working full time, so our visits normally weren't very long. During holidays like Christmas or spring break, we could spent a week or two together, but on a normal visit it would usually only last 3-5 days. I would need to get back to school and he would need to get back to work! It was a long way to travel and a lot of money to spend for a few days, but It was always worth it for us. Its nice not having to be constantly traveling after doing it for the last 4 years.

As Bern said, you can usually get your vaccination records from a couple different places. If you have a normal family doctor, or did in the past, he/she should have a record. If not, the Ontario Health board keeps a record, you can call their hotline and request access. Schools generally keep records of required vaccinations as well. If you're feeling ambitious, maybe try to get your records from all of these places. I got one from my doctor and one from the health board and things were missing on both of them. Together they made a complete record!

Hi Kayla! I don't have a lot of advice to offer aside from what you've already been told, but I wanted to say welcome to VJ! The process is stressful and expensive, but it is definitely worth it in the end! I moved from Ontario to Denver, so I know what its like to be a young Canadian girl in the wild west! :lol:

My husband and I visited each other several times during the process (every 6 weeks or so) and we never encountered a problem. You are allowed to visit, but make sure you bring prof of ties to Canada with you (ie prof of a mortgage/lease, a letter from your employer saying you are returning etc.) Anything that demonstrates you have strong ties to home and would want/need to return. Since you are an intending immigrant, the officer at the POE may be suspicious you intend on staying illegally. Don't worry, many of us were never asked for any prof aside from a return place ticket or a verbal declaration. However, it is always smart to be prepared for any scenario!

thank you! i am so glad to be part of this welcoming community. last night i was having a stress attack and today i am calm and realizing that i'm not the only one doing this! none of my family supports my decision to do this so it's been very hard on me without any support for what i'm doing but since ive been here and seen all of you are doing the same thing as me gives me a little comfort in believing that this all can work out. :) when visiting each other how long was your stay usually?

I can imagine its difficult without family support. My family wasn't very happy with the idea at first either, but in time they came to accept my decision and became supportive. Hopefully that happens for you! The first stage seems to be anger, than denial, then eventually they realize that if they want to maintain a relationship with you they need to accept your decisions. But at no time during the process did they really bother to ask me how it was going, or what stage I was on, mainly because they just didn't want to face the reality of the situation!

When we were dating long distance I was a full time student with a part-time job, and he was working full time, so our visits normally weren't very long. During holidays like Christmas or spring break, we could spent a week or two together, but on a normal visit it would usually only last 3-5 days. I would need to get back to school and he would need to get back to work! It was a long way to travel and a lot of money to spend for a few days, but It was always worth it for us. Its nice not having to be constantly traveling after doing it for the last 4 years.

As Bern said, you can usually get your vaccination records from a couple different places. If you have a normal family doctor, or did in the past, he/she should have a record. If not, the Ontario Health board keeps a record, you can call their hotline and request access. Schools generally keep records of required vaccinations as well. If you're feeling ambitious, maybe try to get your records from all of these places. I got one from my doctor and one from the health board and things were missing on both of them. Together they made a complete record!

thank you for the reply i really appreciate it :) as i said in another post, the checklist here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

is that completely accurate on what we need to have/complete when he files for the I-129F? :)

Feb.15.2009 -Met Again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.