SophWeb

How to present photos/cell phone bills

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all!

I was wondering how yall presented the photos and evidence for your packet? I don't want to just have the photos flying loose around in the packet. I know it's acceptable to write the information on the back of the photo, but I was thinking of sticking them to a piece of paper, and typing the description (time, date, place etc) underneath (maybe sticking on two per A4 page?). Would that be okay? It just seems more neat to me. How did yall display your photos?

Also, with the photocopies of documents like boarding passes, cell phone records etc, should I highlight the relevant information? Like the date, my name, or anything? Should I write on it at all, like put a title "Boarding Passes from visit to the U.S. on Nov. 4th etc"?. I'll include that in the cover letter, when I list everything contained in the packet, but should I write it on the photocopy too?

In regards to the cell phone records, the bills I have are several pages long, so I was thinking of only providing the the first page that has the summary of my charges and then only the relevant pages - the ones with the U.S. calls/texts on them. Is that okay? Or do I need to photocopy and provide the entire bill?

The way my bill is presented, it shows each call and text I made to my fiance in the U.S. as his cell phone number, as opposed to a name. Do I need to declare somewhere that that is his cell phone number? Do I need proof that that is indeed his number?

Sorry that was a lot of questions! And sorry if these questions sound nit-picky or paranoid, just want the whole process to run smoothly :) Thanks for any help.

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

the better the information is labeled the less guessing the adjudicator will have to do

Why are you submitting cell phone bills?

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I scanned in everything, photos, boarding passes, passport, and labeled everything below each item. Date, location, abbreviation and city/country of the airport on boarding passes, the description of the passport stamp in the upper right quadrant of page 18, dates/locations and monument of photos,...but everything, then entire packet was on 8.5 X 11. I printed it all at Fed Ex/Kinkos for higher quality copies that what I could do at home. We have the originals to show for the interview if necessary. I was only thinking that would make it more difficult for something to slip away and get lost if it was all on paper, and the same size paper. The only exception was our passport photos in the labeled plastic baggies. Good Luck!

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
the better the information is labeled the less guessing the adjudicator will have to do

That's exactly what I was thinking - if the information is clear and concise, then hopefully the adjudicator will spend less time on my packet.

I'm submitting cell phone bills to prove that we have been in contact and had an ongoing relationship. My bills list all the calls and texts I've made to my fiance.

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

All of our photos were digital, so I just inserted into a Word document and wrote a description beneath each.

I scanned in all receipts, boarding passes, passport stamps and did the same with them.

For the copy that I sent to her for the interview, I put all the reciepts, boarding pass originals into a baggie and stapled that onto a blank piece of paper and inserted that behind the copy of the Word doc that went with the initial petition.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's exactly what I was thinking - if the information is clear and concise, then hopefully the adjudicator will spend less time on my packet.

I'm submitting cell phone bills to prove that we have been in contact and had an ongoing relationship. My bills list all the calls and texts I've made to my fiance.

For USCIS purposes, cell phone bills do not prove a "face to face" meeting which is what they are concerned about at the petition stage. Ongoing relationship evidence is primarily the concern of the consulate at the interview stage.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

For USCIS purposes, cell phone bills do not prove a "face to face" meeting which is what they are concerned about at the petition stage. Ongoing relationship evidence is primarily the concern of the consulate at the interview stage.

I submitted my cell phone bills as well. Was torn about this, but after reading everyone's comments on the pro's/con's of frontloading the application I decided it couldn't hurt. I included the whole bill and highlighted all the incoming and outgoing calls. My bill doesn't show a name either, just a number and the country the call from/went to.. figured this would be enough.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.