maybelle

My husband wants to divorce me but he is the one who is having an affair. What is my chances if I have a CR1 visa?

82 posts in this topic

Good advice - except that last part about community prop - Hawaii is not one of the 9 community prop states.

Thank you. I stand corrected. Hawaii is an "equitable distribution" state.

If the couple cannot agree on a fair property settlement, then the courts will determine which property is "marital property" and which is "separate property", and then determine an equitable distribution of the "marital property". Property which was separately owned before the marriage is rarely determined to be "marital property". I'm not aware of any state where a spouse has an automatic claim to half of everything their spouse owns, which was the assertion I was responding to. In a marriage of such a short duration, it's not likely she has a valid claim on much of anything.

She should not think about their property settlement for now. the court will decide on that. She needs to get a safe place to stay and right counselors in her state. I used I-864 Affidavit of Support Form to pinned my ex husband in the court. Good thing I saved the extra copy with his original signature. Just read his obligation there and its self explanatory. We are 2 yrs married and not supposed to get alimony but I did.

MY NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

10/01/2012 - Sent N-400 via USPS PRIORITY MAIL from Florida to Texas Lockbox
10/03/2012 - Package delivered to Texas Lockbox
10/10/2012 - Received an email on Acceptance Confirmation
10/10/2012 - Check Cashed
10/30/2012 - Biometrics 11:00 AM
11/30/2012 - Received NOA for Test Interview
01/07/2013 - Interview @ 1:00 p.m. - Passed
[color="#0000FF"][b]02/22/2013 - Oath Ceremony[/b][/color]

Offending post removed. Let's stay on topic people, as moral judgements and other commentary are not welcome here.

Im sorry you have a husband like him, you deserve better. You are brave, you made good actions so far. Just continue to be brave and fight, fight girl. Aja!

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Upset? poor decision? Do you know what is sacrifice means? My mom has to-because I have to follow where my husband is based. I cannot just throw the blanme on my mom on a decision that I made for my life. This is my mistake that is why I am seeking advice & honestly I have no more room for blame now.I have enough already.Because If i want to.. I have lots of people to blame but i chose to stay in the problem and find for solutions. Sorry but i'm just pissed off with your comment. And even a 3 year old kid know that canada and USA are 2 different countries...

thank you so much but if I go home i'm afraid I will banned to come back here in the US. And One thing more my family is in canada, before my approval for my visa to US my mom cancelled her petition for me to go there so there wont be any conflict in my US visa application before.

Major mistake on you mothers part.

You should also be upset with her for making such a poor decision.

Canada and USA are 2 different countries.........

I felt so terrible for you as you related the story. I was thinking what a model of strength you were and to take any kind of abuse from someone over your plight is so wrong. And you stood up for yourself, so here again you have to be commended for keeping a straight head despite the adversity.

You get a lot of mileage from owning up to your responsibility and not playing on being a victim when... you are one.

Best of luck to you. It is hard just getting through the day and making sure to eat and get sleep but you have to reduce life down to a kinf of survival mode. One day at a time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Maybelle,

I am reading your story and feel sad about it. I understand your situation and i know you love him so much that is why u like you save ur marriage and as a filipina we know we're not really into divorce. But, were here in their country and ur still young and pretty u can find someone who will love you deeply and will care for you. I believe in Karma just let him coz u dont know what the girl will do to him but the problem if he will do the same with that girl too when the girl arrives here in US ;)

Just divorce him and move on and enjoy your life in hawaii :-)

Pray always and ask guidance in every decision u make God is always there for you..Every trials we encounter God knows we can handle it and he knows ur smart to solve or carry your cross..

Have a good day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG that is so ruthless.. Make him pay for it! And make sure he won't be able to bring his new girlfriend that's soo disturbing! I am so sorry that it happened to a fellow pinay. I wish i could help you out. I suggest you to consult a lawyer and fight for your rights!

~*~*~Nikki and Paul~*~*~

08/15/2006 - Met and became friends at starbucks in bay area

08/25/2006 - Fiance proposed his love (tsk tsk too fast!).

08/26/2006 - I was back in the Philippines. We started to get to know each other more online.

12/10/2006 - Officially became lovers

12/15/2006 - Holiday visit in the US - 15 days

05/19/2007 - Fiance's 1st visit in the Philippines - 12 days

12/10/2007 - Holiday visit in the US - 14 days

06/19/2008 - Fiance's 2nd visit in the Philippines - 11 days

12/10/2008 - Fiance's 3rd visit (surprise) in the Philippines - 25 days

12/15/2008 - Engagement

12/16/2008 - Received blessings from my family

12/17/2008 - Received blessings from fiance's parents thru skype video chat

05/19/2009 - Fiance's 3rd visit in the Philippines

11/07/2009 - Fiance's 4th visit in the Philippines. He wanted to come with me in the interview.

01/03/2009 - Fiance filled out and sent the I-129F.

03/12/2009 - NOA1 sent

03/18/2009 - NOA1 received

06/22/2009 - NOA2 sent

06/26/2009 - NOA2 received

10/09/2009 - Packet 3 forms sent to consulate

11/12/2009 - Unforgettable interview at US Embassy Manila *Approved*

a little almost there bebe...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.