marie007

Need to go home.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I made a mistake of moving here. How hard will it be to get home? My passport is good till Nov.3,2011. Things are not working out at all. What do I say at the border? I am a canadian citizen btw. And when I do get back to Canada, I will never leave again. I am so homesick that I am getting ill. Please advice me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, I made a mistake of moving here. How hard will it be to get home? My passport is good till Nov.3,2011. Things are not working out at all. What do I say at the border? I am a canadian citizen btw. And when I do get back to Canada, I will never leave again. I am so homesick that I am getting ill. Please advice me.

Sorry to hear that.... It won't be hard at all for you to go home, back to Canada. You are a Canadian Citizen, and are free to go back whenever you choose. You tell them at the border that you are moving back. Will you be importing any goods back to Canada? You might need to fill out some forms and stuff, maybe Trailmix can help you if you're actually going to be importing goods. If it's just a few suitcases with personal effects, I wouldn't worry about that

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Marie,

I'm so sorry things are not working out. When did you get here in the US? If you need someone to talk to about homesickness most of us can talk to you about it and hopefully we can make you feel better.

I wanted to go home hundreds of times but I wanted to see my decision through.

Is your marriage not working out?

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Timeline

I am so sorry, Marie. (F) The homesickness is a terrible thing, but you do adjust over time. I found the first year horrible. There is so much upheaval and it takes such a terribly long time to establish yourself and become familiar with your new environment. The second year was much much better. The third year I just breezed through. Have you had the chance to return to Canada for a visit? That usually helps to put things in perspective for you.

I wish you all the best. (F)

iagree.gif

Timeline

Hi Marie,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so sad.

It's not hard at all to move back to Canada, basically you just tell them you are a returning citizen, that's it.

If you are shipping anything or taking your U.S. car back, let me know and i'll give you the details.

Edited by trailmix

Yeah you should be fine, you're a Canadian with a Canadian passport! You're allowed to "go home". It is a rough change isn't it? I wish you all the best!

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Timeline

Sorry it has not working out!! but liek the others have stated, ur a Cdn citizen with a valid passport and ur free to go back.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think that there are so many kind and helpful souls here that are willing to assist you. My heart goes out to you and, as a Canadian, you can always come home. Maybe there is a VJ member close to where you are. As Krikit suggested a few days back home will help. You are not alone, we're here for you. (L)

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Hello all"

Thanks for the support. Without getting into details, and nothing life threathening, believe me, I made a huge mistake. I am so happy to know it will be easy to cross to HOME. I will only take what I can carry, don't care bout the rest as long as I get home. It will take time, but I need to get to the border before passport expires, which is 2011. I applied for a 911 operator, which they are taking applications, I pray that I will get that job which will help me get home.

I live daydreaming of seeing the Canadian flag blowing in the wind. I have a small family which they are sending a few dollars at a time, I saved it all.

It's felt good to write how I feel, and did get support from you guys. I don't know anyone here, to talk to about this. I litteraly hate all my surroundings. I cannot afford to visit. My husband does not want to hear about me going home at all. He will not be helping me.So, I pretend each day, that things are good. Please give me prayers.

Marie

I am so sorry, Marie. (F) The homesickness is a terrible thing, but you do adjust over time. I found the first year horrible. There is so much upheaval and it takes such a terribly long time to establish yourself and become familiar with your new environment. The second year was much much better. The third year I just breezed through. Have you had the chance to return to Canada for a visit? That usually helps to put things in perspective for you.

I wish you all the best. (F)

Timeline
:((F) Best of luck to you, Marie in getting back home. Please let us know when you are back and all is better.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Steve's wife here . . .

This is actually my second go-around with a green card. I won't bore you with the long story as to why that is . . .

The reason I mention that is to let you know that I do "get" how awful it can be when you first move. The first two years I was in the US I was SO depressed, so miserable, so unhappy, so lonely. I couldn't even work because I was on a non-working visa (it was "upgraded" to a green card after 18 months or so). I spent a lot of time moping around malls, gyms, driving around the countryside and reading. The internet was barely around and I didn't have a computer anyway, so I was truly isolated.

Only you can decide what to do about this. Is it truly homesickness or is the relationship not working (no need to answer, just something to ponder). If it's the former you might not want to burn your bridges. If it's the latter, go home and take all the time you need to heal. It is really, really, really hard to move to another country and you shouldn't feel bad about, well, feeling bad.

We're all here for you and those of us that have/are living in the US totally understand what you're going through.

Whatever you choose we will be here to help you with your decision.

All I want to tell you is make sure your head is clear with your decision. I thought of going back home more than once in the first 6 months. I am just saying that because I see you moved 2 months ago. I am not afraid to say that it took me 2 years solid to "feel" settled. I was better after 1 year, but still not feeling at home yet. This is the most difficult thing I've accomplished. I too became physically ill due to stress. All I wanted to say is it gets better, unless there is an issue with your marriage. That we cannot be of much help.

But I hope you do what needs to be done for you (F)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HI Marie,

I am sorry to hear things are not working out. I moved here 4 months ago and am in pain a lot of days. I feel for you. I wish I could return, I dream about it every day... But I believe that better days will come.

The Lord is my strength and my shield,

My heart trusted in Him and I am helped,

therefore my heart greatly rejoices,

and with my song I will praise Him.

Psalm 28:7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.