Steve and Amara

Inital Review???New USCIS web page layout

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

So I am a little confused. Its been a few weeks since I logged onto the USCIS website to check if my AOS had been touched (it hasnt since the 08/17/09. ANYWAY, I log in and see that USCIS has updated their web page layout.

After logging in I got into my portfolio and click on the AOS, the new page says that my AOS in in its "initial review".

Im confused, because a few weeks go I had recieied a letter saying my AOS had been transfered to California and then back to USCIS Chicago for further processing. I had my finger printing done and have received my work authorisation permit card.

The new USCIS web page suggests that my AOS is still as yet to go through the following stages:

1. Request for evidence

Testing and interview

Decision

Post decision activity

Document prodution/oath ceremony

Can someone please explain.

ALSO, the processing times for the AOS on the USCIS website have been "down"/under construction. Can anyone let me know how long the wait time is for the AOS to be issued. We filed it in June 09.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It doesn't seem to be updating.

Yesterday was my interview and it still said "inital review"

infact, my I-130 still says that dispite being approved.

I think they are still working out the kinks!

AOS Short Version:

06/26/09 - Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox!

07/07/09 - NOA's Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD [dated 07/01/09]

07/17/09 - Biometrics Completed [ Completed in 17 Days ]

08/12/09 - EAD APPROVED! Card Ordered! [Approved in 47 Days]

08/20/09 - Interview notice arrived dated 08/18/09 - Sept 24th/09

08/21/09 - Got EAD Card in the mail!! :D

09/24/09 - Interview Date: 9:00am - APPROVED

10/03/09 -Received GC!!!!!

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval : 86 Days

ROC:

04/01/11 - Preparing for ROC currently

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

07/02/11 - NOA1 Arrived [dated 06/30/11]

07/13/11 - Biometrics letter arrived [08/01/11]

10/31/11 - Final Approval!

11/04/11 - Received new card today.

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval: 125 Days

Next Step will be citizenship in June 2012!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The page might be new and improved but the maintenance of the site still appears to be inconsistent and unreliable. If you get an update on your case, great - you know they are working on it. If you don't get an update, though, it means nothing - just that you don't know what the status is because they aren't updating it. So, don't worry:-).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
The page might be new and improved but the maintenance of the site still appears to be inconsistent and unreliable. If you get an update on your case, great - you know they are working on it. If you don't get an update, though, it means nothing - just that you don't know what the status is because they aren't updating it. So, don't worry:-).

I had checked mine the day before it got updated and it said something like "case received and processing" or whatever was the standard before the update... can't remember the exact words. After the update it said "under inital review" so it just means that you are in the thick of things. We also had the bio done awhile back and it seems to revert back to "inital review", while the website is better it is still far from being good.

Edited by freetv

Had a look at our case after months with a green card, just to see the new look. You've got to remember the categories fit many petitions and applications. If you mouse over the circles it tells what they are. My short interpretation:

Initial review-they're working on your case. (General review or just Review might be a better term)

Request for evidence- They sent you an RFE and are waiting on your response. Will go back to initial review when case resumes.

Testing and interview For naturalization applicants, I believe you take the test and interview sometimes the same day. An AOS applicant would get this status if an interview had been scheduled.

Decision-They've approved you probably and are generating the approval emails and letters.

Post decision activity-Whatever happens after a decision...like in a denial and they are working on deportation and you are filing a waiver. For approvals they are just doing paperwork and updating databases.

Document prodution/oath ceremony-They ordered your card. I would guess these last three happen pretty fast. Actually our EAD says post decision activity, so maybe after the card is issued, the status reverts back to the "post-decision" phase? Ah, something new to talk about. "After you got your card, what circle are you on?"

I don't think you will have to go through all the steps. You could get transfered to CSC and go from Initial Review to Decision is my guess. Interestingly, we never got an update for the approval of AOS...no email, no welcome letter, no card production ordered, but a green card arrived in the mail. So looking at our case online (new version), it says Initial Review. Out of curiosity I called and asked if they knew my husband had a green card. The lady said that sometimes the adjudicator just doesn't enter things in the system like they are supposed to for the updates. So it may not be the system, but the individual not doing their job.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Had a look at our case after months with a green card, just to see the new look. You've got to remember the categories fit many petitions and applications. If you mouse over the circles it tells what they are. My short interpretation:

Initial review-they're working on your case. (General review or just Review might be a better term)

Request for evidence- They sent you an RFE and are waiting on your response. Will go back to initial review when case resumes.

Testing and interview For naturalization applicants, I believe you take the test and interview sometimes the same day. An AOS applicant would get this status if an interview had been scheduled.

Decision-They've approved you probably and are generating the approval emails and letters.

Post decision activity-Whatever happens after a decision...like in a denial and they are working on deportation and you are filing a waiver. For approvals they are just doing paperwork and updating databases.

Document prodution/oath ceremony-They ordered your card. I would guess these last three happen pretty fast. Actually our EAD says post decision activity, so maybe after the card is issued, the status reverts back to the "post-decision" phase? Ah, something new to talk about. "After you got your card, what circle are you on?"

I don't think you will have to go through all the steps. You could get transfered to CSC and go from Initial Review to Decision is my guess. Interestingly, we never got an update for the approval of AOS...no email, no welcome letter, no card production ordered, but a green card arrived in the mail. So looking at our case online (new version), it says Initial Review. Out of curiosity I called and asked if they knew my husband had a green card. The lady said that sometimes the adjudicator just doesn't enter things in the system like they are supposed to for the updates. So it may not be the system, but the individual not doing their job.

Thanks so much for all the updates. Its amazing how much you "sleep better" when you have a bit of reassurance from others.

Cheers! Amara & Steve

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks so much for all the updates. Its amazing how much you "sleep better" when you have a bit of reassurance from others.

Cheers! Amara & Steve

For what its worth, I spoke with the (No)Helpline the day before my GC arrived as I too was a bit concerned that the new and updated site seemed to have added stuff that did not seem pertinent to my case - specifically I had letters from USCIS that indicated that the process was far more advanced than the web site indicated.

The advice I received was that I should forget what the website says and only go by what I actually received in the mail; that the website should only be looked at as indicative. In fact this was the correct advice as the GC arrived the following day and the website has still not changed.

Hope that helps!

They don't update the site I think. I received my Approved Parole to Travel certification today but the USCIS website says, it is still Initial Review.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.