aidan80

Credit Reports/Scores?

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well I went in and had a look at my actual score which came away at 720.. which the crooks robbed me of $15 for.. a small price for the real thing vs the "estimated" score over at Credit Karma at 690 or 680.. for free that site isn't bad!

Anyway I found out what did it.. I've kept a balance on a credit card on purpose so I could make payments and build up a payment history well this card has a small maximum limit and it's reading as close to 50% used to the credit companies. So I think pay off the balance wait a few days, apply for a higher card wait about a month or so and try the bank for a auto loan this time. Worst thing happens I don't get a deal on a 2009 model and end up paying more for a 2010 model.

Aidan, I think you are an ideal customer for most car dealers. As slimy as car salesmen are, you just gotta go there with the attitude that you are only going to accept a fair offer ....and the best way to know what is fair in terms of price - figure out what make and model of the car you are interested in and then get a dealer cost printout from Consumer Reports. I think it's about $15 but well worth...because you can end up saving thousands of dollars. Second, look at what the going interest rates are for new car purchases to people with good credit. Granted, your credit history is limited, but at least you'll have some haggling knowledge before going to a dealership. Just be prepared to get up and walk out until you are offered a deal that is fair. You'll get one...but you may need to try a few dealerships until you find the right deal.

I thought so too thought I was a perfect candidate? I've a stable job even in these times I make more than enough to pay off the car good enough credit rating. I think Rebeccajo is right I didn't know and applied with capital one which is still almost dying from it's own greed. I already know the make and model, done a test drive. I've been trying to play all the dealers I could find for about 50 miles around off each other which has taken them down from a starting price of about $16,900 (including everything) to $14,400 all in and out the door no more hidden fees. I had to get the full actual price down first they'd say anything to get you in the showroom then say but that's not including this, this and this. I'm also not trading in I'm selling my used car on the side of the road so that's about another $1,700 - $2,000 off the final price plus a deposit.

Well, I can almost guarantee you that many car dealerships would happily finance you on a car purchase. They only may be cautious about your credit history, but if you can, have your wife included on the loan application.

The best time to negotiate with a car salesman is at the end of the month, so maybe you should try within the next few days?

Here's some sound advice on how to negotiate.

Yes I've read the end of the month is a good time as is near the end of the year. I'm sure they are cautious about my credit history which is why I wanted to put down about 10% or 20% of the total cost up front leaving my loan a decent bit smaller. I'd take teh wife along and put her on the application but since I we're split up I doubt she'll want to buy a car lol

Oh #######...sorry to hear that.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit reporting/reports are total ####### overall..... The big three are out to make money at your expense. Conduct the due diligence with these companies and get the bs fixed. Trans Union, Equifax (the loser) and Experian...seek to report on anything, even if it not yours.....there are laws to protect you, but you must conduct the due diligence to fix the errors.

Credit reporting/reports are total ####### overall..... The big three are out to make money at your expense. Conduct the due diligence with these companies and get the bs fixed. Trans Union, Equifax (the loser) and Experian...seek to report on anything, even if it not yours.....there are laws to protect you, but you must conduct the due diligence to fix the errors.

:thumbs:

Your credit report should be ZERO!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

:thumbs:

Your credit report should be ZERO!

Actually 800 would be optimal, but they don't issue that score.

It's not even close to zero, but your response suggests that you work for or support these companies?

Edited by William33

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

You can go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp to get all 3 reports but with no score. You can go to www.crednology.com to get a free evaluation about your credit. Good Luck

That site is free indeed, but the limited report you get is total #######....If you want to see your real report, you need to pay for it. The US Government failed us again.......

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Credit scores are like derivatives, another mathematical algorithm formula created by a bunch of math geeks, that were hired by big banks and credit card industry to come up with this scoring model and to truly think arrogantly that they can predict human behavior to pay back a loan, which as we all know what has happened back in the 90s with LongTermGainCapital(set hedge fund by a bunch of MIT/HARVARD/YALE dip$hit$)and now again in the go go 2000s after 9/11 with the mortgage backed securities(more derivatives), thus none of us can ever have a good enough credit score for it is constantly changing how it is calculated, as it was once again just changed this past August on all of us quietly. And yes the Democrat led Congress allowed it, sad thing is, credit scoring is like credit rating agencies, the same people that were in cohoots with all the big investment banks and commercial banks that were grading and rating all those mortgage backed securities(deriatives) that created this recession we are all in now.

Best advice, try to establish a lending relationship with a locally owned and operated bank or credit union, one that is not tied into or part of a large chain bank. Most local bankers can and will use their own judgment based on their experience instead of some stupid silly A$$ credit score created by some east coast elitist college geek moron that knows little or nothing about lending or collections! :whistle:

All right I’m about ready to go mad! How in this country do I get an actual copy of my credit report from the three agencies without paying out $60 or paying some other rip off website $20 a month? I just want to know my score the score they use to make up their mind. I don’t mind paying I just don’t want ripped off.

Some things back home were easier (at least last time I did it) I paid about $6 for my credit report from Experian.. a week later it arrived via post and that was it what’s going on over here? Why are there 1000’s of companies trying to sell me information about me!

Anyway the reason for all of this is so I can buy a car nothing fancy just a basic new car in the 14k range not exactly a Mercedes. I got shot down already on one attempt to get a loan and need to figure out what I need to do to fix up my credit enough before applying with another lender.

Credit scores are based solely on if you made your payments on time.

― Andrew Wilkow

CREDIT..................................SCORE! As long as youve had credit in the past and you then pay off all your debt. Within two years after paying off all debt your score will go to ZERO! Banks will see the past credit history! Thats when you turn to gold to a bank! :P

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

Hey whatever works for the consumer to help them, for they are not on a level playing field with big banks right now. :thumbs:

CREDIT..................................SCORE! As long as youve had credit in the past and you then pay off all your debt. Within two years after paying off all debt your score will go to ZERO! Banks will see the past credit history! Thats when you turn to gold to a bank! :P

Hey whatever works for the consumer to help them, for they are not on a level playing field with big banks right now. :thumbs:

Being DEBT free is the shite! :dance::dance:

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

Sure but not realistic. Nothing wrong with people borrowing to get ahead and pay off, just when they are taken advantage of or when they use it out of control it becomes a serious problem. :whistle:

Being DEBT free is the shite! :dance::dance: