cha

PLEASE!! I really need Help!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone! I'm here because I desperately need some help about my fiance's visa. I posted elsewhere a couple of weeks back and I only got one reply and God Bless her... she wasn't sure about the answers she gave me either. So here's the deal::: I'm a full-time student and my fiance and I have already been approved for the K-1 visa. The problem is, I have to submit an I-134 for my fiance before his interview on August 8. I'm in such a bind because I'm taking summer classes and extremely stressed out enough as it is. Anyway, there are just a few questions I would like to know.

1 - I don't have a job, because I'm a full-time student and I live with my parents. What do I need to submit, if I don't have a job?

2 - Can my parents be joint sponsors with me and if so, how do I fill out that form? Nowhere in that form does it mention anything about co-sponsors unlike the I-185.

3 - Where do I send the I-134? To the Embassy or to my fiance?

If anyone can help me in answering these questions or can direct me somewhere I can get the answers I need, I would really appreciate it.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! :help:

Edited by cha

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

fill out the I-134 even if you have to put "none" for income.

Have your folks do an I-134 also, showing adequate income/assets

Go forth and conquer :dance

edit--

Ok .. there's a little more to it than that, but really.. if your parents can do one too it's good.

You can always just call or email your embassy and ask, but your fiance has a packet of instructions from the embassy, no?

Edited by Jaci

Jaci - Florida , Ciprian - Brasov, Romania

we got married!

visiting 11/05

visiting for a month April 19 '06

visitng September 06

I love you Sweetheart!

Our Website

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
Hi Everyone! I'm here because I desperately need some help about my fiance's visa. I posted elsewhere a couple of weeks back and I only got one reply and God Bless her... she wasn't sure about the answers she gave me either. So here's the deal::: I'm a full-time student and my fiance and I have already been approved for the K-1 visa. The problem is, I have to submit an I-134 for my fiance before his interview on August 8. I'm in such a bind because I'm taking summer classes and extremely stressed out enough as it is. Anyway, there are just a few questions I would like to know.

1 - I don't have a job, because I'm a full-time student and I live with my parents. What do I need to submit, if I don't have a job?

2 - Can my parents be joint sponsors with me and if so, how do I fill out that form? Nowhere in that form does it mention anything about co-sponsors unlike the I-185.

3 - Where do I send the I-134? To the Embassy or to my fiance?

If anyone can help me in answering these questions or can direct me somewhere I can get the answers I need, I would really appreciate it.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! :help:

Hi!

1 - you fill out the I-134 as requested by the consulate. Indicate your yearly income (I THINK you can use financial aid as income, but I could be wrong about that -- someone clarify please). Even if you have a yearly income of $0.01, you still need to fill out the I-134 because, as the future wife of the immigrant and as the petitioner, you have to be the PRIMARY sponsor. Since your income will NOT meet the poverty guidelines you will need a co-sponsor, which leads to...

2 - Yes, your parents CAN co-sponsor for you, but they can only be CO-sponsors. You are always the primary sponsor regardless of your income since he will be your husband. They will also fill out I-134's and submit supporting evidence as indicated in the I-134 instructions. All of the I-134's have to be notarized.

3- you send the I-134's (yours and your parents') to your fiance who will bring them to his interview. Don't mail them directly to the consulate.

I hope this has helped! Good luck! :thumbs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeline
Hi!

1 - you fill out the I-134 as requested by the consulate. Indicate your yearly income (I THINK you can use financial aid as income, but I could be wrong about that -- someone clarify please). Even if you have a yearly income of $0.01, you still need to fill out the I-134 because, as the future wife of the immigrant and as the petitioner, you have to be the PRIMARY sponsor. Since your income will NOT meet the poverty guidelines you will need a co-sponsor, which leads to...

2 - Yes, your parents CAN co-sponsor for you, but they can only be CO-sponsors. You are always the primary sponsor regardless of your income since he will be your husband. They will also fill out I-134's and submit supporting evidence as indicated in the I-134 instructions. All of the I-134's have to be notarized.

3- you send the I-134's (yours and your parents') to your fiance who will bring them to his interview. Don't mail them directly to the consulate.

I hope this has helped! Good luck! :thumbs:

Nice explanation of why you have to fill out the I-134 even if you're not employed. I suppose you could use financial aid as income, but as I recall college financial aid wouldn't be enough to qualify, and is not necessarily continuing, so I'm not sure it would make much sense.

we got married!

visiting 11/05

visitng September 06

I love you Sweetheart!

Our Website

Filed: Other Timeline

Certainly no disrespect to my good friend Jaci and to Karen L, but I'd like to see this question answered by someone with a fiance from the Phils.

Aren't they kinda um - 'weird' about co-sponsors? Do they permit a co-sponsor? Would it matter if the beneficiary were male (as it is in the OP's case) than female?

I'm just wondering, that's all. Not meaning to alarm the OP.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just to clarify:

"2 - Yes, your parents CAN co-sponsor for your fiance, but they can only be CO-sponsors."

Also, you are getting very short on time. I would not risk mailing the documents, use Fedex or UPS so that you know your documents will arrive in time and they are trackable.

Edited by twellspeak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1. Yes your parents can be co-sponsors. You will need to send two I-134s to your fiancee. One will be your information, the second will be your parents. The I-134 is basically a sworn document stating that the foriegn national has the income or support to ensure that they will not require public assistance.

2. You will send the I-134 and supporting evidence to your fiancee for him to present at his interview.

Here is the link to the PI US embassy that explains what you need to do

Embassy info

Everything you need to know about the I-134 and philipine requirements can be found here.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Timeline
Certainly no disrespect to my good friend Jaci and to Karen L, but I'd like to see this question answered by someone with a fiance from the Phils.

Aren't they kinda um - 'weird' about co-sponsors? Do they permit a co-sponsor? Would it matter if the beneficiary were male (as it is in the OP's case) than female?

I'm just wondering, that's all. Not meaning to alarm the OP.

OMG RJ you are so right! I can't believe I didn't even notice that.

I could see however how if the folks are well qualified and have made it clear fiance is invited to come live with them it might be ok. Much better than having an unrelated co sponsor that doesn't know fiance, for a variety of reasons that might be important there. Definitely worth checking on specifics for that embassy.

we got married!

visiting 11/05

visitng September 06

I love you Sweetheart!

Our Website

cha

Here is one thread on the issue of a sponsor for the I-134 in Manila

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18452

Here is the link to the Regional Discussion Forum for Asia: East and Pacific where you can find many threads on sponsoring in regards to the Manila Consulate.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=90

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.