ken86

Lift conditions Facing problems...help needed

12 posts in this topic

hi

I got my conditional GC by DCF, My ex wife came to india and applied for DCF, We are divorced already and i want to lift conditions from my GC. I dont have sufficent proof that we lived together and stuff and I do have proofs and pics of india and before that. will it be difficult for me to lift conditions?

the proofs i have are:

pics that we lived together in india and US

emails

bills

will these documents help me to lift conditons?

thanks

My Timeline

14/07/2007----Met at Cousins Party (Notre dame, Indiana)

15/07/2007----Started talking (Exchange phone numbers)

31/08/2007----went back to India (For Family Issues)

2/10/2007---- Came Back to USA (Started living together)

12/12/2007----MARRIED in INDIANA,USA

07/03/2008----Gone to India (family Issues) Coudnt go back to USA Visa got finished!!!

23/08/2008---- My wife came to india (stayed 3 months)

24/11/2008----Applied DCF in New Delhi Embassy----GOT APPROVED same DAY got Packet 3.5 by hand

03/12/2008----Wife went back to USA

17/12/2008----Submit all documents @ VFS jullundher Packet 3.5

28/01/2009----Got interview date Packet 4: Feb 6th

29/01/2009----Went for medical

02/02/2009----GOT medical Report!! (all Fine)

06/02/2009---- INTERVIEW!!!! RECIVED 221g REQUSTING TO SUBMIT MORE DOCUMENTS with PASSPORT

28/02/2009---- Submitted 221g Documents with passport

18/03/2009---- Got passport without visa stamped on it

19/03/2009---- Called DOS and they said embassy is asking for my daughter's Birth cetificate and Passport

01/04/2009---- 1 month of AP!! - NO NEWS--- from embassy---called DOS No news---_STILL WAITING FOR ANOTHER 221g FROM EMBASSY!!!!!!

STILL UNDER AP!!!!! very Frustated

07/04/2009---- Case tranfered to FPU(fraud prevention unit)

15/06/2009---- Embassy asked me to submit my passport-----confused??

22/06/2009---- Got Visa in Hand

10/07/2009---- POE Denver!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
hi

I got my conditional GC by DCF, My ex wife came to india and applied for DCF, We are divorced already and i want to lift conditions from my GC. I dont have sufficent proof that we lived together and stuff and I do have proofs and pics of india and before that. will it be difficult for me to lift conditions?

the proofs i have are:

emails

bills

thanks

i filed waiver too . just try to submit as much as documentation u have ,that's all we can do . all we have to do is proove that the marriage was in good faith ,and that's all they r concerned abt . well i think u will be ok ,good luck to you and to me as well hahha. u take care bro and try not to worry too much we all r in same boat.

Filed: Timeline
hi

the proofs i have are:

emails

bills

thanks

Its seems that your wife lived with you for a very short time. And you divorce soon after your POE entry. Its in your best interest to file for a waiver with all the proof you can collect as soon as possible. I do not know what proofs you have. Look at the list on the 751 instructions. A good faith statement from your spouse will be very helpful. Since you and your wife lived for a very short period, and your case was referred to the fraud unit before, its time you file the waiver with help of a lawyer. THIS IS NOT DO IT YOURSELF.

hi

the proofs i have are:

emails

bills

thanks

According to you timeline, you are not even in the US yet:

Which means you have not even activated your visa, hence you do not even have a greencard. Removal of Conditions is not going to happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
hi

the proofs i have are:

emails

bills

thanks

Which means you have not even activated your visa, hence you do not even have a greencard. Removal of Conditions is not going to happen.

I think he wrote it the other way, day/month/year...but still, that's only july, fast divorce i guess

hi

the proofs i have are:

emails

bills

thanks

I think he wrote it the other way, day/month/year...but still, that's only july, fast divorce i guess

Could very well be :thumbs:

I still do not think he has much if any evidence to remove conditions on his own.

hi

the proofs i have are:

emails

bills

thanks

Could very well be :thumbs:

I still do not think he has much if any evidence to remove conditions on his own.

Well, i agree! Although he was officially married to the USC in the US, they really didn't cohabit as a couple. All I can see in the time line above is they lived together a few months. And now the OP has a divorce decree for the removal of conditions with waiver. It "could be" a tough call, he better have somebody strong batting on his side. I think quality of evidence is what matters.

Edited by 3600rs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hi

the proofs i have are:

emails

bills

thanks

Or.... he's just planning ahead! :innocent:

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
PLUS his case was initially put under AP.

Also sent to Fraud Prevention Unit! :blink:

Ok, wife goes to India and files a DCF exactly 3 months and 1 day after arriving. New Delhi requires proof of residency from the USC! At a minimum, this means the USC must have a long term valid Indian visa, and a Residential Permit. Additional evidence includes proof of employment in India, proof of taxes paid in India, and rent receipts. So, she goes to India with a long term visa, gets a Residential Permit at the Foreigner's Registration Office, and collects evidence of residence for a few months. As soon as she's got enough evidence, they head down to the US embassy and file a DCF. Don't forget proof of US domicile needed for the I-864, so obviously she brought this evidence with her to India.

One week later, she heads back to the US. :blink:

Now the beneficiary has arrived in the US, and two months later the divorce is already final and he's looking to remove conditions. :wacko:

Man, I wish I was the IO on this case. :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Man, I wish I was the IO on this case. :whistle:

No kidding .. makes me sick seeing issues like this when honest people have such a hard time getting thru the process .. ugh

Donnie and Sylvia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.