PeruvyandGringa

Peru Police Certs obtained without travel to Peru?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I am hoping I am able to find someone who has been able to obtain the police certs for Peru without going to Peru.

My fiance is a Peruvian Citizen, currently living in Spain. We are hopefully soon approaching the consular stage of our fiance visa journey. Is there anyone out there who has been able to obtain their police certs from Peru, without actually travelling to Peru?

I was thinking that the Peruvian Consulate in Madrid could take his official fingerprints and send them, or tell him to go the Spanish Police and have them send them to Peru.

I am hoping someone has experience of getting the Peruvian Police Certs, and the way that we can obtain them without having to have him fly halfway across the globe to obtain them.

(He does have family there, so if we are allowed to have the Peruvian Consulate/Spanish Police take his fingerprints and mail to Peru, his family can retrieve the completed police certs and mail to him in Spain)...

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Police Records

Police records (Certificado de Antecedentes Policiales) are available to applicants age 16 and over, and are issued on green paper with the heading "Policia Nacional del Peru, Division de Identificacion, Certificado de Antecedentes Policiales". The applicant's photo is attached to the certificate. Applicants without criminal records will have "No Registra Antecedentes" printed on the form. A negative certificate does not necessarily mean the subject has no police record, since police records may be deleted upon completion of sentence. A police record may be issued to residents or non-residents upon application to Policia de Investigaciones del Peru. Division de Identificacion, Av. Aramburu No. 550, Lima 34, Lima. The applicant must first request a fingerprint chart (ficha de canje internacional) and provide one photo. Processing time is normally three days. There is a small fee.

Applicants who are not resident in Peru may obtain police records by having a representative pick up the fingerprint chart and required forms in Peru, and then the applicant must have these documents certified by a Peruvian Consulate and the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, before making the request.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3649.html

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline
Police Records

Police records (Certificado de Antecedentes Policiales) are available to applicants age 16 and over, and are issued on green paper with the heading "Policia Nacional del Peru, Division de Identificacion, Certificado de Antecedentes Policiales". The applicant's photo is attached to the certificate. Applicants without criminal records will have "No Registra Antecedentes" printed on the form. A negative certificate does not necessarily mean the subject has no police record, since police records may be deleted upon completion of sentence. A police record may be issued to residents or non-residents upon application to Policia de Investigaciones del Peru. Division de Identificacion, Av. Aramburu No. 550, Lima 34, Lima. The applicant must first request a fingerprint chart (ficha de canje internacional) and provide one photo. Processing time is normally three days. There is a small fee.

Applicants who are not resident in Peru may obtain police records by having a representative pick up the fingerprint chart and required forms in Peru, and then the applicant must have these documents certified by a Peruvian Consulate and the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, before making the request.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3649.html

His sister went there, and was told he needed to make the request himself. At the Consulate in Madrid, they told him he needs to travel to Peru. I do not know if someone is not saying the correct thing when they are asking, either his sister in Lima or himself when he went to the Consulate for assistance. We waited until now to get a new Police Cert because they are only valid for 3 months. Thinking it was a simple request. It is not seeming so simple, both agencies are saying that he needs to travel there. It did not seem the case when reading how to obtain them earlier, and now I am worried because we will be needing them soon, and none of the agencies have been of assistance as of yet.

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

Beyond what the State Department page outlines, the only thing I can suggest is for you (the US citizen) to contact the US Embassy in Lima and ask if they can offer any advice.

Hopefully someone who's been in a similar situation with Peru will reply on this thread.

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Post your question in the Latin America regional forum to get more specific feedback

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

I don't want to post in any specific forum b/c I am attempting to direct it toward Peruvian Citizens/past residents that lived in ANY other country except Peru, and how were they able to obtain their police certs. We have not had any luck with his sister trying to obtain the correct papers in Lima for the request (she just flew to Spain and we had hoped she would have the fingerprint chart and other necessary forms to bring). His sister was told only he can request the forms he needs to fill out. The Peruvian Consulate in Madrid told him he needs to request them from the police in Lima, that they have nothing to do with it. From the directions, he should have been able to obtain them without travelling there, now we are running out of time to get them and are not getting any help.

Anyone out there who has gotten their police certs from Peru without setting foot back in Peru??? From ANY other country?

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

Timeline

Anyone, anyone, lived in Peru, but not currently, getting their police certs from Peru??? I REALLY hope he doesn't have to fly there to get them.

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

What a headache, si man. Have you tried sending PMs to other Peruvian VJ members? If they themselves didn't have to go through what you're facing, maybe they know someone who can provide an answer, from on or off VJ.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Anyone, anyone, lived in Peru, but not currently, getting their police certs from Peru??? I REALLY hope he doesn't have to fly there to get them.

Have you tried contacting the US consulate in Lima yet? They may be able to advise you.

Timeline

I have not attempted to contact the Embassy in Lima. I wonder if that would help. It won't hurt to try, but I do not know if they would be able to advise us on what to do in this situation since it is really the Peruvian Government that we can not get assistance from.

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I don't want to post in any specific forum b/c I am attempting to direct it toward Peruvian Citizens/past residents that lived in ANY other country except Peru, and how were they able to obtain their police certs. We have not had any luck with his sister trying to obtain the correct papers in Lima for the request (she just flew to Spain and we had hoped she would have the fingerprint chart and other necessary forms to bring). His sister was told only he can request the forms he needs to fill out. The Peruvian Consulate in Madrid told him he needs to request them from the police in Lima, that they have nothing to do with it. From the directions, he should have been able to obtain them without travelling there, now we are running out of time to get them and are not getting any help.

Anyone out there who has gotten their police certs from Peru without setting foot back in Peru??? From ANY other country?

That forum may have more Peruvians as regular readers, hence the suggestion.

Best of luck to you.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
I am hoping I am able to find someone who has been able to obtain the police certs for Peru without going to Peru.

My fiance is a Peruvian Citizen, currently living in Spain. We are hopefully soon approaching the consular stage of our fiance visa journey. Is there anyone out there who has been able to obtain their police certs from Peru, without actually travelling to Peru?

I was thinking that the Peruvian Consulate in Madrid could take his official fingerprints and send them, or tell him to go the Spanish Police and have them send them to Peru.

I am hoping someone has experience of getting the Peruvian Police Certs, and the way that we can obtain them without having to have him fly halfway across the globe to obtain them.

(He does have family there, so if we are allowed to have the Peruvian Consulate/Spanish Police take his fingerprints and mail to Peru, his family can retrieve the completed police certs and mail to him in Spain)...

If you want someone to obtain paperwork for your wife you need to ask someone in her family if they can go to the police dept. Obtain their DNI information and go to the Peruvian consulate and obtain a acta de poder to request that paperwork in her behalf. with that acta de poder that family member could go to the police dept. and request the document needed.

USCIS Journey

6-4-2010 Package mailed

6-8-2010 Package received at Chicago Mailbox.

6-11-2010 Receipt date on NOA1

6-14-2010 Cashed money order

6-14-2010 touched

6-15-2010 touched

6-15-2010 Received NOA1 hard copy

11-1-10 Approved I-130

11-2-10 Received text message notifying approval.

I have not attempted to contact the Embassy in Lima. I wonder if that would help. It won't hurt to try, but I do not know if they would be able to advise us on what to do in this situation since it is really the Peruvian Government that we can not get assistance from.

Yes, but the consular section often has formal and informal contacts with the host government as well as experience with these matters. It can't hurt to get in touch with them and see if they can help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.