cwb

...660 miles later, 10 min., I'm done

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes, that's all it took me, driving for 10 hours, a 10 minutes interview, no showing papers, just my passport, DL, Green Card,very nice Agent "Mike-Jacksonville, Fl''. What else could a ask for...I am so happy and relieved...Thanks for everything!!!

Good luck to everyone in you journey, wish you all the best.

God help and bless you all, Marlise

Yes, that's all it took me, driving for 10 hours, a 10 minutes interview, no showing papers, just my passport, DL, Green Card,very nice Agent "Mike-Jacksonville, Fl''. What else could a ask for...I am so happy and relieved...Thanks for everything!!!

What a drive...oh well, you got what you want dear and your journey with the USCIS finally end.

Congratulations!!!

Edited by walls1010

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Short and Sweet . way to Go :thumbs: Congratulations :dance:

waycool.gif

--------------------------------------------

Naturalization:

July 17, 2009 - Mailed N-400 to TX-Lockbox

July 23, 2009 - NOA

Aug 12, 2009 - Bio Metrics @ Jackson, MS

Oct 13, 2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

Oct 15, 2009 - OATH @ New Orleans, LA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good Bye USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ha, somebody always has it worse, thought 430 miles was bad enough. Was thinking, if I ever have to go through this again, would find a house across the street from a field office. But now, great having the nearest one 215 miles away, 330 miles would even be better.

Timeline

Well at least they have some 80 odd field offices, but the USA is a big country. With that crazy green card thing not permitting you to have a US passport, you may only find 2 or 3 consulates in the entire USA you have to show up in person to get that passport renewed, that can mean over a thousand mile trip one way! Next to impossible to get an appointment, only at their convenience, then if you live in the northern states, pray you don't get a major blizzard. Can't call any numbers, have to write. Last Friday, all four internet weather sites predicted the low 70's for last weekend, we were in the 80's, how can they predict global warming when they can't even predict the weather one day in advance? It was with pure luck for our three biometric trips in the mid of winter, we didn't have any blizzards that day. Fortunately, our interviews occurred during the summer and early fall months.

Now that is luck.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did they say anything about your Oath day?

What questions did they ask you?

What it is your time line?

Sorry, but I also have to go to Jacksonville.

Maryces21

Mother's Journey

12/30/11 Sent I-130 Petition to CSC

01/14/11 Received NOA 1 (Priority date 01/02/11)

02/14/11 Could see case online

05/04/11 Waiting.......I am pregnant and I wish my Mom could be here when baby is born

05/23/11 Received email. Case approved. Yeahhhhhh

05/26/11 Received NOA 2 in the mail.

--------------NVC stage-----------------

06/07/11 NVC received case.

06/08/11 Called to give emails and got IIN.

06/10/11 Sent DS3032 email and paid AOS fee. Received auto response 15 seconds later.

06/14/11 AOS Showed Paid. Sent AOS Package.

06/16/11 NVC Received and accepted DS3032. AOS Package was delivered to NVC.

06/17/11 Paid IV fee.

06/22/11 IV Showed Paid.

06/23/11 Sent DS-230 via Express Mail.

06/24/11 DS 230 was delivered by USPS.

06/28/11 AOS was accepted per AVR.

06/30/11 Received AOS check list. Missing DS-230. (It was sent 06/23/11)

07/07/11 Case Complete per AVR and operator. Waiting for interview date.

08/01/11 Per NVC Operator Interview date 09/28/11

09/26/11 Medical test. Passed!!!!

09/28/11 Interview date @ BGT embassy. Approved!!!!!!!

10/06/11 Visa arrived.

10/19/11 Arrived to USA. POE ORLANDO

11/14/11 Received Green Card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Do You have to travel that far for Oath again or did they gave you an option to choose the nearest One? I guess i have to travel almost equal distance as you from Dallas to New Orleans except i halt for nite before I resume early in the morning. I got to be there at 9:30 AM

waycool.gif

Naturalization:

July 17, 2009 - Mailed N-400 to TX-Lockbox

July 23, 2009 - NOA

Aug 12, 2009 - Bio Metrics @ Jackson, MS

Oct 13, 2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

Oct 15, 2009 - OATH @ New Orleans, LA

Good Bye USCIS

Hi Marlaise,

Oh my....600+ miles...What an adventure indeed! Seems like a waste of time for all that driving for only 10 minutes...Aren't there any other "local" offices that are more local to you? It doesn't seem fair that you have to drive all that way (on your own expense and time too), because of the USCIS.

But in the end, it was certainly worth it for you, passing your interview! By the way, did they ask you any questions (such as civics/history questions) during your interview too?

Congratulations on passing such, and good luck with the rest of your immigration journey too, with the oath coming up for you.

Ant

P.S. Lol..and I thought I had it bad with 200+ miles to my "local" office...I guess not then, as I'm sure others have it worse than I do, such as you mentioned here...But yes, can certainly relate to you and others about this long-distance driving for the USCIS thing....Unfair, indeed!

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Well at least they have some 80 odd field offices, but the USA is a big country. With that crazy green card thing not permitting you to have a US passport, you may only find 2 or 3 consulates in the entire USA you have to show up in person to get that passport renewed, that can mean over a thousand mile trip one way! Next to impossible to get an appointment, only at their convenience, then if you live in the northern states, pray you don't get a major blizzard. Can't call any numbers, have to write. Last Friday, all four internet weather sites predicted the low 70's for last weekend, we were in the 80's, how can they predict global warming when they can't even predict the weather one day in advance? It was with pure luck for our three biometric trips in the mid of winter, we didn't have any blizzards that day. Fortunately, our interviews occurred during the summer and early fall months.

Now that is luck.

Yes they did. There will be one in Panama City next week, that's 40 miles away from my house. He said, that my letter might not make it in time, so I would have one there or Pensacola, and they do it at Court House, one at the time if necessary, because there are not many, in no more than 1 month. I ask him everything, because I also had so many doubts and i did not seem anybody knew the answeres.

Ow, Jacksonville at the door scares you, the ladies are not friendly, but after that they are very nice, I well remember the 1.a interview, the one with your husband, it took us maybe 5 minutes, and the agent was SO kind too...

Read: Who lives in the White House

Write: The President lives in the White House

Questions: 1 .Florida Capital, 2. Florida governor, 3. Who is the Father of our Country 4 .What is one promise you make when you become an American Citizen 5.What is the capital of the US 6.Name 2 national holidays....That was it...And I watched him aprroving everything...

Hi Marlaise,

Congratulations! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: I'm so happy for you! My interview will be on the 29th at 6:30 AM in Dallas. My husband and I will drive 7 to 8 hours each way. So we decided to go to Dallas on Sunday so I can rest on Monday before the interview. Otherwise, I'll be dead tired pregnant woman during my interview ;) .

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Timeline
Hi Marlaise,

Congratulations! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: I'm so happy for you! My interview will be on the 29th at 6:30 AM in Dallas. My husband and I will drive 7 to 8 hours each way. So we decided to go to Dallas on Sunday so I can rest on Monday before the interview. Otherwise, I'll be dead tired pregnant woman during my interview ;) .

Good news is your baby will be born a USC, whether you get your citizenship or not.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

congrats

"For with God nothing shall be impossible - Luke 1:37"

Details of older petition timelines are in "Our Story" section

May 28, 2009 - Filed N-400 application for Naturalization

June 08, 2009 - NOA 1 received in the mail dated June 01,2009

June 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appt Letter received for July 02, 2009

July 02, 2009 - Biometrics Done - awaiting interview letter

July 13, 2009 - Interview Letter Received for Sept 09, 2009

Sept 09, 2009 - Interview Passed - Thank you Lord Jesus !!!

Sept 17, 2009 - Oath Ceremony - COBO Hall Detroit, MI - Done, registered to vote + updated Social Security record

Sept 18, 2009 - Applied for US Passport

Oct 06, 2009 - New Social Security card received in the mail

Oct 08, 2009 - US Passport received in the mail

Oct 09, 2009 - Naturalization Certificate received in the mail

Oct 20, 2009 - Received Voter's Registration Card

Oct 20, 2009 - Our Visa Journey Completed - Thank you Lord Jesus !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.